What's new

In The Highest of Tradition

Just for the sake of accuracy, the Indian Army took great care not to leave any Pakistani service man exposed to the anger of the Bangladeshis. AFAIK (remember), the senior officers of flag rank were briefly housed in Fort William, and then transferred to one of the MP cantonments, perhaps Jhansi or Jabalpur. The enlisted men were kept in Gwalior and some in Delhi.

Where was this? Is an English translation available? There is a Fatehgarh in the UP, somewhere near Lucknow, and not too far from the Nepal border, that border, as you know, is unguarded and free for passage in either direction. I can walk across tomorrow if I want, for example; no papers needed. At least that's how it used to be.
There is also Maj Ikram Sehgal who criss crossed your country almost twice after escaping. Nice read..
Escape from Oblivion: The Story of a Pakistani Prisoner of War in India

I have heard this from you for the first time, and my impressions were from the accounts that were printed at the time.
This relieves my mind of an enormous burden.
I mourn Saurabh but am thankful that the end was mercifully quick.

🙏

I can only say that it has been a privilege to make your acquaintance.
Im not going to the whataboutism nonsense but your Gen Officers openly confessed on your national TV of taking a Pak soldiers head as a trophy.
Than there are actual pics of the body of a Rangers JCO who was brutally tortured, burnt, bones broken and shot point blank in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom