What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
are they threat to Indian social, religious structure ? or in any other way?

They are an absolute threat to Indian culture and Indian democracy.

If one takes pain to go through statistics, almost 99.5% of all conversions are forced conversions of poor. No where forced conversion is allowed. If any person or family is willing to chance his/her faith it has to be ablsolutely through his/her will.

Another absurd thing is, why we have to often see a rise in missionaries and thier delegates in poor people localites.If all the poor in India are converted, then we may be the largest christian nation :O

The land of Dharma is against forcefull conversions. But hindus on the other hand are more liberal in cozying up with different faiths. A mind blowing witness is how they lived along with muslims and christians for centuries.

If outsiders dont know? There is a Temples care taking ministry at state levels. Unfortunately what is happening is that all the income from the richest temples is taken away for other developemental activities instead of developement of those temples lied in ruins. But the same is not done to Churches and mosques. their income was never questioned not taken away, thereby letting them build more and more of the kind.

But on the otherside of the story, I like the way how TTD is managed. A speperate division and almost 15 different trusts that cater the needs of poor and under-priviledged. If some one donno what TTD is? " tirumala tirupathi devastanam" It grossed an hundi income of over Rs500 crore for the year ending 2010.Tirumala temple nets 575 cr. in 2010 Second largest by income only after Vatican.

sugar balls, commonly used as Prashad are given in dargahs too, atleast in 3 dargahs I have visited. one cant eat it to fill their stomach. I guess its just a way to distribute the blessings of Allah to others who are not able to come to visit dargah personally. Same purpose as that of Prashad.

:laugh: sorry we dont believe in it as Blessing of Allah is everywhere. these sugar balls are just a business tactic and as these are sold in hugggggggggggge amount so you can imagine those earning through it.

so bottom line is : Parasad and this sugar balls or khurda or whatever you may call it is in NO way sacred just a fooling

there is nothing like conversion in Hinduism, No wonder Hinduism is considered as a peaceful and flexible religion .
the religions which are considered peaceful are the ones which donot follow this bigoted idea of conversion by forceful means or bribe ...i am not going to give examples ..you guys know better..:)

:laugh: sorry we dont believe in it as Blessing of Allah is everywhere. these sugar balls are just a business tactic and as these are sold in hugggggggggggge amount so you can imagine those earning through it.

so bottom line is : Parasad and this sugar balls or khurda or whatever you may call it is in NO way sacred just a fooling

Having some fun with Kds, is it?:)

my best friend has adopted Christianity ( he did not have any financial problem) and visit to church of latter days, his family is still Hindu. and I dont see any problem in conversion, as a Human he remained same , he still celebrates Diwali, Holi etc and still go to temple with his Family.. Most of my Maids were converted people, who were once Hindu/muslim converted to christianity. even the same friend once took me to a missionary from USA and he (missionary) wanted to meet my famiy and visit my home, but I said "NO" (my family dint like the Idea) , he even gave me a book of latter days (dont know whats this) to read, but i dint find any time to read that book, I once attended the Prayer (done by the same missionary) in my friend's home and it was same as any satsung in gurudwara or any pooja in Mandir..!! so iam totally in favour of conversion if it is done at your own will, and its not like that only poors are converted , even Rich sometimes want to experience other religion !! but in the process one should never disrespect any religion...

Think about this -

Showing them better life or saying things will change is an act of bribing. Religion doesnt change lives!!!. Its tricking.

In case you want to convert then you need to do them your religion has to be an example of such that people should will to jooin you themselve. Something that happened to all our religions centuries ago.

Dash ist not bribing its bargaining by both sides willingly so according to secularism shouldnt it be personal freedom to people to convert as many times as they want be it for money or otherwise?

I agree and disagree with you.

Most of my indian friend circle is of muslim faith. As a matter of fact, I have been to masjids as many time during Ramadaan month and other days. I have been to big ones as well as small ones, but never has to pay a single rupee for the food/prasaadam they give you. Everyone just brings food to the shrine as per their capability.and the food is distributed for all.Same happens with many hindu temples all accross.

But when we take devastanams like TTD and other big ones, they say a different story.Every one gets a free laddu for making a visit( which is small in size and is really a prasadam :D ), but if one has to take home, they have to buy each costing Rs 10( this was 10 years back prices when I have been there )

I am from hyderabad, almost all hindu temples have both free prasadam and paid prasadam( for developmental purposes )

From facts - None of the peoples' lived changed in those draught stricken areas where they accepted Christianism. They are still committing suicide.
The fact is you used their situation to get them under your umbrella. Its a wrong thing.

IF, after getting converted & getting paid for converting, they are not allowed to convert back to their original religion by these missionaries, then these conversions are surely a crime. Otherwise, call it a bribe or whatever, atleast that increases their chances of survival. A human life is any day more important than a religion. My personal opinion.

And luring poor people by false promises of a better life, if this is a crime, then my friend, how do you think corrupt politicians are winning in elections? Most of us are converts, political converts that is.

Then why do you go to dargahs & masjids? why go for Haj?

Dash ist not bribing its bargaining by both sides willingly so according to secularism shouldnt it be personal freedom to people to convert as many times as they want be it for money or otherwise?

I dont think it is willingly conversion..how can a fooled person be in all his senses to accept other religion??...If these missionaries care so much about poor people then they should do things without hospitals...but they are in some kind of race to convert whole world to christianity...In India as we are tolerant we act calmly but other people like budhists in south korea do not take is as calmly as we do..

Still better than Talibans or Muslim Rule where non Muslims have to pay Jaziya.

Good job. Any religion worth its salt won't need missionaries.

If poor people get money, medicine or anything else that increase their chances of living, and in turn change their religion, whats wrong in that? Those opposing these conversions, why dont they provide the necessities to the poor so that they can live & remain Hindu/muslim or whatever they are?

Its not wrong as long as own a$$ is on fire... If this is true why Muslims are cristians are fighting in Africa??? Forceful, Lured and conversion by unethical means are prohibited by Indian govt...

Indian constitution gives freedom of religion at the same time it has some law to see that the law is not misused by missionaries... These kinds of conversion create rift in society, it create hatred which turn violent... Its observed that the missionary support naxalited in Poor state to run their conversion. Conversion by will is welcome, conversion by crook method is punishable...

And more important you see how good Indians are, these Americans were just told to leave the country, they were not harmed by RSS or Muslim org or Indian Police.. they were not harassed at all.. One must give credit to us...

IF, after getting converted & getting paid for converting, they are not allowed to convert back to their original religion by these missionaries, then these conversions are surely a crime. Otherwise, call it a bribe or whatever, atleast that increases their chances of survival. A human life is any day more important than a religion. My personal opinion.

And luring poor people by false promises of a better life, if this is a crime, then my friend, how do you think corrupt politicians are winning in elections? Most of us are converts, political converts that is.

wow that is brilliant..but people are protesting against that corruption isn't it?? so why can't hindu's protest against such bribed conversions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom