What's new

In The Highest of Tradition

Where was this? Is an English translation available? There is a Fatehgarh in the UP, somewhere near Lucknow, and not too far from the Nepal border, that border, as you know, is unguarded and free for passage in either direction. I can walk across tomorrow if I want, for example; no papers needed. At least that's how it used to be.
Still is that way. Indeed, many nepali people vote in UP as well, with Aadhaar, Voter ID etc. Many famillies married cross border.

Earlier, bangladesh used to be the same deal (still is, somewhat). But now its fenced and people are allowed to go either side only through checkpoints.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of accuracy, the Indian Army took great care not to leave any Pakistani service man exposed to the anger of the Bangladeshis. AFAIK (remember), the senior officers of flag rank were briefly housed in Fort William, and then transferred to one of the MP cantonments, perhaps Jhansi or Jabalpur. The enlisted men were kept in Gwalior and some in Delhi.
Thanks for the favor, and we intend to return the favor. 🙂

Last edited:
Thanks for the favor, and we intend to return the favor. 🙂
You didn't.

I feel that personally. It's not an Indian reaction, my personal reaction.

Squadron Leader Ahuja
Captain Saurabh Kalia

I've never reacted, but this hurt is inside.

You didn't.

I feel that personally. It's not an Indian reaction, my personal reaction.

Squadron Leader Ahuja
Captain Saurabh Kalia

I've never reacted, but this hurt is inside.
But I don't feel that Mr Kambampati Nachiketa had the same intention. But its OK, I don't feel the way you feel.

But I don't feel that Mr Kambampati Nachiketa had the same intention. But its OK, I don't feel the way you feel.
Same intention? Did you mean some other word? Same experience, perhaps?

What matters is the way that two were treated, Saying a third was not maltreated changes nothing.

And yes, it's OK, I didn't ask you to feel the way I did. Just that when you start crowing and flapping your wings, and talking about how you will treat our troops when you capture them, we already know what you will do. So save the bull. It's one sided, and will be.

I used to keep count, about seven or eight years ago. More than 10 instances of Pakistani military personnel decorated on the reports of Indian officers. Not ONE report coming the other way. That, to fanboys, means that all Indians were worthless, all Pakistanis were heroes.

Maybe.

What matters is the way that two were treated, Saying a third was not maltreated changes nothing.
Dear, i mentioned it before as well... the incident of Capt Saurab Kalia...i was personally associated with that event in some capacity. Propaganda aside, but there was no torture or cigaratte burning butts which was done by our troops, as is alleged. Once he was shot, he was trying to take cover behind a boulder and had his back towards us. The bullet exit wound was from his face side, and as it happens, it was a big exit wound. No torture was done from our side, unless you say that you saw the body yourself.

As far as the pilot is concerned, i wont comment on that since he was in another sector......you may like to notice that though i can say for him as well that no torture or something like that was done from our side, even then i am not saying anything about it. However, for Saurabh Kalia, i can vouch.

Dear, i mentioned it before as well... the incident of Capt Saurab Kalia...i was personally associated with that event in some capacity. Propaganda aside, but there was no torture or cigaratte burning butts which was done by our troops, as is alleged. Once he was shot, he was trying to take cover behind a boulder and had his back towards us. The bullet exit wound was from his face side, and as it happens, it was a big exit wound. No torture was done from our side, unless you say that you saw the body yourself.
I have heard this from you for the first time, and my impressions were from the accounts that were printed at the time.
This relieves my mind of an enormous burden.
I mourn Saurabh but am thankful that the end was mercifully quick.

As far as the pilot is concerned, i wont comment on that since he was in another sector......you may like to notice that though i can say for him as well that no torture or something like that was done from our side, even then i am not saying anything about it. However, for Saurabh Kalia, i can vouch.
🙏

I can only say that it has been a privilege to make your acquaintance.

Back
Top Bottom