What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Check how some nations are using the CWG to speak nonsense!

Check PM’s car too, says England
Utpal Borpujari, New Delhi, Sep 26, DH News Service:

No one argues that there are security concerns surrounding the Commonwealth Games, considering the past incidents of terror attacks in the capital, but the English contingent has taken the security paranoia to a new, almost bizarre level.

On Saturday, it demanded that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s car be checked while entering any Games venue, a demand that was flatly rejected by India.

England thinks that it's still British Empire Games ..

Confucian? can I fxxk it for $5?

btw. I was born in the mainland, grew up in the mainland...

hehe my guess was right on. :cool:

I have nothing against mainlanders, my dad is from Shanghai.
It's just this arrogant attitude that some mainlanders have that I despise (i call it "吃飽三天飯就屌了")

England thinks that it's still British Empire Games ..

so do i...because I believe that's what it is in spirit essentially.
Britain is still, by far, the wealthiest, strongest country in the CW

india should pull out of commonwealth , we are no more a british colony..

so do i...because I believe that's what it is in spirit essentially.
Britain is still, by far, the wealthiest, strongest country in the CW

CW is still not a group of countires ....but colonies ..

The four Home Nations of the United Kingdom – England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – send separate teams to the Commonwealth Games, and individual teams are also sent from the British Crown dependencies of Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man (unlike at the Olympic Games, where the combined "Great Britain" team represents all four home nations and the Crown dependencies)

Many of the past British overseas territories also send their own teams. The Australian external territory of Norfolk Island also sends its own team, as do the Cook Islands and Niue, two states in free association with New Zealand. It has been reported that Tokelau, another dependency of New Zealand will be sending a team to the 2010 Games in New Delhi,

India should NEVER have taken on the CWG. I don't understand why India acts like it has "arrived" & is some kind of superpower....it's a joke, India is a huge circus. There is NO WAY to justify spending billions on games (most of this money has probably gone in corrupt a$$hole$ back pockets), when you have extreme poverty on the scale that exists in India. The money should be spent of helping the poor, instead all the poor r getting thrown out of the city, sweep the problem under the carpet for 2 weeks - SHAME ON INDIA.

Can't even provide safety boots, hard hats, freaking hell, not even gloves for the poor workers earning a lousy 70 rupees. Not to mention can't even provide shelter, poor workers r living under plastic sheets.

Indian government is not even in control of 40% of their own territory (simply because Indians allow their politicians to use caste, religion & poverty as a tool to get votes). I can't take India seriously until it can at least control all of it's territory & takes drastic measures to reduce corruption, get rid of this vote bank politics & improve the lives of hundreds of millions of their own citizens.

Here is an idea to sort out at least one major problem facing India. IF only 1 million Indians out of the over half a billion who don't have access to a toilet march to Delhi & take a dump at the footsteps of power while a foreign PM or President visits with the world's media watching, that would embarrass the GoI to act & provide a basic facility for their citizens.

well personall i want india to get suceed in this commonwealth games but after seen indian hatread with pakistan i darely want india get failled in this games and no commonwealth games will put cricket world cup in big question mark on it

This CWG fiasco is just one of the example why we in China dont think much or talk much about india.

everyone had seen indian power what they have done in sports city of common welath games have become laughter for whole of world as a arch rival im not saying it im behind india and supporting india to get succed but seeing indian mind set and making fun of pakistan will make us too do to same with you but we are responsible nation we will be with you in your bad times

Commonwealth Games been the last chapter of the british empire...it has been 60 years british empire had fallen apart , let the last legacy of it also fallen ..

Agreed...can we exchange your leaders for our political and other freedoms for 2-3 years as a bilateral deal ! It will be a win-win. We need strong leadership and you guys need to breathe..some freedoms & chaos.

no thanks :argh:

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power

I believe it not power that is required. I think its management that is required to be shown by India.

well personall i want india to get suceed in this commonwealth games but after seen indian hatread with pakistan i darely want india get failled in this games and no commonwealth games will put cricket world cup in big question mark on it

what is the relation between cricket and CWG???? For CWG ~10000 officials and athletes are coming while Cricket WC is much mich smaller and we are holding cricket matches regularly above all the IPL.

hehe my guess was right on. :cool:

I have nothing against mainlanders, my dad is from Shanghai.
It's just this arrogant attitude that some mainlanders have that I despise (i call it "吃飽三天飯就屌了")

arrogant? 吃饱三天饭就屌?

I grew up in Hua Shan Rd, and Jing'an is the place where I call home.
My family used to oversee the education of our nation, when japs invaded us, some of family members led the region to fight back and eventually had their names positively written in the book of histroy.

划胖侬幸错特宁了。

:no:

Back
Top Bottom