What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CWG are just another opportunity for Dilli billis make huge money through scandals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I call myself gujarati lol in UK all the english know about us

This is why we need Modi for PM he is the man for the hour

Aaap kahin Amit shah to nahin;)...

I feel proud when delhi will host CW games. I dont know anything about it, i just want govt to make it good, else i will not vote for them:angry:

People in Delhi, can someone update me on the status of things ? how is it looking ?

These games have become a flop all the top athletes have pulled out its become a 3rd class sporting event even the Queen will not attend and the games is the CWG its just a big joke now.

People in Delhi, can someone update me on the status of things ? how is it looking ?
Some work or touch up is left it will be done.

Airport = Ready truly world class.

Metro = Ready truly world class.

Low Floor buses = Ready truly world class.

26 New flyovers = Ready truly world class.

18 new railway bridges = ready.

New Railway station, Anand Vihar railways station = Ready truly world class.

Delhi Police = Ready with new weapons, vehicles, training, police stations, tens of thousands new police personals.

Air Force + Army = Ready for any challenge from Air or Land. :yahoo:

Intelligence Agencies = Ready for any challenge.

25000 private detectives = Hired from all over India for the games to help the police. :yahoo:

Nuclear-Chemical-Biological emergency squads = Ready. :yahoo:

Hospitals with extra beds + Ambulances = ready.

Power supply = Ready with 24hrs uninterested supply from different sources + back up.

1000 kilometers of new layer of road laid down = Ready.

1000 kms of beautification and street-scraping = Ready.

50,000 trees = Planted.

40,000 volunteers = ready to help tourists.

Stadiums = Ready truly world class.

Games village = = Ready truly world class. It is the best games village as per CWG chief Mike Hooper.

20,000 hotel rooms for guests = Ready

Everything is ready..........come and enjoy the hospitality of Delhiites and feel the power of new India. :cheers:

Delhi Police = Ready with new weapons, vehicles, training, police stations, tens of thousands new police personals.

25000 private detectives = Hired from all over India for the games to help the police. :yahoo:

Power supply = Ready with 24hrs uninterested supply from different sources + back up.

50,000 trees = Planted.

Games village = = Ready truly world class. It is the best games village as per CWG chief Mike Hooper.

Everything is ready..........come and enjoy the hospitality of Delhiites and feel the power of new India. :cheers:

Delhi Commonwealth Games Needs Usain Bolt And Many Others

3rd rate games this has become people can bury their heads in the sand it does not change this fact.

Pathetic to see how corrupt we Indians are. Look what a grand success Chinese made out of Olympics and we cannot even handle one even like Commonwealth Games.

For this pathetic mismanagement Delhi's ruling party should lose forthcoming elections in shaming all of us Indians in front of the world.

50,000 trees = Planted.

50,000 trees = Planted.

Dude, while I admire your optimism, let's face the facts that we've f**ked things up big time. The overall preparation is nowhere close to what it should be. And we deserve to be looked down upon for having let complete a$$holes like Suresh Kalmadi manage affairs. This is the guy who let the Indian WINTER OLYMPICS TEAM go to those games without uniforms!!! We didn't sack him then & there, that means we deserve to get kicked. I know the stories about how he's trying to make money out of F1.

I don't think there is going to be any problem with CWG and now the Delhi govt has decided to provide 2 times more bonus to those who finish the repair of roads,the work in Delhi is going very good,i live in new delhi myself, so i know it!
We should now look forward to the Indian Grand Prix in 2011!,truly the new India is coming!

Nov 17: India’s JP Associates signs a 10-year contract striking a deal of Rs 1500 crore with Formula One bosses

It’s finally official that the Formula one Grand Prix in 2010 will be staged in the Greater Noida of the Delhi’s National capital region, as the finalised venue got past its closest rival Sohna village of Haryana.

* E-mail Article
* Printer Friendly
* Text-Size

The track has been finalised after architect Hermann Tilke visited the proposed sites and submitted a report to Ecclestone.

According to the Formula1 official website, Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone had signed the accord with JPSK Sports Private Ltd., a unit of Jaiprakash Associates, and struck a Rs 1500 crore deal to construct the race track in Greater Noida.

Chairman of JP Associates Manoj Gaur confirmed that F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone had signed a 10-year contract with the company to build the track in Greater Noida and express confidence that formula one would grow in the coming years.

" India is growing at the rate of 10 percent. Accordingly, leisure and sports interests are bound to grow. We are very excited and fortunate that we would cater to the interest through this unique opportunity," Gaur said.

The capital-based Jaiprakash Associates gets 45 percent of its annual revenue of 37.9 billion rupees ($963.9 million) from building dams, 53 percent from selling cement and the rest from its four hotels, a golf course and the construction of homes.

The agreement, which will track more than four years of negotiations with various organisations, “will spark an explosion of further interest'' in the motor-racing series in India, Ecclestone told Formula1.com, which said the Grand Prix will be in the New Delhi region.

Ecclestone, 77, is seeking to boost the popularity of Formula One in Asia and increase annual sales of about $1 billion. He added races in Bahrain and China three years ago and another in Singapore will join the calendar next season.

Narain Karthikeyan became the first Indian driver in the formula one in 2005 creating a mass attraction for the sport in the country, when he joined Jordan, and the latest in the news is rookie driver Karun Chandhok,who also made his debut at F1 test for Red Bull Racing.

A new team, Force India, was formed last month after billionaire Vijay Mallya bought the Spyker team for $109 million and it will compete next year.

2011 Grand prix is almost fixed in India(Delhi or Noida) cant wait!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Amit shah

Shame on U @amit shah ! at callin ur self an INDIAN !
Dis iz wat we lack motivating our selves !! Gone to another country and lost the feelin of our Mother Land!
Wateva we are ,whereva we go We will Remain INDIANS !
U call it a 3rd class game huh ? fr Ur info not onli fr de games but fr de entire city and de country it iz a boost !

Back
Top Bottom