What's new

India and Russia to Jointly produce and export Multirole Transport Aircrafts(MTA)

coolmesh84

New Recruit

Reaction score
With the Cabinet Committee on Security giving its approval on Wednesday, the stage is also set for the procurement of additional fighters as well, said highly placed sources. The CCS also considered a pact to jointly develop a multi-role transport aircraft (MTA). The two sides will also extend their military cooperation agreement up to 2020 which will emphasise the move away from a buyer-seller relationship.

Following the discovery of fake drugs in Indian consignments to Russia, the two sides will sign an agreement on ensuring the safety and quality of medical products. Besides giving a boost to pharmaceutical exports to Russia, standard setting could also enhance prospects of exporting to Central Asian countries which are also keen to import Indian medicines.

To once again make Russia an attractive destination for Indian students, the two sides are likely to come to an agreement on the recognition of Russian diplomas. While only 5,000 India students are in Russia, the corresponding figure for the U.S. and Australia is about one lakh each.

Apart from the umbrella nuclear agreement, much store is being put on the MTA project as it will give India an opportunity to enter the global export market. According to the project report, over 200 MTAs in various configurations will be made. Russia will buy 100, India 45 and about 60 will be exported to third countries. Although there is confusion over the identity of the Russian partner, sources expect the first plane to roll out six years after the project takes off.

Its good to see the Cabinet Committee on Security giving its approval so i hope to see some action packed news soon cause transport aircrafts are gonna be essential in a conventional war :cheers:

Its good to see the Cabinet Committee on Security giving its approval so i hope to see some action packed news soon cause transport aircrafts are gonna be essential in a conventional war :cheers:

Lets make more and turn them into Gun ships.:devil:

India is in a buying spree of tactical and multirole transport crafts I think mainly to aid in operationalization of 'cold start doctrine'. Some experts think that movement of artillery force from central india towards border took almost 3 weeks during parliament attacks and saved major loss to pakistan.

these transport aircrafts would surely help in that aspect.

India is in a buying spree of tactical and multirole transport crafts I think mainly to aid in operationalization of 'cold start doctrine'. Some experts think that movement of artillery force from central india towards border took almost 3 weeks during parliament attacks and saved major loss to pakistan.

these transport aircrafts would surely help in that aspect.

And don't forget that our infra on the border with China is no where near what Chinese have built on their side, so these planes would help in mobilizing troops and artillery to border is quick time!! Though I hope we wont fight.. Chinese and Indians need to go a long way and war would only drag us back by a few years.

We don't like each other doesn't mean we hate each other eh?

Peace \/ :cheers:

782954ce41f05013a960646b6cf00d88.jpg

:cheers:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom