What's new

Incredible India - Tourism places

aiyoo,cheta,aa panni nei matram vitteyke avane namude nalle karyangal onnum dahikyulla.

actually ivanmarkku kooduthal choriyan vendiyanu jhan tag chyyunadu.avanmar idellam kanumbol asooyapidichu brandhakum, adopoloru medicine verayundoo ! teriparanjhalum ivanmarkku ekkathilla...

actually ivanmarkku kooduthal choriyan vendiyanu jhan tag chyyunadu.avanmar idellam kanumbol asooyapidichu brandhakum, adopoloru medicine verayundoo ! teriparanjhalum ivanmarkku ekkathilla...
:devil:,you naughty boy,carry on.malayalam weak aanu.

Let me mention all the lovely places that I know of in India. I am leaving out the major cities that everyone knows of (I am an Indophile, as must be quite obvious to anyone who reads my posts):

Rajasthan

1. Chittorgarh - Vast rugged ruins of Mewari Fort. Story of Rani Padmini and Ala ud din Khilji is legendary.

2. Jaisalmer - Jewel in the desert (though apparently the desert is all gone now). The golden fort and Patwon ki Haveli.

3. Udaipur – The city of lakes. Dripping with a sense of romance.

4. Jodhpur – Imposing fort.

5. Ranthambor – Tiger sanctuary

6. Jaipur – Several great palaces and the Jantar Mantar!!!

7. Ajmer – Khwaja Moin ud din Chisti’s Dargah...and nearby Pushkar, which was a hippie paradise.

........well, Rajasthan alone has so many places to see that it will take a lifetime I guess. The state has more palaces and havelis than any other place in the world.

Kerala

1. Backwaters – supposed to be the best in the world. Houseboats, excellent food and beer. What more can a person want?!

2. Kovalam Beach – Favourite of the eat, drink and laze around crowd.

3. Munnar – Lush green tea gardens.

4.Thekaddy – Famous wildlife park.

5. Guruvayur Temple – Being an atheist not big on these things but apparently Indian temples are a must see just to know how many people live in India! The size of the crowds is unbelievable!!

....Kerala has the highest density of tourist places within an area this small. How did they manage to fit so many of them?

Tamil Nadu

1. Mahabalipuram – Famous for the chariot temples along the beach. The whole stretch of beach around the area is supposed to be heavenly.

2. Crocodile Park – No it’s not a zoo. I have seen photos. The place has so many crocs it will numb the senses.

3. Kanchipuram and Madurai – Old, old temple cities.

4. Ooty and Kodaikanal – Hill stations in the Nilgiris. Former known for tea plantations while latter for coffee.

....Don’t know much else about other places.

Ladakh

1. Leh – The capital city is as remote and exotic mountain place as any. Only Lhasa is more remote and exotic, I guess.

2. Pangong Lake – Other-wordly place, just like Mansarovar Lake.

3. Shanti Stupa – Buddhist Holy place

4. The rugged lanscape in general. Looks like another planet. People from KPK may not be too impressed. They are used to it.

5. Many, many Tibetan Monastries.

To be continued....

Nokrek Biosphere Reserve, Meghalaya
31_full.jpg

nokrek-meghalaya-004-full.jpg
meghalaya-tours-khasi-hills.jpg
Simsang1.jpg

Siju cave, Meghalaya
ca.jpg

1(3).jpg
3.%20Siju%20caves1.jpg

This is awesome...I am speechless...

Thenmala

View attachment 250536
Courtesy-Premraj/skyscrapercity.com

@Not So Good @Akheilos @kaonalpha @RazorMC @doppelganger @Doyalbaba @saurav @cnleio @third eye @C130 @VALKRYIE @M.SAAD @Srinivas @Abu Zolfiqar @HttpError @Goenitz @Syed.Ali.Haider @P.K. @Optimos Prime IA @Optimus prime @JEskandari @acetophenol @Gabriel92 @KingMamba

It's not only because of conservation, if you keep a land unattended, it will become like wild forest,that's the tropical climate and soil suitable for green vegetation.
Rumtek Monastery, Sikkim, India

70398249.jpg

111620709.jpg

29711890.jpg

Kanchenjunga Waterfalls

45416857.jpg

43441503.jpg

58971131.jpg

117574702.jpg

Pemayangtse Monastery

70221315.jpg
Beautiful and breathtaking :yes4:

Let me mention all the lovely places that I know of in India. I am leaving out the major cities that everyone knows of (I am an Indophile, as must be quite obvious to anyone who reads my posts):

Rajasthan

1. Chittorgarh - Vast rugged ruins of Mewari Fort. Story of Rani Padmini and Ala ud din Khilji is legendary.

2. Jaisalmer - Jewel in the desert (though apparently the desert is all gone now). The golden fort and Patwon ki Haveli.

3. Udaipur – The city of lakes. Dripping with a sense of romance.

4. Jodhpur – Imposing fort.

5. Ranthambor – Tiger sanctuary

6. Jaipur – Several great palaces and the Jantar Mantar!!!

7. Ajmer – Khwaja Moin ud din Chisti’s Dargah...and nearby Pushkar, which was a hippie paradise.

........well, Rajasthan alone has so many places to see that it will take a lifetime I guess. The state has more palaces and havelis than any other place in the world.

Kerala

1. Backwaters – supposed to be the best in the world. Houseboats, excellent food and beer. What more can a person want?!

2. Kovalam Beach – Favourite of the eat, drink and laze around crowd.

3. Munnar – Lush green tea gardens.

4.Thekaddy – Famous wildlife park.

5. Guruvayur Temple – Being an atheist not big on these things but apparently Indian temples are a must see just to know how many people live in India! The size of the crowds is unbelievable!!

....Kerala has the highest density of tourist places within an area this small. How did they manage to fit so many of them?

Tamil Nadu

1. Mahabalipuram – Famous for the chariot temples along the beach. The whole stretch of beach around the area is supposed to be heavenly.

2. Crocodile Park – No it’s not a zoo. I have seen photos. The place has so many crocs it will numb the senses.

3. Kanchipuram and Madurai – Old, old temple cities.

4. Ooty and Kodaikanal – Hill stations in the Nilgiris. Former known for tea plantations while latter for coffee.

....Don’t know much else about other places.

Ladakh

1. Leh – The capital city is as remote and exotic mountain place as any. Only Lhasa is more remote and exotic, I guess.

2. Pangong Lake – Other-wordly place, just like Mansarovar Lake.

3. Shanti Stupa – Buddhist Holy place

4. The rugged lanscape in general. Looks like another planet. People from KPK may not be too impressed. They are used to it.

5. Many, many Tibetan Monastries.

To be continued....

This is awesome...I am speechless...

Appreciate your effort, still to cover lot of places like beautiful beaches in Goa,skyscraper's in Mumbai, beautiful landscapes in Himachal pradesh,forts in Delhi,temples in punjab,national parks in madhya pradesh,beautiful structures in orissa,beautiful landscapes in NE,beautiful andaman,lakshadeep islands etc are some of them....India has every thing in one pack.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom