What's new

INDIA 1,000 km strike range sub-sonic cruise missile 'Nirbhay' successfully test-fired

military test used to win elections, only in India.

Modi will destroy Indian institutes just like Nawaz sharif destroyed Pakistan.

An average literate guy do not jack about missiles in India and even when you talk about cruise missiles. Ironically Indian military isnt a political subject for the electorate. Do you think people know if a missile tests means votes? We arent Pakistan.

Only idiots like you post nonsenses like this in a defence post or topic. Give a rest.

Nirbhay is indigenous missile. Read history, they are working on this project from 10 years, even launching vehicle is also developed by tata,1st missile was tested in 2012, but after unsuccessful attempts they achieved successful results.
U.S.A is not ally of India, it just looks it's own interest. U.S.A , Israel has nothing to do with with Nirbhay cruise missile.
India is known to receive technical input from Russia and Israel for its defense-related applications. No shame in admitting this.

India is known to receive technical input from Russia and Israel for its defense-related applications. No shame in admitting this.

Who Has not?US/Russia copied German jet and missile technology obtained/looted after 2WW. China has copied Russia in weaponry, Isreal got initial support/ToT from US...etc etc.

But for Germany in early 20th century..everyone has copied,borrowed, obtained (ToT) from one or the other country.....

Technical collaborations are an everyday affair between India-Israel-Russia. We'd have probably let them evaluate the product for any issues or more, but that's just it. Nothings there on the public domain yet so lets not waste our time on it, shall we?

Who Has not?US/Russia copied German jet and missile technology obtained/looted after 2WW. China has copied Russia in weaponry, Isreal got initial support/ToT from US...etc etc.

But for Germany in early 20th century..everyone has copied,borrowed, obtained (ToT) from one or the other country.....
The whole 'US/USSR copied German stuff' mantra is misleading/overblown. Americans have invented lot of stuff over the course of years because they established a solid R&D base early on.

Indian advancements in the matters of defense can be credited to Russia and Israel to large extent.

Pakistani advancements in the matters of defense can be credited to USA and China to large extent.

Israeli advancements in the matters of defense can be credited to USA to large extent but Israel have a solid R&D base of its own.

Happy?

Technical collaborations are an everyday affair between India-Israel-Russia. We'd have probably let them evaluate the product for any issues or more, but that's just it. Nothings there on the public domain yet so lets not waste our time on it, shall we?
I wasn't talking to you actually - I addressed a misconception in the post of another member. My point is that India is not re-inventing the wheel in these matters.

Nirbhay was a failure before the "technical collaboration"

Hi @LeGenD
You do realize that the only Russian system this weapon incorporates as of now is the power plant i.e the micro turbofan. However that too will be replaced by Manik once it passes all the user trials. In fact the range of Nirbhay with Manik is going to be 1500-1600kms with mission lasting close to 2hrs- In recent high altitude tests, Manik was run for 2hrs straight! What you also fail to acknowledge is that the nature of 'technical inputs' that India generally receives from either Russia or the Israel is very different from lets say what Pakistan receives from China. I am merely drawing an analogy. In India's case, most of these inputs comes in the form of 'consultancies' on indigenous products.
India has a much mature industrial ecosystem and research culture vis-a-vis Pakistan. Of course it pales in comparison to lets say similar ecosystem and research culture of west, but still it is suffice to say it is couple of decades ahead of Pakistan. India has been working on Nirbhay since perhaps 2008-09 time frame and hence hastily crediting it to 'Russian assistance' is rather far fetched!
Finally it is not a shame in admitting 'foreign technical input', however the nature of 'technical input' need to be acknowledged first. Over the years I have seen this general trend wherein various Pakistani folks tend to point out and say-"so, what, Indians also receive 'technical inputs' from Russia and Israel"- these folks unfortunately choose to ignore the research and industrial ecosystem of India and turn a blind eye towards their own. They simply have no clue as to what is going on in India. Since India is much more transparent, it is not difficult to find the details of what exactly was the contribution from each lab or what did the private industry collaborate etc.

Last edited:
Nirbhay was a failure before the "technical collaboration"

You dont define success of any product by its prototype or in its testing phase, may be in Pakistan every product achieves all defined parameters in its very first attempt. In real world it doesn't happen that way !

I wasn't talking to you actually - I addressed a misconception in the post of another member. My point is that India is not re-inventing the wheel in these matters.

Not reinventing the wheel? What are you on?

India did agree the help offered by these nation's sometimes, but kept quiet sometimes - for strategic reasons

With time Bakhts will realize they voted a thief disguised under chowkidar costume.

Seriously, I have never seen a nation's political party using military to win election LOL

An average literate guy do not jack about missiles in India and even when you talk about cruise missiles. Ironically Indian military isnt a political subject for the electorate. Do you think people know if a missile tests means votes? We arent Pakistan.

Only idiots like you post nonsenses like this in a defence post or topic. Give a rest.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...e-for-air-strike-men/articleshow/68794070.cms

"Modi to first-time voters: Dedicate vote for 'air strike' men"

Does this mean you're illiterate?

So? He is asking first time voters to vote for the sake of sacrifice of Armed forces. Not for BJP.

You are yet to prove that Missile tests are cared by Indian electorate and it means votes... Oh pls dont mention ASAT.

"Ironically Indian military isnt a political subject for the electorate." - you

Do you need me to make it shorter so that your attention span isn't strained?

Back
Top Bottom