Last edited:
Hampi
25239675.jpg

Sunkadakatta Forest......! Near Mysore [KABINI RIVER LODGE]
6393712875_399fd37e1f_b.jpg

Malpe Beach
6418112345_e280c8d900_b.jpg
Thats Not Malpe,,,,Thats Saint Marrys Island,,near Malpe

Can we have some pics of Shringeri Temple Plss,,I am not able to find my pic collection,had lot from there,,
Pls some 1 do the needful.

Mizoram People ,culture ,art and popular music

Mizoram means the land of highlanders. The word mizo means ZO people who are closely related tribes scattered all over NE and Burma
The so called Mizo language is actually the popular dialect of lushai sub tribe.
Other zo sub-tribes are paite , hmar, kom,mara,gangte etc (i don't know others, as my mizo friend refused to answer any further)
Almost 99% of mizo people are christians.They are communal and have strong community bond.They live by the priciples of "Tlawmngaihna", an untranslatable term meaning that
it is the obligation of all members of society to be hospitable, kind, unselfish, and helpful to others.Tlawmngaihna to a Mizo stands for that compelling moral force which finds expression in self-sacrifice for the service of others.
Mizos often gather together to help in disaster management like landslides or famine
Probably why their is not a single beggar in whole of Mizoram and has very low crime rate, though it is very poor state. One of most peaceful region in the country where
every one take care of each other.

Apart from christmas chapchar-kut is the main festival
Mizo people at chapar-kut celebration in aizawl
PycX1vC.jpg
9J1tIZ2.jpg

HzC8EQW.jpg

MmHTJTX.jpg
eAhP8eF.jpg

BeRPKx6.jpg

dHWrMft.jpg

9cB6cJy.jpg

Cheraw dance and the dresses worn by ladies are called Kawrchei & Puanchei

s260I98.jpg

The neckpiece worn here (the red bulky one) is called "Thi hna"
ub7TphX.jpg

Last edited:
continuing with Mizoram People ,culture ,art and popular music......
DFvXjpe.jpg

6LiQ7Cr.jpg

CxKjeoM.jpg

Ww0aIdF.jpg

Participants of annaul Aizawl cosplay competition
JT0JKBj.jpg

1X8EzvD.jpg

e0Erzls.jpg

A rock band with female lead is my thing
||The D is silent ( Hang it loose ) - YouTube ||
||Freddy's Nitemare - I'll be fine lyrics - YouTube ||

Stellar by Boomarang, a popular band from Mizoram,such beautiful lyrics ...
||www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsoC3XlM0Hw||

View from Jenukallu Gudda:

Kudremukh National Park:/Herds of Indian Bison/Gaur roaming over the Shola grasslands:
those are realy awesome pictures ,, I love the greenery and rain

Last edited:
@zootinali I was about to say the same w.r.t to your pics! The traditional Mizo attire looks awesome. In fact, most of the Northeastern tribes have such colourful and exotic attire.:tup: Are you from Aizawl too? The Mizo highlands infact reminded me of the highlands of Western Ghats. Such places are always special.:cheers:

@zootinali I was about to say the same w.r.t to your pics! The traditional Mizo attire looks awesome. In fact, most of the Northeastern tribes have such colourful and exotic attire.:tup: Are you from Aizawl too? The Mizo highlands infact reminded me of the highlands of Western Ghats. Such places are always special.:cheers:
The climate is bit same I think , because of unique geography of both places,,high rainfall and highlands makes them look alike..
about me , no I m not ,m from assam, a bodo, but I have a strong interest affection for communities and tribes of Nagaland and Mizoram .

Last edited:
The climate is bit same I think , because of unique geography of both places,,high rainfall and highlands makes them look alike..
about me , no I m not ,m from assam, a bodo, but I have a strong interest in communities and tribes of Nagaland and Mizoram .

Good to know that! But how come you haven't posted pics from Assam and of Bodos yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom