What's new

Inappropriate Use Of Debt Money Is Reason For Economic Crisis In Pakistan – Atif Mian

Atif Mian is not a magician. Not everything that he suggests is the Gospel. He is a smart person with a lot of experience and expertise, but he can be wrong too.

In my opinion the housing project is need of the hour. In any respectable society the peoples needs are the number one concern of the elected government. Housing along with food security are the most elementary needs of any human being. Ambitious or not, the project is justified. Even if it leads to some sort of gap later on. This can always be bridged or compensated through various means.

Look at the priorities of previous governments in Pakistan. Look at how much trouble this has led the economy. The housing project is still peanuts in comparison and would at least benefit to common man.

Housing is a priority. So are roads/rails/airports/bridges/transit projects. If they arent why is PTI spending 1 billion dollars on a BRT in Peshawar?

Change is already here. Open your eyes and look how Nawazoo and Zardari are begging for home made food behind bars.

Yeah hes been in jail since before election. What else. Anything else that actually affects common man? No. OK. Lets see how well MNS in jail without A/C plays in four years.

Housing is a priority. So are roads/rails/airports/bridges/transit projects. If they arent why is PTI spending 1 billion dollars on a BRT in Peshawar?

Roads/rails/airports/bridges/transit are not a top priority because it already partially exists. Of course it would be excellent to have better infrastructure over time, but since Nawazoo and Zardari stole money you don't have that luxury at this point of time. Remember who took hundreds of billions worth of loans all these years and couldn't account for a dime. It wasn't PTI I can assure you.

People need housing. It is criminal that in one street people live in mansions worth millions yet don't want to contribute a single dime in tax.

Yet in another street people don't have a roof over their head and live as beggars. For me this is a bigger priority.

Yeah hes been in jail since before election. What else. Anything else that actually affects common man? No. OK. Lets see how well MNS in jail without A/C plays in four years.

You haven't seen anything yet. Have some patience. This opportunity won't go to waste. Every crook and criminal is going behind bars eventually. Nawaz Sharif and Zardari are just tip of the iceberg. Yes, this is a very big deal and you cannot downplay it in any way.

The common man elected crooks for the past 40 years. You expect wonders in 8 months. The people who voted for thieves cannot have high expectations. This is damage repair in progress and isn't ending anytime soon. Sit down and take it on your chin. Also don't complain.

A patient who enters hospital after damaging his kidney and liver for decades cannot expect anything. He should just be happy that he got admitted at the hospital. Just pray and have good intentions. You are not in a position to demand and expect anything.

Last edited:

Pakistan's economic situation didn't come about overnight, nor is it due to the decisions of Imran Khan's government. The economic whirlpool that Pakistan finds itself today is due to successive so-called democratically elected governments of Sharifs, Bhuttos, Sharifs, Zardaris & Sharifs. Collectively, these governments, whose sole purpose is to "Serve" the people of Pakistan (because that is what governments really are there for, to serve it's citizens), have accumulated enough debt and systematically destroyed state institutions to make financial gains for themselves. And whilst doing so, they imprisoned Pakistan in a Zionist owned IMF debt spiral. Today, when Pakistan managed to elect a leader who actually wants to serve his country. The country's debt, enslaves it to it's debt and Pakistan's debt is owned by the Zionists. What the "People of Pakistan" must be doing is "introspect" upon their lack of unity, cohesion, team work, having a game plan and being focused achieving it. Because the one thing that the enemy cannot fight against, is a nation united and strong.

We do not some American qadiyani economist to tell us what is wrong with us, we already know what is going on. We even have the solution to do it, despite the fact that Zionist-America & Zionist-India owning several of our media channels. Despite the fact that our inept, retarded, greedy politicians chaining us to the death spiral which is IMF-WB. We know that they are an existential threat to Pakistan. What Pakistanis do not realize is that if they don't unite as ONE NATION under the Quran & Sunnah. That they would become cannon fodder for the enemies of Pakistan, who are hell bent on its dismemberment.

Roads/rails/airports/bridges/transit are not a top priority because it already partially exists. Of course it would be excellent to have better infrastructure over time, but since Nawazoo and Zardari stole money you don't have that luxury at this point of time. Remember who took hundreds of billions worth of loans all these years and couldn't account for a dime. It wasn't PTI I can assure you.

People need housing. It is criminal that in one street people live in mansions worth millions yet don't want to contribute a single dime in tax.

Yet in another street people don't have a roof over their head and live as beggars. For me this is a bigger priority.

You haven't seen anything yet. Have some patience. This opportunity won't go to waste. Every crook and criminal is going behind bars eventually. Nawaz Sharif and Zardari are just tip of the iceberg. Yes, this is a very big deal and you cannot downplay it in any way.

The common man elected crooks for the past 40 years. You expect wonders in 8 months. The people who voted for thieves cannot have high expectations. This is damage repair in progress and isn't ending anytime soon. Sit down and take it on your chin. Also don't complain.

A patient who enters hospital after damaging his kidney and liver for decades cannot expect anything. He should just be happy that he got admitted at the hospital. Just pray and have good intentions. You are not in a position to demand and expect anything.

I still don't get when it comes to infrastructure. Like you don't have money and country is dying economically and we go for motorways, metro taking huge loan rather using these loan to increase our exports in agriculture to have long last revenue generate in $ added to economy and then those $ can be used for motorways and other infrastructure slowly.

What motorways will generate? I mean we took loan to make motorway some say toll tax will be collected with motor way but how we will change local into pay back loan in $?

What is the basic need of people motorways or roti kapra and makan?

I still don't get when it comes to infrastructure. Like you don't have money and country is dying economically and we go for motorways, metro taking huge loan rather using these loan to increase our exports in agriculture to have long last revenue generate in $ added to economy and then those $ can be used for motorways and other infrastructure slowly.

What motorways will generate? I mean we took loan to make motorway some say toll tax will be collected with motor way but how we will change local into pay back loan in $?

Pakistan built motorways when even china didnt had any
At the time the lahore motorway was almost 3% of our GDP by cost(in 1998) when even the GT road was single lane

The money should have been diverted to dams, canals education back than ..now yes it make sense economy did expand over 30 years from 60b to 300b mostly in mushi era

Infrastructure should follow need not to stimulate empty growth

But real problem iS lack of local investment due to poor savings due to cycle of artificial low inflation and shock artificial high inflation that happened in last 30 years

1800 billion were just spent on PIA ..that money is 5 years of psdp spending ..amazing ..the same PIA was in profit in 2007-08

Its difficult for me to just fadom this fact..may be people deserves the leaders it got

No. It is not IQ. We lack character, honesty and conviction and that also includes intellectual dishonesty. It is more of a cultural problem.

All those things involve deferred gratification. Which is a characteristic of higher iq

Heres why...roads/brigdes/airports/mass transit/infrastructure generate economic activity. They connect businesses to ports, allow workers to get to their jobs easily and reduce traffic management problems, attract visitors, etc.

Homes built with loans are 100 percent white elephants. They do nothing for the macro economy especially when they are all built with highly leveraged loan money.

Heres why...roads/brigdes/airports/mass transit/infrastructure generate economic activity. They connect businesses to ports, allow workers to get to their jobs easily and reduce traffic management problems, attract visitors, etc.

Homes built with loans are 100 percent white elephants. They do nothing for the macro economy especially when they are all built with highly leveraged loan money.

Yeah but if we look at economy musharaf has good time and we didnt have this metro which we took from loan.

Now we have metro etc yet doing bad?

Cant we took this money and build dams? Cnanal system etc or in increase our exports and revenue we get spend on metro so no loan burden on nation

Zaradari was in jail before for a long time. MNS was exiled. Whats changed again? You said in an earlier post they stole money...ok wheres the money? Ah just like before haven't been able to recover a dime.

When are you going to explain why PTI in KPK is spending (or wasting in your words) 1 billion dollars on BRT?

I thought infrastructure is bad homes are good. Why didnt IK start with this in KPK? Also while you're at it can you explain to me why three years later not a single person has been able to ride on it? I thought PTI is doing big things.

Yeah but if we look at economy musharaf has good time and we didnt have this metro which we took from loan.

Now we have metro etc yet doing bad?

Cant we took this money and build dams? Cnanal system etc or in increase our exports and revenue we get spend on metro so no loan burden on nation

Musharraf's time was fantasy land. US made IMF reschedule loans, give favorable terms and was giving money for coalition support as well as development. Musharraf did absolutely zero to make good use of all that money. In 10 years people will look back and take metro for granted. But no one can name a single damn accomplishment of Musharraf.

Back
Top Bottom