What's new

India blocks more than 250 Web sites for inciting hate, panic

my2cents

Reaction score
Country
India
India blocks more than 250 Web sites for inciting hate, panic - The Washington Post

GirlFromNorthEast_PTI.jpg

What should be the role of govt.in monitoring the social media and web content?

Recent mass hesteria created by false rumours and photos lead to mass exit of
north eastern people from our major cities like Bangalore,
Hyderabad and Chennia.This shows how powerful these tools are and how
some individuals with an axe to grind can use these same tools to spew their venom and disinformation.
Govt. has under its scanner 250 websites of our neighbouring country, having objectionable
content. ISP's have been instructed to shut these websites down.

Now the question arises what should be the role of the govt?

With the new amended IT Act, goi has removed the
ISP's from any responsibility for hosting these websites.
This act also absolves intermediaries like social
media and blogs from any responsibility for user uploaded content.
GOI in its ultimate wisdom has placed filtering mechanism in place.
But these mechanism have failed miserably these past few days.
Now in future does it entail more cencorship and monitoring of the
websites by the government. Since past few days these issues have come
to forefront and into our public discourse.

Atleast get the title right.

India is not shutting down 250 Pakistani Websites because it does not have the power to do so.

India is acting like a petty dictatorship and blocking sites and freedom of information.

LOL, i still find it unbelievable how a few Pakistani websites created such a big drama across India :lol:

India has a habit of blaming all of its failures on Pakistan.

This is no different.

Atleast get the title right.

India is not shutting down 250 Pakistani Websites because it does not have the power to do so.

India is acting like a petty dictatorship and blocking sites and freedom of information.

Yes, India is not shutting them down.

We have every right of blocking your useless websites that do nothing but propagate hate against India.

Reserve your beautiful hate propaganda websites for your own population.

We have every right of blocking your useless websites that do nothing but propagate hate against India.

What about giving people the freedom to choose to view and not to view these sites?

Your reasoning is similar to what Saudi Arabia, China and other violators of freedom to use to justify their censorship of information.

What about giving people the freedom to choose to view and not to view these sites?

Your reasoning is similar to what Saudi Arabia, China and other violators of freedom to use to justify their censorship of information.

When some people take advantage of freedom and use this freedom to spread hatred with evil intentions then we give a rats *** to such freedom.

Indian Gov depriving its own people from the freedom of speech and thought. How about GoI admit its incompetence and do something really useful to avoid violence in its states. Stop throwing your sh*ts around on Pakistan and neighboring countrys.

i hope india shuts itself down, which sows nothing but division in china and encouraging the less enlightened chinese subjects in tibet to barbeque themselves, all for national security reasons in india. i won't even call this india's just desert for the harm they did to our tibetan subjects because comparing to the pain of human barbequing some of these indians had an easy death at the hands of indian mobs

i hope india shuts itself down, which sows nothing but division in china and encouraging the less enlightened chinese subjects in tibet to barbeque themselves, all for national security reasons in india. i won't even call this india's just desert for the harm they did to our tibetan subjects because comparing to the pain of human barbequing some of these indians had an easy death at the hands of indian mobs

You can whine all you want, but truth is you have no clue, how many Tibetans wish to be Chinese, you Govt will never dare to condut a survey. Live with it.

Blocking some useless websites does not mean we are shutting ourselves down :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom