What's new

India a new Rising power in sports?

Peaceful Civilian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Popular sports in India include cricket, field hockey, football, tennis, basketball, chess, volleyball, badminton and golf. Field hockey is the official national sport in India, and the country has won eight Olympic gold medals in field hockey, though cricket is the most popular sport.

International sports events held in India are
Asian Games, Field Hockey World Cup, Cricket World Cup, Afro-Asian Games, AFC Challenge Cup, Commonwealth Youth Games, Men's Hockey Champions Trophy, Formula One season a Grand prix.

It is known that The domination of Cricket in India has effected other sports which is considered main reason for Low participation that's why India is remarkable among nations for having won very few Olympic medals, despite a population exceeding one billion.
However India is gaining momentum as slow rising power in sports as India got second position in 2010 Common wealth games with 34 Gold medals.
Recent success of India premier league, India world hockey series are very serious steps for the domination of sports.
These leagues not only help in financial aspect, But Participation of world class players with national player allows new tricks and healthy international Mix for the national players.

India is largely a single-sport country, with cricket far outstripping all other sports in terms of the talent, sponsorships, spectator support, and media attention it receives.

Recent world hockey league in India is new step for the progress of national hockey.

Kabaddi is a popular sport in India, India has taken part in four Asian Games in kabaddi, and won gold in all of them.

Other popular sports of India are tya patya, bridge, carrom, cycle polo, fencing, gymnastics, judo, karate, Gatka, kho-kho, mallakhamb, roller skating, rowing, shooting ball, soft tennis, squash, swimming, taekwondo, ten-pin bowling, tennikoit.

India a new Rising power in sports?
One might say so.
But the current Sports Infrastructure in the country is pathetic....would be an understatement. Even Cricket isn't immune to this disease.

I think Talent are on both sides, specially Tennis star Rohan bopana and Aisam-Ul-Haq is one example. Football is very fragile on both countries even this is the most popular sports in the world. :confused:.
Is there any gold medal of India in Olympics other than field Hockey??

I think Talent are on both sides, specially Tennis star Rohan bopana and Aisam-Ul-Haq is one example. Football is very fragile on both countries even this is the most popular sports in the world. :confused:.
Talent is present everywhere.
But what's just as important as talent is the right grooming and training of the right sorts from a very young age.

Shooting.
We might get a some this Olympics too. The shooters routinely rank among the world's best.

India can,t become power in Sports. First They need to learn to host international Sports. They can,t get a Single gold medal in olympics. If They invest in Sports instead of to buy nuclear submarines then They have Chance to become Sports Power.

I would'nt be bosting about India being a super star in sports even India won the most gold medal in Olimpics. Bosting will always make us loose vision of what we become and success in any field does not stop there..

The state of sports in our country is pathetic we invest small amount of cash, compare the Australia medal tally with ours in Olympics.
The London Olympics are just around the corner, we should concentrate in shootting, wrestling and boxing each of the fields we had won medals previous time in Beijing

India can,t become power in Sports. First They need to learn to host international Sports. They can,t get a Single gold medal in olympics. If They invest in Sports instead of to buy nuclear submarines then They have Chance to become Sports Power.
a country which has never hosted any international sports for years is telling us how to host them and where did you read that we don't have any gold medal and your post shows how much fear of indian nuclear submarine yourl have

we have potential to win gold medals in shooting,boxing,archery...lets hope we get more than one this time..

a country which has never hosted any international sports for years is telling us how to host them and where did you read that we don't have any gold medal and your post shows how much fear of indian nuclear submarine yourl have
its wise to ignore such post rather than to reply with a general tone and invite other Pakistani members to mud sling.
Its just my suggestion, its up to you to chose, but chose wisely.

One gold in Beijing olympics and few bronze medals....nothing much to boast about:cry:
more than govt. spending I would like to see our youngsters taking interest and playing sports other than cricket , sadly that is not happening much.

@another Madrasah student(Haroon rafeeq ).. I am listening this first time in my life...:rofl:

Before Blaming on india first think about your country. we know we are very weak in sports but still we are much better the you and one more thing our defence spending is only 2 % of GDP. BTW Can you tell me what is your country defence spending.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom