What's new

India admits PLA fortified Doklam after IA unilateral retreat

Read between the lines:

One odd thing that the world leaders must have noticed, that the Indian government is offering no comments on settled issue of Doklam standoff, other than what they said in a meek tone after the agreement involving both China & India:

On this basis, expeditious disengagement of border personnel at the face-off site at Doklam has been agreed to and is on-going.

Above has a clear cut meaning & message for those with discerning mind.
Word to the wise is enough.

I think if any country in the world takes China seriously, it is India. :P
It used to be true but after serious of comic warnings from Chinese MoFA, India and Indians have stopped taking China seriously. But that also does not mean we have closed eyes on the threat from our Himalayan borders. :) :)

I think if any country in the world takes China seriously, it is India. :P
I think you need to read the whole article to understand what it mean behind disputed lines.
Doklam standoff: Chinese troops build bunkers behind disputed area

Original title of the article.

LOL, this is just funny.

The Chinese soldiers have reportedly built bunkers on a ridge line behind the disputed region, triggering fears of a fresh military standoff between both countries, India Today reported.

'Disputed region'? Does it mean a ridge behind the 150meter buffer zone? Or out of Doklam plateau? If it was out of Doklam plateau on the so called recognized Chinese borders, then why would it trigger a new stand off? :china:

My bet is they are positioning on higher ground behind the current buffer line to reinforce their troops camping below. This is normal military maneuver and still in Doklam plateau. Looking at google maps, Doka La is at the end of Doklam plateau and 5km deep from the 'recognized border'.

It used to be true but after serious of comic warnings from Chinese MoFA, India and Indians have stopped taking China seriously. But that also does not mean we have closed eyes on the threat from our Himalayan borders. :) :)
LOL is that why your General Rawat was so badly rattled by PLA warning after he boasted about 2.5 front war that he immediately backtracked in the most humiliating fashion imaginable?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/ratt...al-rawat-walks-back-previous-boasting.516960/

:jester::haha:

I think you need to read the whole article to understand what it mean behind disputed lines.

'Disputed region'? Does it mean a ridge behind the 150meter buffer zone? Or out of Doklam plateau? If it was out of Doklam plateau on the so called recognized Chinese borders, then why would it trigger a new stand off? :china:

My bet is they are positioning on higher ground behind the current buffer line to reinforce their troops camping below. This is normal military maneuver and still in Doklam plateau. Looking at google maps, Doka La is at the end of Doklam plateau and 5km deep from the 'recognized border'.
Actually, PLA bunkers are only a few meters from the stand-off site. First India said the whole Doklam is Bhutan land (or at least disputed) but after retreat to numb humiliation Indian media now labels just the few meters of stand off site as "disputed." India would hardly know if the bunkers are built many kilometers away outside Doklam.

Yeah, right.

I have an equally credible blog that says the opposite.

Oh, wait, why don't you start a blog and compose your own news? It's so much simpler.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/doklam-pla-gen-snubs-hawks-baying-for-indias-blood.517803/

What “opposite" are you talking about? "Chinese withdrew from the dispute area and Indian Army continue to patrol the area" ?

China MFA has made it very clear from the beginning that India had withdrawn the trespassed personnel and equipment back to Indian side of border, and Chinese onsite personal had verified the withdrawal. Chinese troop would continue to patrol the area and excise its sovereign rights.

It is Indian MEA which purposely used the ambiguous term of "disengagement" that caused all the confusion and excitement among Indian media and Indians.

Qiao Liang's article has nothing to do with the ground reality on Doklam, which was and is under Chinese effective control.

What “opposite" are you talking about? "Chinese withdrew from the dispute area and Indian Army continue to patrol the area" ?

China MFA has made it very clear from the beginning that India had withdrawn the trespassed personnel and equipment back to Indian side of border, and Chinese onsite personal had verified the withdrawal. Chinese troop would continue to patrol the area and excise its sovereign rights.

It is Indian MEA which purposely used the ambiguous term of "disengagement" that caused all the confusion and excitement among Indian media and Indians.

Qiao Liang's article has nothing to do with the ground reality on Doklam, which was and is under Chinese effective control.

<sigh>

I was twitting the idiot who posted with quoting an unheard of publication. And none of your assertions are borne out by anyone but Chinese fanboys.

<sigh>

I was twitting the idiot who posted with quoting an unheard of publication. And none of your assertions are borne out by anyone but Chinese fanboys.

All I have said is based on public records that is for all to see. Indian government's unusual silence indicates it did not come out with a victory that it wanted Indians to believe it got, so leaving a room for individual interpretation and imagination seems to be a good idea to cover the arse.

There is no indication that Indian troop is still on "dispute area", and it is enough to substantiate Chinese MFA's claim.

Idiot Chinese and Indian writers stop that both side incent word both nation friendship and cultural friendly nation so we keep scilnce both we are politics. Both politicians leader fool that own people particularly indian politicians totally fraud only speech no action.

All I have said is based on public records that is for all to see. Indian government's unusual silence indicates it did not come out with a victory that it wanted Indians to believe it got, so leaving a room for individual interpretation and imagination seems to be a good idea to cover the arse.

There is no indication that Indian troop is still on "dispute area", and it is enough to substantiate Chinese MFA's claim.

This is perverted logic.

There is no indication that Indian troops are not in the disputed area, and that is enough to substantiate the Indian MEA's claim.

[In response to Han Warrior's subsequent note, Indian troops had an earlier position; so, too, did Chinese troops. Neither side was permanently camped or positioned in the intervening disputed territory. Indian troops came into the disputed area physically; an agreement was reached to stop the controversial activity by the Chinese side, and both sides withdrew to their positions.

This does not mean that the Indian troops have to physically occupy the disputed area, merely that from their permanent positions, they are free to patrol that area (on behalf of the Bhutanese) in order to keep the claim from lapsing, until a permanent resolution.

Not shifting their position and not taking up a permanent position on the disputed territory is not any indication of the failure to reach a conciliation, and does not in any way indicate a 'victory' for one side over the other. At best, it indicates that the controversial activity has been mutually agreed to be stopped.]

Going back further, the Indian Government's silence is not unusual; it is, in fact, recognised in international policy analysis circles as a deliberate policy of strategic restraint, and has been mentioned very often. Conclusions of the sort above, that India "...did not come out with a victory that it wanted Indians to believe it got, so leaving room for individual interpretation and imagination seems to be a good idea to cover the arse" are self-serving. The only arses being covered are of Chinese netizens who expected WWIII and a quick and definitive Chinese victory and a ceasefire dictated in New Delhi.

The public records are ambiguous precisely for that reason, so that neither side loses face. For India to grind it into the PRC that it had to back off would precisely fail for that reason, making the PRC lose face. That allows the PLA to make claims about being present on the location, obscuring the fact that the location is large and ill-defined, allowing for claims to be made without violating reality, which is what is happening. The only people falling prey to this are netizens and nobody else.

You have a point.

Last edited:
I can assure you the scenario went like this:

India: Bhai, we withdraw together and you stop the road OK.

China: Hmmm... Let's see how it goes

India: Okay, then we shall withdraw now and you follow.

China: You have to withdraw first and the rest we have to see how it goes. No negotiations before withdrawal.

India: No no no...I will withdraw, you will withdraw, I don't care. (typical irritating Indian tone and accent)

China: You withdraw first and let's see how it goes.

India quietly withdraws and waits for China to do the same. MEA keeps quiet. Chinese MOFA declares openly there is no withdrawal nor stoppage of road construction, India declares diplomatic victory.:rofl:

Lol. Sounds like typical Indian behaviour.

Good, India stopped taking China seriously in 1962 as well.

It seems to have cost them this time as well, since China is now in possession of Donglang, which India claimed to have been Bhutan's territory and protected by a mutual defence treaty. :P

Good, India stopped taking China seriously in 1962 as well.

It seems to have cost them this time as well, since China is now in possession of Donglang, which India claimed to have been Bhutan's territory and protected by a mutual defence treaty. :P

Never knew both sides going back 150 meters each is considered possession of territory by you guys :P

Where is MR 58 inch chest, time after time he gets slapped on his face

:pakistan::china:

This is perverted logic.

There is no indication that Indian troops are not in the disputed area, and that is enough to substantiate the Indian MEA's claim.

Going back further, the Indian Government's silence is not unusual; it is, in fact, recognised in international policy analysis circles as a deliberate policy of strategic restraint, and has been mentioned very often. Conclusions of the sort above, that India "...did not come out with a victory that it wanted Indians to believe it got, so leaving room for individual interpretation and imagination seems to be a good idea to cover the arse" are self-serving. The only arses being covered are of Chinese netizens who expected WWIII and a quick and definitive Chinese victory and a ceasefire dictated in New Delhi.

The public records are ambiguous precisely for that reason, so that neither side loses face. For India to grind it into the PRC that it had to back off would precisely fail for that reason, making the PRC lose face. That allows the PLA to make claims about being present on the location, obscuring the fact that the location is large and ill-defined, allowing for claims to be made without violating reality, which is what is happening. The only people falling prey to this are netizens and nobody else.

You have a point.
Joe,

Doka La is essentially located at the fringes of Doklam plateau, you don't need to cross the border to be on Doklam plateau. China already officially announce to the world about your withdrawal back to your side of the border on Doklam plateau.

http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/xwfw_665399/s2510_665401/2511_665403/t1487932.shtml

Q: Can you confirm that the Indian personnel have already left or they are in the process of leaving?

A: I am pleased to confirm that the Indian border personnel and equipment have all been withdrawn to the Indian side of the border.

There is no point arguing, India chickened out and is trying to paint herself as a hero in front of you gullible Indians through your 'impartial' media. Remember about the cover up of the withdrawal till 40 troops earlier?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom