What's new

India Airforce in 2020,

PAK FA or the indian version FGFA will not arrive until 2022 earliest or even later

I think some PAK FAs may come in before 2022. FGFAs might come in later. It's been a common approach with IAF, bring in what is available stop gap, bring in upgraded/ customized versions later. (BTW I thought the final nos. for the indigenous AWAC systems was 11+)

Everybody PAK and Chinese friends talking 28 years. but, I want see future of INDIAN Airforce.
After 2020 and we should have............
We know that it will much better than PAK but china will strongest and powerful airforce in South Asia.
Welcome to the forum.When started out i too did lots of projection threads.Eventually u'll get bored with them.

Inconsequential thread. Has been rehashed, digested and puked out a gadzillion times or more as AUSTERLITZ pointed out.

Under Testing :- 1. Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft

AMCA and the DRDO Awacs are concepts. Design/mission parameters haven't been finalized yet. You obviously can't test airframes if it they are yet to leave the drawing board.

Cheers

Last edited:
I think some PAK FAs may come in before 2022. FGFAs might come in later. It's been a common approach with IAF, bring in what is available stop gap, bring in upgraded/ customized versions later. (BTW I thought the final nos. for the indigenous AWAC systems was 11+)
IAF has a requirement for 24 AWECS

We know that it will much better than PAK but china will strongest and powerful airforce in South Asia

When did China become a South Asian country?

Chinese air force made of copied technologies and borrowed engines and operating against India from 7000 feet Tibet plateau has more disadvantages than their huge numbers. These numbers are made up to intimidate the adversary. Moreover a bulk of their inventory of 1200 planes are trainers. The latter are no threat.

Relax, China is no serious threat to anybody including India. Now with Japan deciding to amend its pacifist constitution, a much bigger threat to China has begin to emerge. Rise of Japan sends shiver thru the Chinese spine. It would have been better if Chinese had left Japan alone and raised no territorial ambitions against them. But over confident Chinese flush with excessive US merchandise cash wished to exert themselves. Now they have and awoke Japan.

Good for India; Chinese needed an enemy with better technological prowess, now they have found it.

Truly, It is the American in their excessive zeal to surround Soviet Union in eighties created China. Now US as onlooker would see rise of Japan and the whole Pacific equation would change.

Now US would have to rethink that wasting energies to beat up little guys in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Serbia, Panama and other Caribbean Islands make them great or confronting somebody of their own size makes them great.

Like Su-30 K being followed by Su-30 MK and then MKI.

Can't see fgfa for a decade.

India will be busy til 2018 with delivery of 80/90 su30mki..

Then between now and 2024 125.tejas.

And soon between 2017/2025 100+ rafale mmrca...

There is no time or money or people to work on. Pakfa or fgfa for another 10 years

When did China become a South Asian country?

Chinese air force made of copied technologies and borrowed engines and operating against India from 7000 feet Tibet plateau has more disadvantages than their huge numbers. These numbers are made up to intimidate the adversary. Moreover a bulk of their inventory of 1200 planes are trainers. The latter are no threat.

Relax, China is no serious threat to anybody including India. Now with Japan deciding to amend its pacifist constitution, a much bigger threat to China has begin to emerge. Rise of Japan sends shiver thru the Chinese spine. It would have been better if Chinese had left Japan alone and raised no territorial ambitions against them. But over confident Chinese flush with excessive US merchandise cash wished to exert themselves. Now they have and awoke Japan.

Good for India; Chinese needed an enemy with better technological prowess, now they have found it.

Truly, It is the American in their excessive zeal to surround Soviet Union in eighties created China. Now US as onlooker would see rise of Japan and the whole Pacific equation would change.

Now US would have to rethink that wasting energies to beat up little guys in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Serbia, Panama and other Caribbean Islands make them great or confronting somebody of their own size makes them great.

No one can awake Japan except US,Because US made Japan to sleep.
US never want Pearl Harbor be attacked again.
So.....

No one can awake Japan except US,Because US made Japan to sleep.
US never want Pearl Harbor be attacked again.
So.....

US has gone soft almost to the stage of sleep. Other than occasional propaganda news releases, US has too much commercial interest tied in China.

Hence Japan has wake itself up.

US has gone soft almost to the stage of sleep. Other than occasional propaganda news releases, US has too much commercial interest tied in China.

Hence Japan has wake itself up.

Don't forget 35688 United States Forces Japan.

Everybody PAK and Chinese friends talking 28 years. but, I want see future of INDIAN Airforce.
After 2020 and we should have............

We know that it will much better than PAK but china will strongest and powerful airforce in South Asia.

1. Sukhoi 30 MKI = 270 or me be more
2. HAL Tejas = 100 +
3 HAL Rafale = 50 +
4. MIrage 2000 (upgraded) = 49
5. Mikoyan MiG-29 UPG :- 50 +
6. SEPECAT Jaguar :- 100 +
7. Beriev A-50Phalcon :- 5
8. EMB-145 AEWCS :- 5 +
9 C-17 Globemaster :- 10 +
10. C-130J Super Hercules :- 12
11. BAE Hawk :- 100 +
12. Pilatus PC-7 :- 70 +
13. HAL Rudra :- 30 +
14. HAL Light Combat Helicopter :- 50 +
15. UAC/HAL Il-214 :- 2 +
16. NAL Saras :- 10 +
17 HAL HJT-36 Sitara :- 30 +
18. Sukhoi/HAL FGFA :- 1 or 2

Under Testing :-
1. Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft
2. DRDO AEW&CS.

Note :- Navy fighter aircarfts are not
included

IS any thing missing? It's a minimum list which we should achieve...
There should be 200+ PC-7 MK.2s, around 130 BAE HAWK MK.132s, 16-20 C-17s, 6-12 A330 MRTTs and 50+ RUDRAs, 9+ COMJAM/SIGNIT a/c, 30++ CH-47F, 50-60+ AH-64E, 100+ RSH/LUH, in service by 2020 with the IAF.

As on outside chance maybe even 20+ V-22s for SAR purposes. A long shot yes, but I've heard a few murmurings around this so let's see....

Back
Top Bottom