What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Games Village 'fantastic': Players to Prince Charles

NEW DELHI: "Fantastic" and "really good" -- this is how most of the athletes described their stay at the Commonwealth Games Village to Prince Charles and his wife Camilla Parker Bowles when the royal couple visited the sprawling complex on Sunday.

"We told him that the facilities here are really fantastic and that we are enjoying our stay to the fullest," said wrestler Zoe Smith of Britain.

Britain was among few countries which were severely critical of the condition at the Games Village, dubbed earlier as "******" and "unlivable".

Wheel-chair bound Taniel Davis of Welsh, who will participate in the seated shotput competition, during his brief interaction with the royal couple, also shared his "warm" experience.

"He asked about many things including about the facilities. We told him that the facilities here are really good. I am enjoying every moment of my stay here," he said.

Davis's team-mate Anthony Huges echoed similar view and said the media had portrayed a very different picture of the Village. "We told Charles that the village is really fabulous."

Trinidad and Tobago's Ayana Alexandra, who will participate in the women triple jump event, said the facilities at the village are best among the international events she has participated so far.

"All the facilities are really fabulous. We told the Prince that we like the Village," she said.

The Village also received a rave review from team official of Trinidad and Tobago Edwin Skinner, who has experience of participating in many other previous Games. He said he told Prince that the "facilities are absolutely fantastic."

The Village is spread in an area of 63.5 hectares and has all basic facilities like postal services, bank, ATMs, discotheque, bar, cafeterias, handicraft shops, gym and shops selling wooden sculptures among others.

Currently over 6,000 athletes from 71 countries are staying in the Village.

For the first time in the history of the Commonwealth Games, a training area for the athletes has been set up within the Village premises. Athletes are able to train in four sports -- athletics, aquatics, weightlifting, para sport and wrestling.

Read more: Games Village 'fantastic': Players to Prince Charles - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Games-Village-fantastic-Players-to-Prince-Charles/articleshow/6677536.cms#ixzz11IWmHkb5

cheers to Organizing committee and Suresh KALMADI

:cheers::cheers:

Games Village 'fantastic': Players to Prince Charles - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: "Fantastic" and "really good" -- this is how most of the athletes described their stay at the Commonwealth Games Village to Prince Charles and his wife Camilla Parker Bowles when the royal couple visited the sprawling complex on Sunday.

"We told him that the facilities here are really fantastic and that we are enjoying our stay to the fullest," said wrestler Zoe Smith of Britain.

Britain was among few countries which were severely critical of the condition at the Games Village, dubbed earlier as "******" and "unlivable".

Wheel-chair bound Taniel Davis of Welsh, who will participate in the seated shotput competition, during his brief interaction with the royal couple, also shared his "warm" experience.

"He asked about many things including about the facilities. We told him that the facilities here are really good. I am enjoying every moment of my stay here," he said.

Davis's team-mate Anthony Huges echoed similar view and said the media had portrayed a very different picture of the Village. "We told Charles that the village is really fabulous."

Trinidad and Tobago's Ayana Alexandra, who will participate in the women triple jump event, said the facilities at the village are best among the international events she has participated so far.

"All the facilities are really fabulous. We told the Prince that we like the Village," she said.

The Village also received a rave review from team official of Trinidad and Tobago Edwin Skinner, who has experience of participating in many other previous Games. He said he told Prince that the "facilities are absolutely fantastic."

The Village is spread in an area of 63.5 hectares and has all basic facilities like postal services, bank, ATMs, discotheque, bar, cafeterias, handicraft shops, gym and shops selling wooden sculptures among others.

Currently over 6,000 athletes from 71 countries are staying in the Village.

For the first time in the history of the Commonwealth Games, a training area for the athletes has been set up within the Village premises. Athletes are able to train in four sports -- athletics, aquatics, weightlifting, para sport and wrestling.

I'm so excited...opening ceremony in one hour? I think from now on, this Rashtramandal Khel will be great

I'm so excited...opening ceremony in one hour? I think from now on, this Rashtramandal Khel will be great

ya frnd hold your breadth..... tommorow is my exam and I am still planning to view whole of the opening ceremony:cheers:

Watching the Openning Ceremony now.

Might interest people to know
Pakistan Contingent got welcomed with a big cheer.(Not silence as you would have predicted)
Farud Khan was not Carrying the flag , it was some weightlifter.

Sri Lanka coming out now , Also big cheer.

Pakistan going to come with their flag... in the opening ceremony....:cheers:

Its negeria now.... pakistan will be next ... they are going in alphabetic order :cheers:

Its negeria now.... pakistan will be next ... they are going in alphabetic order :cheers:

You must not be watching the live feed.

Right now all the athletes have already come out and Suresh Khalmadi is in the middle of the speech.

Watching RIGHT NOW... just fabulous.... Specially liked the crowd cheering loudly when Pakistani and Sri lankan team entered. :yahoo:

Kalmadi speeching..... is that horns in his head :devil:

cwg-abhinav_262655f.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

cwg-2_262653a.jpg

India's brightest medal hopes

04THAAN_SAINA_262601g.jpg

Saina Nehwal - Badminton Khel Ratna winner, currently ranked third in the world Photo: PTI

04THAAN_VIJENDER_262584g.jpg

Vijender Singh - Boxing Bronze medal winner at the 2008 Beijing Olympics Photo: PTI

04THAAN_SUSHIL_262585g.jpg

Sushil Kumar - Wrestling Bronze at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and gold at the 2010 World Wrestling Championships Photo: PTI

04THAAN_SQAUSH_262586g.jpg

Sourav Ghoshal and Joshna Chinappa - Squash doubles Both players are currently the top ranked players in India in singles Photo: R. Ragu

04THAAN_SOMDEV_262587g.jpg

Somdev Devvarman - Tennis India's leading tennis player, a career high singles ranking of 98

04THAAN_SHARATHKAMA_262588g.jpg

Achanta Sharath Kamal - Table tennis Arjuna Award recepient, first Indian to win a singles title on the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) pro tour​

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

04THAAN_SANIA_262589g.jpg

Sania Mirza - Tennis Highest ranked women's singles player in the history of Indian tennis Photo: AP​
:smitten::smitten::smitten:

Back
Top Bottom