What's new

India approves $650m Boeing army chopper deal

Arab countries pay more due to paying for most of maintrnce fee. India pay more due to offset clause
Sorry to say their is a clause in every US weapon and dear forget Arabs UAE bought areound 30 Apaches in 780 million dollars

Tell us who is rightful to own attack helicopter,I think all atyack helicopters should be with army.
The IA has first decision power in ground tactical picture and so it should have both operating & ownership of the assets working in that theater.

Not really just the current Govt is cutting out some of the red tape and acting more decisively in some ways, those used to the previous govt's sloth like pace may see this as a "buying spree" but in reality it is simply the system working for once. Another 10 years of this govt in office should address all of the so-called "gaps" and streamline the entire procurement system.

That said, there is no "arms race" both India and China have bigger issues to deal with and both spend under 2% of GDP on defence- which is how it should be. The Uplift of 100s of millions of people is more important.

As an aside, India buying Apaches does actually help its domestic industry, from 2018 all Apache fuselages will be made in India:

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16..._Fuselage_Manufacturing_To_India#.WZbWBIpJnGE

Thanks for the explanation. I hope India's private sectors will do wonders for India's domestic military industries, and eventually address India's chronicle problem of dependence on foreign weaponry. So far, there are not too many things to write home about under the banner of "Make In India".

IMO, "State Owned" is not the problem, the mentality is.

Why Commie Bots are so butt hurt? Especially for just 50 Cents. I don't understand the logic behind this.
Either Mao was a ladyboy or the 50 Cent Army is butthurt for no reason.
You idiot, I'm not a member of CPC. Now I give you one dollar, peace.

Back
Top Bottom