What's new

India becomes leading supplier of rice to Singapore

well,it is expected as India is recently exporting rice at low cost due to surplus...

as for @nalan @faisal6309 @Hafizzz

o my humanitarian brothers,who make a flood by crying in the name of poor indian people,

evil india is supplying rice at 1-2 kg to the poor,killing them slowly,like timespan of 70-80 years..:lazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only Singapore, but India also became the leading supplier of food to Africa (Nigeria, Egypt) and middle-east.

Indian exports have vastly improved world supplies of foodgrains, and have had a benign impact on prices of food, esp rice.

Not only Singapore, but India also became the leading supplier of food to Africa (Nigeria, Egypt) and middle-east.

Indian exports have vastly improved world supplies of foodgrains, and have had a benign impact on prices of food, esp rice.

Basmati rice in general is 3-5 times expensive than normal rice. Think before you write some crap. :girl_wacko:
why I need to think?because i did not know what is Basmati rice and what is economics?

high IQ? NO,I am not.
Says a high IQ Chinese.....they need to learn about indian food programs....

yes.india has a great food program and i was confused by the article ok?

śūnya_0_Zero;4863792 said:

how glorious..

why I need to think?because i did not know what is Basmati rice and what is economics?

Basmati rice is high quality rice only grown in India and Pakistan, highly prized across the world.

Good going India, primarily we import from India, Thailand & Vietnam, I am surprise India took over Thailand, because Thai rice is more compatible wih SEA dishes.

But food is food, Singapore doesn't have its own so have to reply on our export partners.

India’s agricultural exports see 121% jump on guargum, rice diet

The country's agricultural and processed food exports saw a huge jump — of 121% — during first two quarters of the current fiscal to R63,000 crore in comparison to Rs 28,500 crore during same period last year.

agriculture12.jpg

The country's agricultural and processed food exports saw a huge jump — of 121% — during first two quarters of the current fiscal to R63,000 crore in comparison to Rs 28,500 crore during same period last year. The jump is mainly attributed to the surge in shipment of Guargum (488%) and non-Basmati rice (993%) in the first half of 2012-13.
According to the latest data released by the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Guargum exports stood at Rs 21,536 crore, which is around 45% of the total agricultural exports.
The rise in Guargum exports this fiscal was more than 488% in comparison to the same period last year.
The global demand for Guargum — an extract from Guar seed used as sealant in oil and natural gas drilling — had been on the surge during last one and half years due to soaring crude prices.
“If the growth in export trend continues, we will cross the R1-lakh crore export mark by the end of the current fiscal,” Asit Tripathy, chairman, APEDA told FE.
Another key commodity that pushed up agricultural exports was non-Basmati rice. The total exports of non-Basmati rice during the April – September period this year was around R6285 crore, a jump of more than 993% from the previous year. India lifted a ban on non-Basmati in September last year after a three-year restriction.
The exports of India's flagship agri-product basmati rice grew marginally by 4.5% to R9,054 crore during first two quarters of current fiscal. The exports jump is mainly because of rising demand for aromatic long grain rice in Gulf countries, European Union and United States. Iran and Saudi Arabia constitute more than half of basmati exports.
Cumulative rice exports were at R15,339 crore during the April-September period. Another key commodity that saw a significant jump in export growth was wheat. India exported R3619 crore worth of wheat in this fiscal till now, which is a huge jump from last year's marginal exports worth of R33 crore.
Other key commodities that saw growth in shipments include meat products (R7595 crore), dairy products (R523 crore), groundnut

India’s agricultural exports see 121% jump on guargum, rice diet

India is capable of feeding its people, India is a food surplus country and we are also leading exporters in Agriculture sector :cheers:

There is a budding new Green revolution in the eastern states like Bihar.

Bihar's state GDP has been rising in double digits, and improved yields are just one of the reason.

Good for India.. and good for food importers (esp rice importers) across the world. :tup:

Some people need to focus on their Dog Soup instead of trolling on this thread .

Back
Top Bottom