What's new

India: A Failed State and Sham Secular Democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
India is a failed country and a sham democracy!!!
I lied, pardon me. I think we are better than Pakistan in every and any aspect....

ohhhhhhhh breaking news INDIA is failed state.lol yaar kuch sharam kero.india is whatever but not a so called failed .i am sorry to say india is not going to be failed even 200 years from now.and what if india failed pakistan will fail atomaticly.beleve me.

ohhhhhhhh breaking news INDIA is failed state.lol yaar kuch sharam kero.india is whatever but not a so called failed .i am sorry to say india is not going to be failed even 200 years from now.and what if india failed pakistan will fail atomaticly.beleve me.

wah wah.. par koi bhi fail kyoon ho.. ?? Koi zero sum game thodi na hai.. Both can prosper.. Kyun Imran Bhai??

yaar just one qes

we are making cars air craft tanks even nukes we have best breans of world still we are fail yes pakistan is in huge danger but india is in progrss who the hell india fail ? then china russia uk usa sab fail hai.

If india with 8% GDP is a failed state what term will they use for bankrupt pakistan ?

For bashers targeting Dalrymple, quit it. Just because you don't agree with the person's opinions on Indian infrastructure, it doesn't mean you start making personal attacks on him. Shoot the message, not the messenger.

In my opinion, there is an element of truth to his allegations about infrastructure such as roads, airports, etc. We have a long way to go when even compared to Pakistan.

As for Riaz's article, he conveniently takes Dalrymple's criticism on Indian infrastructure such as roads and airports and extends it to the Indian government system. I am not sure if he himself has heard the rest of the argument. For the reader's sake, let me summarise it here.

He first compares India and Pakistan and mentions that both countries are very similar and share similar problems which includes ongoing insurgencies. He describes how both countries have similar growth patterns and also mentions that the infrastructure in Pakistan is noticeable different to the infrastructure in India.

According to Dalrymple, Pakistan faces the following three problems.

a) Flawed democracy in Pakistan where a small number of elite have a disproportionately large say in the government. The land reforms which were introduced in the 50s in India allowed democracy to be controlled by the middle classes which allowed it to flourish. This is just happening in Pakistan. He busts a myth here about the popularity of religious parties in politics in Pakistan..

b) The relationship between the Pakistani army and the jihadies.

c) The desperate education crises wherein literacy is falling in Pakistan while it is increasing in places like India.

He does stress that Pakistan is no where close to being a failed state. It is however on the crossroads where it needs to take steps to tackle the problems mentioned above.

Riaz has just taken one criticism about infrastructure and run amok with it. The rest of Riaz's article is just a rehash of his old articles where he loves to compare Pakistan and India.

I generally don't like to talk about people and stick to my earlier mantra of attacking the message and not the messenger. However in this case, I simply don't understand this author. He has an impressive bio which you would generally lead you to believe he is an intellectual and a deep thinker. I would have generally loved to listen to someone with his credentials. However all his articles are basically a pissing contest. I just wish this author moves away from writing such kind of negative articles which do not help anyone apart people who thrive on such kind of stupid comparisons.

Last edited:
i totally agree with Imran bhai...Pakistan is not a failed state yet so to classify as such is wrong.There is a lot of scope of improvement,True but to say India is also failed because Pakistan is lagging is a sham

@IMRAN BHAI

its people like u who make me think should i write something against pakistan

Thanks Mr thread starter for bringing People of India and Pakistan more close on this forum.

According to 2009 List of countries by GDP (nominal) by the CIA World Factbook

Rank Country GDP(millions of USD)
12 India 1,243,000
13 Australia 920,000
39 Israel 215,700
43 Pakistan 166,500

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to CIA World Factbook List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita in 2009

Rank Country International Dollar
134 India 3,100
139 Pakistan 2,600

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to United Nations Development Programme Report 2009 Literacy rate is-

Rank Country Literacy rate
147 India 61.0
160 Pakistan 49.9

List of countries by literacy rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to CIA World fact book infant mortality rate (2009)
Rank Country Infant mortality rate
(deaths/1,000 live births)
152 India 30.15
- World 42.09
193 Pakistan 65.14

List of countries by infant mortality rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the list goes on.....

What will u say now?????
:victory: :yahoo:

make politicians life miserable through accessive use of media and public platform. Things will start changing.

please stop singing the song , i am better i am better, and work on the areas, where we lack the most...

Can some Pakistani members here also request Mods, to bann threads, which are intended toward defaming and maligning other country?

I see everyday some or the other thread, Indians are no innocent to add. Just bann such threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom