What's new

In UK schools Islamists says to Children, lucky to be Muslims and not ignorant like Christaians

SouthDesi

Reaction score
Country
India
A group of fundamentalist "activists", mostly men of Pakistani origin, infiltrated the management of at least 10 schools in Birmingham, sometimes breaking the law in order to introduce Muslim worship and sex segregation, according to a highly critical report.

Their activities were unimpeded by council officials who were fearful of allegations of Islamophobia, who forced ousted teachers to sign gagging clauses rather than treating their complaints seriously as whistleblowers, Ian Kershaw, the authority's independent adviser, concluded.

Sir Albert Bore, leader of the city's Labour-run council, apologised on Friday to the people of Birmingham "for the way the actions of a few, including some within the council, have undermined the great reputation of our city".

But he refused to resign and blamed the previous Tory administration for turning a blind eye to what one report described as "coordinated, deliberate and sustained action to introduce an intolerant and aggressive Islamist ethos into some schools in the city".

Kershaw found that there had indeed been a "determined effort to changed schools, often by unacceptable practices, in order to influence educational and religious provision for the students served".

Some or all of tactics outlined in the Trojan horse plot were present in 10 schools, he said. But he noted that many of the "activists" who "bullied and harassed" headteachers were ultimately motivated by a "genuine and understandable desire" to improve standards for children from an ethnic-minority group long poorly served by education in the city.

However, he found "no evidence of a conspiracy to promote an anti-British agenda, violent extremism or radicalisation of schools in east Birmingham."

This contrasts with a report leaked to the Guardian on Thursday night, commissioned by the former education secretary Michael Gove, in which the author, counter-terrorism police officer Peter Clarke, found there had been a "sustained and coordinated agenda to impose upon children in a number of Birmingham schools the segregationist attitudes and practices of a hardline and politicised strain of Sunni Islam".

The independent Kershaw investigation was commissioned by Birmingham city council (BCC) as a result of concerns raised in a dossier leaked to the media this year. Known as the "Trojan horse" letter, it suggested a number of schools in the city had been "taken over" to ensure they were run on strict Islamic principles.

Yet many parents remain happy with the education their children receive at these criticised schools. Outside Park View on Friday, parents insisted their children received both a good education and were allowed to observe their religion. One mother of a year-9 pupil said: "My son gets to pray at school. That's all I'm concerned about." Another mother, Yasmin Bashir, said: "I'm very happy with the school. It's nice, nice principles."

Some children were "coerced" into Muslim worship, said Kershaw. One of his interviewees said that at Park View academy, which was put into special measures by Ofsted last month, a ball was confiscated from a boy who ignored the call to prayer in the playground.

Female pupils were also ordered to return from a tennis coaching programme "because the school policy … does not allow girls to have a male coach and take part in any activity with boys" and a netball tournament was cancelled because organisers were not able to guarantee there would be no men present.

At Golden Hillock school, one of Kershaw's interviewees reported that a teacher told children not to listen to Christians because they were "all liars"; another allegedly told pupils they were "lucky to be Muslims and not ignorant like Christians and Jews".

At Highfield junior and infant school, the governors wanted to introduce Arabic as the main foreign language, going against the wishes of parents. The same happened at Nansen primary, with Arabic replacing French.

After the school became an academy under Park View's control in October 2012, Christmas and Diwali celebrations no longer took place, Kershaw reported.

Similarly, at Oldknow academy last December, children were told not to send Christmas cards and that it was "unbelievable that Christians believe in the Christmas story". Kershaw reported that pupils were encouraged to chant "no, we don't" when asked questions such as "Do we celebrate or believe in Christmas?"

At Saltley school, activists demanded that the kitchen serve exclusively halal food, despite the catering consultants warning that it would not be appropriate for other religions and would have cost implications. At a governors meeting on 31 January last year, one Saltley governor queried whether the word "sex" had to appear in the school's Sex and Relationships policy.

At Adderley primary school, members of the governing body were said to have raised "so many petty problems", such as requiring black-out curtains for an after-school fitness class, raising repeated requests and concerns over religious education and notallowing the school to celebrate Christmas and Easter.

After Gove's surprise removal on Monday, the Department for Education seemed at a loss as to how to respond to the latest revelations. Gove's replacement, Nicky Morgan, is expected to give a statement to the Commons next week when Clarke's final report is officially published.

In the version seen by the Guardian, Clarke wants the responsibilities of the teacher who is designated child protection officer to include the Prevent anti-extremism strategy and calls for limits on the number of school governorships held by a single individual. He also wants a review of the process by which local authority-controlled schools are converted into autonomous academies.

In his report, Kershaw found that some headteachers and governors had broken the law by introducing Islamic assemblies without the correct authorisation. The main culprits were "men of Pakistani heritage", he said, who "moved between schools as they tried to spread their agenda through the "unacceptable bullying and harassment of headteachers".

The report identifies "serious governance issues that exist in a small number of schools in east Birmingham as a result of, at best, poor skills, and at worst, serious malpractice, by members of certain governing bodies."

The emerging scandal
December 2013 Birmingham council passes a letter to West Midlands counter-terrorism unit outlining a plot called "Operation Trojan horse" to oust headteachers and replace them with people who will run schools on "strict Islamic principles".

7 March 2014 The counter-terrorism unit confirms it is looking into the alleged plot as details become public.

13 March Police reveal they are investigating whether the letter was a hoax connected to an employment tribunal involving a school named in the plot.

14 April Sir Albert Bore, leader of Birmingham council, says 25 schools in the city are under investigation following 200 complaints in relation to allegations of Islamist "takeovers". He also announces that the council has given Ian Kershaw, a former headteacher with experience of leading independent inquiries, a six-month contract to "analyse further all Trojan horse material to enable us to see the whole picture".

15 April Michael Gove, then education secretary, appoints Peter Clarke, a former head of the Met's counter-terrorism unit who led the investigation into the 7/7 London bombings of 2005, to look at the claims.

9 June Five of 21 schools inspected by Ofsted are judged inadequate and put in special measures: Park View, Golden Hillock, Saltley, Oldknow and Nansen. Ofsted's chief inspector, Sir Michael Wilshaw, says "a culture of fear and intimidation" exists within the schools under investigation.

20 June The governors of Saltley resign in protest at their school's treatment.

15 July Trustees at Park View educational trust announce they have quit in protest against a "coordinated and vicious" offensive led by Gove.

17 July Clarke's report concludes there is evidence of "coordinated, deliberate and sustained action to introduce an intolerant and aggressive Islamist ethos into some schools" in Birmingham.

18 July Kershaw's report concludes the council "disastrously" failed to take action when some Muslim men put forward a fundamentalist version of Islam in schools, because officials were afraid of being branded as Islamophobic.

Fears of Islamophobia gave activists free rein in Birmingham schools | Education | The Guardian

This news is true, on a different note, I knew someone who worked as a teacher in a primary school in Birmingham, who told about her experiences. The school she worked in was predominately Asian Muslim, both teachers and pupils. Most if not all the staff were too. They had a new Headteacher who was white British, who she claimed was not only an exceptionally good headteacher but also a very good person. This headteacher faced a lot of resistance from some staff which seemed weird, later she found some of the staff members plotting behind her back to have her removed somehow, one of the teachers who was plotting was doing so (as she said in her own words) because the headteacher was not a Muslim and not of their ethnic background. The poor headteacher either left or was forced out by the governors.

Shame on you British Muslims, especially you Pakistanis.

Shame on you British Muslims, especially you Pakistanis.

I believe these are supposed to be educated Pakistanis and that too mostly Women. Wonder, how religious the schools back home in Pakistan and what do they teach about other religions there?

Last edited:
You can thank the Labour party for this mess, they are the ones that allowed these immigrants and extremists into their country.

I believe these are suppose to be educated Pakistanis. Wonder, how religious the schools back home in Pakistan and what do they teach about other religions there?

Educated jahils, plenty of them around, especially from my country. Or perhaps I'm more susceptible to spotting them.
Most religious schools don't teach this kind of crap.

As for the religious schools part, I'm glad you mentioned it, I'm about to tell you one of the big problems with modern Muslims that I've seen from my own experience. It is to do with the way they think and the subsequent behaviour and it all goes back to how they were taught.

The teaching of Islam for some people has wrongly become something it wasn't meant to be. There are thousands of Muslim children out there who from a very young age, sometimes even just 6 years old who memorise the Qur'an (That's right, memorise, front to back, word for word, and not a letter or accent misplaced), we call them hafiz e Qur'an, they read and recite the Qur'an in Arabic, but also ask how many of them have even read the translation of the Qur'an and transliteration and it will be underwhelming at best. Modern day Muslims are strong on the practical aspects of Islam and actions, not so strong on the spiritual side and the true deeper understanding.

I see the speech given today at Friday prayer, where he instructed us to recite the Qur'an for you will receive this many good deeds and this many good deeds builds you a house in paradise. He never mentioned to read it and understand it or live by it, just read it. And he did not say read it because it is God's word and it was bought to you to live by and keep. Instead he waved a carrot in front of us as if we were animals.

I've seen on TV a man calling in to ask about prayer, he has an issue where every time he prays, his head is not clean of impure thoughts. What does our esteemed leader tell him? 'Try to concentrate on your left toe while you pray, it will keep your mind off of such thoughts' ----This was on TV!!! I felt like driving my head up a wall, for God sake, when a man prays, even ask a 5 year old and he will tell you that he should focus on God, not your bloody toe.

Muslims are in dire need of spiritual enlightenment. I've meant plenty of people who pray 5 times a day, grown a beard to look pious and have been involved in illicit work activities. The religious schools you talk of are part of the exact same problem.

Obviously, they don't teach to hate, 95% of them, but Muslims are too quick to jump in the deep end without knowing what they're doing, often drowning in their own doing.

The Brits I see here, White British, Christians and Atheists, they live their life more like a Muslim than some Muslims do.
In terms of their way of thought and their ideals, if Brits were to add faith in the mix, they'd be far superior Muslims to Pakistanis. They're already better human beings most of them.

Educated jahils, plenty of them around, especially from my country. Or perhaps I'm more susceptible to spotting them.
Most religious schools don't teach this kind of crap.

As for the religious schools part, I'm glad you mentioned it, I'm about to tell you one of the big problems with modern Muslims that I've seen from my own experience. It is to do with the way they think and the subsequent behaviour and it all goes back to how they were taught.

The teaching of Islam for some people has wrongly become something it wasn't meant to be. There are thousands of Muslim children out there who from a very young age, sometimes even just 6 years old who memorise the Qur'an (That's right, memorise, front to back, word for word, and not a letter or accent misplaced), we call them hafiz e Qur'an, they read and recite the Qur'an in Arabic, but also ask how many of them have even read the translation of the Qur'an and transliteration and it will be underwhelming at best. Modern day Muslims are strong on the practical aspects of Islam and actions, not so strong on the spiritual side and the true deeper understanding.

I see the speech given today at Friday prayer, where he instructed us to recite the Qur'an for you will receive this many good deeds and this many good deeds builds you a house in paradise. He never mentioned to read it and understand it or live by it, just read it. And he did not say read it because it is God's word and it was bought to you to live by and keep. Instead he waved a carrot in front of us as if we were animals.

I've seen on TV a man calling in to ask about prayer, he has an issue where every time he prays, his head is not clean of impure thoughts. What does our esteemed leader tell him? 'Try to concentrate on your left toe while you pray, it will keep your mind off of such thoughts' ----This was on TV!!! I felt like driving my head up a wall, for God sake, when a man prays, even ask a 5 year old and he will tell you that he should focus on God, not your bloody toe.

Muslims are in dire need of spiritual enlightenment. I've meant plenty of people who pray 5 times a day, grown a beard to look pious and have been involved in illicit work activities. The religious schools you talk of are part of the exact same problem.

Obviously, they don't teach to hate, 95% of them, but Muslims are too quick to jump in the deep end without knowing what they're doing, often drowning in their own doing.

The Brits I see here, White British, Christians and Atheists, they live their life more like a Muslim than some Muslims do.
In terms of their way of thought and their ideals, if Brits were to add faith in the mix, they'd be far superior Muslims to Pakistanis. They're already better human beings most of them.
know plenty of the types you mentioned there, in Pak too:oops: and :girl_wacko:@the left toe example!

Muslims are in dire need of spiritual enlightenment. I've meant plenty of people who pray 5 times a day, grown a beard to look pious and have been involved in illicit work activities. @Jungibaaz

Back
Top Bottom