What's new

India and NSG-News, Updates and Discussions.

Start a thread on India's present geo-political options.

Problem India faces is not in terms of volume of options or even quality. Problem is of execution and timing. We can go with Russia and China or with US, Japan and Australia but either way we have to go in for the kill.

As I said one you set an objective for yourself as NSG was the objective in this case, you pull in all stops - there are no half measures. Problem was NPT - so sign it and then weasel out like China did.

Other thing which comes to mind is the Marine Case. I was banned so couldn't comment but what a Mess!. If India wanted MTCR so much then why the Drama of arbitration and long court cases? Either you want justice for your fishermen in that case those Marines live and die in India or you want MTCR in which case they should have been let go two years back MTCR would have been pocked without the constant humiliation of rejection.

Sometimes I wonder if Don Quixote is running our FP

It's a bum deal for China. Allowing China to build nuclear plants mainly benefit India. They experience daily blackout. Building industrial parks mainly benefit India.

Whether or not it benefits India isn't really relevant for us. That's their own concern.

In geopolitics we have to serve our own national interests first.

The question is how much it will benefit China? We are aiming to sell nuclear reactors on a global scale, some countries like Britain and Pakistan and Argentina have already ordered them.

Then after that we will be selling passenger aircraft to the rest of the world, starting with the C919. Good times ahead. :enjoy:

We Indian's still suffer from the British wounds which left us with an herculean chip on the shoulders. Instead of building on our successes and letting others approach us, we look towards getting entry into "clubs" which offer no concrete benefits except for a ego boost.

Modi made a mistake here, gave in too much for too little and that is still not a crime. Crime was that he "Lost". In such high stakes game, you play to win or you sit one out. World is just too cruel to failures.

It also dealt a big blow to Indian credibility. How can India promise favors at international geo-politics to other minnow nations when it cannot even pull it's own weight.

"It is better to be quiet and let other's think you are a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
It was not a mistake to go for the NSG membership.... If not now tell me when it is? Look around all member execpt one....
How is this a credibility issue for us? its actually credibility boost for us ( even though with the help of US).
Just dont see too much on to this NSG session, some lesson learnt which is better then just sitting aside .
Moreover India doesnt need to promise favours to any other minnows ( not our job- at least till we are at that level) . We need to look after ourself which is exactly we did.

This will show the world India is more untrustworthy than previously known. @Chinese-Dragon

The other points you made are valid, but do you not think China know what India is up to? In my humble opinion, the era of countries moving medium to high tech manufacturing to another country is over.

There is nothing wrong in being perceived as untrustworthy. All the great powers are liars and hypocrites. China is openly flouting all international and regulations and so does US but does anyone care? and even if they do - what can they do about it?

Its a bit strange that Indian media is targeting only China giving expression that only China is against Indian NSG membership...!

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ndia-nsg-bid-meet-seoul-live-updates-2871865/
Brazil, Austria, New Zealand, Ireland and Turkey have opposed India's NSG bid citing its non-NPT status.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rt-to-Indias-NSG-bid/articleshow/52897139.cms
Switzerland takes U-turn on its support to India's NSG bid
Strange pakistanis quoting indian news papers :-):-):-):-) . Bhai kuch bi kaho present government is a warrior:toast_sign:

Other thing which comes to mind is the Marine Case. I was banned so couldn't comment but what a Mess!. If India wanted MTCR so much then why the Drama of arbitration and long court cases? Either you want justice for your fishermen in that case those Marines live and die in India or you want MTCR in which case they should have been let go two years back MTCR would have been pocked without the constant humiliation of rejection.
What makes u think the case with Italians is done with? Maybe the Marine case is done. I think MTCR for couple of Marines is good deal if it worked out that way.

It was not a mistake to go for the NSG membership.... If not now tell me when it is? Look around all member execpt one....
How is this a credibility issue for us? its actually credibility boost for us ( even though with the help of US).
Just dont see too much on to this NSG session, some lesson learnt which is better then just sitting aside .
Moreover India doesnt need to promise favours to any other minnows ( not our job- at least till we are at that level) . We need to look after ourself which is exactly we did.

If we don't promise favors to minnows then why will they back us? And this is why the irish, the kiwis, the nordic and the turks stymied us.

There is nothing wrong in being perceived as untrustworthy. All the great powers are liars and hypocrites. China is openly flouting all international and regulations and so does US but does anyone care? and even if they do - what can they do about it?
yes true .

Strange pakistanis quoting indian news papers :-):-):-):-) . Bhai kuch bi kaho present government is a warrior:toast_sign:
Lol You Indians will never be happy...I gave Indian sources because your kind don't trust Pakistani or other sources...So it's taste of your own medicine...!

What makes u think the case with Italians is done with? Maybe the Marine case is done. I think MTCR for couple of Marines is good deal if it worked out that way.

If you think so then why not let them go two years ago instead of getting rejected during those years then giving in. It seems like loosing. Lol! Even the Italians bought us to our knees

If we don't promise favors to minnows then why will they back us? And this is why the irish, the kiwis, the nordic and the turks stymied us.
Do you think these nations stand a chance if we had support of China?

China had to fight tooth and nail to deny us. Like Robert plant screams ... How many more times?

By the way if you want to hit China hard, the One vagina policy has to be flushed.

Lol You Indians will never be happy...I gave Indian sources because your kind don't trust Pakistani or other sources...So it's taste of your own medicine...!
We trust all sources Bhaijaan .... relax:-)

There is no great pride in knowing that no one wants to stand with you and that no one believes in you. China ain't gonna become great on her own.

Modi got 40+ countries to support him, you got ZERO.
Congrats!
Victory to win all Amerio's little buddies!
Next time more time on selfies probably will make China moved.

So the plot goes like this Miyan sb to Xi don't let india in----Xi no problem amigo----Xi to putin don't support India------Putin what about ma indian checks of lacs n crores ----Xi ok then I cancel all Su35 and other goodies----Putin oh come on Xi give me a break -----ok I got a plan you veto India I'll pat em wink wink :D they are not getting in anyway :lol:
All powers don't want give it a free seat, sadly China has to be the bad guy.
Anyway, they are all content now.
lol

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom