What's new

In a $100 million move to counter China, India to upgrade Iran's Chabahar

just like Pakistan and Sri Lanka taking advantage of Indo-China clashes???well,atleast we don't use others clash to make infrastructures of our own..India has the capability to project its power.This Chahbahar will reduce Afghanistan's reliance on Pakistan and this port will connect us with Afghanistan bypassing Pakistan.Doesn't look like we are upgrading this port just to counter Gwadar..

Go and do whatever you want but you may want to start building infrastructure in Ladakh and your border areas.

1. World Bank scaled down your growth estimate last week. read before opening your big indian liar mouth.

No BS, news reported by your own paper:

Economy to grow 6.1% in 2013-14: World Bank - Hindustan Times

2. because indian women simply couldn't report the crimes - the police and the government are highly corrupt.

they never invested in infrastructure/education, how could they enjoy the growth seen in China in 2000s.

just look at their roads, sea ports, what a huge load of junk.

1. Groth of 6.1 is not bad by any measure and there has been slowdown to your economy also so you can't say our economy is falling apart.

2.This is not Police state get your conspiracy theories out of your mind .

We will be investing 1 Trillion$ in our infra in next five years.

Go and do whatever you want but you may want to start building infrastructure in Ladakh and your border areas.

No need to worry about us, we know what's better for us.

building infra is already on and it's huge..but that area was ecologically diversified so it is pain in our @$$ to get NOC from environment ministry.but don't worry,within 2020,almost all the road and rail link will be operational.we're expecting more and more "Chinese tantrum" just like recent one on that,as our infra will nullify their advantage of bringing huge amount of troops in less time(as it generally needs atleast 3:1 number superiority to dislodge a defending position in plains and atleast 8:1 to dislodge a defending position during mountain warfare)..

1. Groth of 6.1 is not bad by any measure and there has been slowdown to your economy also so you can't say our economy is falling apart.

it means the gap of the economies of China/india is widening. learn something.

remember: our economy is 3 times as large as yours, and the gap is widening.

It won't remain as it is for long, soon our growth rate will surpass your's. We have set target of achieving 25% share of manufacturing in out GDP by 2021.Trends will soon reverse in our favour.

It won't remain as it is for long, soon our growth rate will surpass your's. We have set target of achieving 25% share of manufacturing in out GDP by 2021.Trends will soon reverse in our favour.

Setting a target and achieving it are two different things.

China is set to remain the fastest growing economy well into the 21st century, provided it's move to a consumer based economy succeeds, which it has started look more and more likely.

India still needs to upgrade a vast majority of it's infrastructure, and still is in the process of moving a larg chunk of it's population out of poverty, both of which are something that China is farther ahead in doing. India needs to start decreasing it's reliance on import of military arms as it has and start focusing on it's domestic defense technological growth. Granted India has had massive improvements thanks to getting ToTs from other nations left and right, but China is still further ahead in terms of R&D, which means it's further ahead in terms of technology, especially domestic technology.

It remains to be seen if India will surpass China in terms of economic growth anytime soon, maybe in the 22nd century, but unlikely in the 21st. India is likely to have a larger population than China by 2030-50 time range, depending on if current birth rate remains relatively consistent, but as we all know a higher population hardly means economic prosperity. If India wants to overtake the Chinese, I am of the belief that India should stay away from directly or indirectly challenging China's rise and instead focus on it's own domestic policies and growth. Trying to match China is something that may cost India a lot more than just cash, it may result in economic collapse, as was the case with the USSR when they tried to keep up with the USA. While I doubt an economic collapse will split India into smaller states like the former USSR's fate, it is something that would devastate the regional economy, including Pakistan's and (to a larger degree) China's economy, which is why it should be in the interest of all regional nations to keep India's economy prosperous.

Anyways, that's my two cents. I'm probably completely wrong about this, but I thought I would share my opinion.

what was the ratio of Chinese economy and portuguese economy when the latter still had a colony in China ? ( macau ) ?

Setting a target and achieving it are two different things.

China is set to remain the fastest growing economy well into the 21st century, provided it's move to a consumer based economy succeeds, which it has started look more and more likely.

India still needs to upgrade a vast majority of it's infrastructure, and still is in the process of moving a larg chunk of it's population out of poverty, both of which are something that China is farther ahead in doing

Correction-India is in the process of upgrading vast majority of its infrastructure with a budget of $1 trillion for next five years.
India needs to start decreasing it's reliance on import of military arms as it has and start focusing on it's domestic defense technological growth.

That depends on which Armed force we are talking about-For example The Army is very much reluctant to induct Arjun stating some operational difficulties but OTOH the Navy have always shown intrest in Indigenous products.

Granted India has had massive improvements thanks to getting ToTs from other nations left and right, but China is still further ahead in terms of R&D, which means it's further ahead in terms of technology, especially domestic technology.

Usual pakistani rant-They give credit for every technological advancement in India to TOT and argue it is a copy.OTOH they will always admire a chinese product as there own-even if it is a reverse engineered one.If India's technological advancements were based on TOT and not indigenous development-they'd have been successful in first test itself-remember the Kaveri which failed at first high altitude test,the cryogenic engine,our workhorse pslv(first test in 1993 was a failure) or the Agni V.Though I agree that They are atleast a decade ahead in technology.

Wet dreaming Indian foreign policy.

Can't get the Chinese troops to vacate Indian territory so now India tries to meddle in Iran.

What logic is that?

I think you're misunderstanding something.

Let's disect your comment here, shall we?

Correction-India is in the process of upgrading vast majority of its infrastructure with a budget of $1 trillion for next five years.

That depends on if the money is spent properly and if all goes to plan, which it never does for any country. Anyways, that's not what I'm really saying, if you actually read my comment, I'm saying that China is ahead of India in this sense, even if they manage to achieve it within 5 years, China will still be ahead in these terms.

next part.

That depends on which Armed force we are talking about-For example The Army is very much reluctant to induct Arjun stating some operational difficulties but OTOH the Navy have always shown intrest in Indigenous products.

I'm talking in general, so all fields are included. India must do more to achieve the same level of self reliance that China has achieved if it ever hopes to compete with China.

Finally

Usual pakistani rant-They give credit for every technological advancement in India to TOT and argue it is a copy.OTOH they will always admire a chinese product as there own-even if it is a reverse engineered one.If India's technological advancements were based on TOT and not indigenous development-they'd have been successful in first test itself-remember the Kaveri which failed at first high altitude test,the cryogenic engine,our workhorse pslv(first test in 1993 was a failure) or the Agni V.Though I agree that They are atleast a decade ahead in technology.

It's hardly a rant, I don't know how you came to such a conclusion.

This is the part of your comment that I don't think you quite get what you're trying to say, or even understood what I said. For example, you claim that I'm ignoring Chinese tech, which is mostly reverse engineered, and in all actuality I'm not. Think about it, what is harder to do and will give you more expertise? Reverse engineering, or ToT? I believe reverse engineering, because it forces you to learn more about a field that you would normally never have thought of. Where as with ToT, you're just handed instructions on how to manufacture a piece of tech. I know that ToT doesn't automatically mean that you're able to reproduce a product, it just means that you have the instructions, having said that, it's much easier and less rewarding than reverse engineering, because reverse engineering forces you to produce a similar or the same product using different methods and even material.

I'm not really an admirer of Chinese technology, I'm actually quite a skeptic. I think the JF-17 is nowhere near as good as some Pakistani and Chinese members of the forums claim it is, I think the J-10 is not as impressive as it looks, and I think the J-20 and J-31 are being over-hyped because I highly doubt that the J-20 and J-31 are as capable as the F-22/F-35 and the PAK-FA/FGFA. I do admit that I admire the advances the Chinese are making, just not the products that these advances have made.

ANYWAYS, nothing you've said really dismisses my views, because all you're doing is arguing semantics and promises of the future which may or may not happen.

Wet dreaming Indian foreign policy.

Can't get the Chinese troops to vacate Indian territory so now India tries to meddle in Iran.

What logic is that?

It's called Geo-politics, this has nothing to do with the current stand off, and has everything to do with regional influence. I think India may back off from this, as they won't risk sanctions from the US, who has already threatened sanctions on India if it goes a head with these plans.

If India goes ahead, it'll be a slap on the face of the US and will even help Pakistan, because the US will have shown that it no longer has the same level of global authority to dictate world policy as it once had. Pakistan will obviously capitalize on this and march on with the pipeline and India will continue with this project. Though, this is likely to back fire, as the US may end up sanctioning both nations, which would result in Pakistan and India losing foreign investment and general business.

Let's disect your comment here, shall we?

That depends on if the money is spent properly and if all goes to plan, which it never does for any country. Anyways, that's not what I'm really saying, if you actually read my comment, I'm saying that China is ahead of India in this sense, even if they manage to achieve it within 5 years, China will still be ahead in these terms.

What I've said is that upgradation of infrastructure is underway-And we are watching it being implemented-for example by by 2014,4 more Rapid transit systems would start functioning,making total number of metro rails in India to 8.Reaching China level may be 2030+

I'm talking in general, so all fields are included. India must do more to achieve the same level of self reliance that China has achieved if it ever hopes to compete with China.

All I have said is that it would require more than indigenous research and development for acheiving the same level as china.And if the hardware is manufactured in India it makes no difference-as far as we are capable of servicing them.

It's hardly a rant, I don't know how you came to such a conclusion.

This is not the first time I heard it here:lol:

This is the part of your comment that I don't think you quite get what you're trying to say, or even understood what I said. For example, you claim that I'm ignoring Chinese tech, which is mostly reverse engineered, and in all actuality I'm not. Think about it, what is harder to do and will give you more expertise? Reverse engineering, or ToT? I believe reverse engineering, because it forces you to learn more about a field that you would normally never have thought of. Where as with ToT, you're just handed instructions on how to manufacture a piece of tech. I know that ToT doesn't automatically mean that you're able to reproduce a product, it just means that you have the instructions, having said that, it's much easier and less rewarding than reverse engineering, because reverse engineering forces you to produce a similar or the same product using different methods and even material.

Well what this is whatt all Pakistani members do.They simply give credit of any technological development in India to TOT,forgetting years of R&D and million of $ spend by our engineers,scientist and government on It.
Take case of Agni V.Is its propulsion the result of TOT?Is it the case that India have no expertise in solid fuel rocket tech built an ICBM out of nothing?

No!!

The history of Indian solid fuel rocket technology goes back to 1960s when our scientists were assembling sounding rockets in a shabby old church building.The development of sounding rockets lead to development of SLV-indias first launch vehicle.When Abdul Kalam was transfered to DRDO from ISRO,he brought with him HS-9,first stage of SLV,which became Basis of Agni TD design.Agni V is the result of 2 decades of development from Agni TD.

Pakistani members even make claims that India have no facility for testing space launchers and missiles forgetting India's R&D infrastructure of hypersonic wind tunnels,pasma wind tunnels and supercomputers.
And Tot allows you to make the final product exactly same as original and it wont fail-take case of HAL Turbomecca Shakti engine used in Dhruv built using ToT

same as case with Indias space and missile program-You can see it diversifying and becoming more advanced-So as per your argument it wont be ToT

I'm not really an admirer of Chinese technology, I'm actually quite a skeptic. I think the JF-17 is nowhere near as good as some Pakistani and Chinese members of the forums claim it is, I think the J-10 is not as impressive as it looks, and I think the J-20 and J-31 are being over-hyped because I highly doubt that the J-20 and J-31 are as capable as the F-22/F-35 and the PAK-FA/FGFA. I do admit that I admire the advances the Chinese are making, just the products that these advances have made.

and you cant share the same about India?How unfortunate.

ANYWAYS, nothing you've said really dismisses my views, because all you're doing is arguing semantics and promises of the future which may or may not happen.

Well I will continue to beleive that it will happen and you can continue to beleive that it migh t not happen.;)

What I've said is that upgradation of infrastructure is underway-And we are watching it being implemented-for example by by 2014,4 more Rapid transit systems would start functioning,making total number of metro rails in India to 8.Reaching China level may be 2030+

All I have said is that it would require more than indigenous research and development for acheiving the same level as china.And if the hardware is manufactured in India it makes no difference-as far as we are capable of servicing them.

This is not the first time I heard it here:lol:

Well what this is whatt all Pakistani members do.They simply give credit of any technological development in India to TOT,forgetting years of R&D and million of $ spend by our engineers,scientist and government on It.
Take case of Agni V.Is its propulsion the result of TOT?Is it the case that India have no expertise in solid fuel rocket tech built an ICBM out of nothing?

No!!

The history of Indian solid fuel rocket technology goes back to 1960s when our scientists were assembling sounding rockets in a shabby old church building.The development of sounding rockets lead to development of SLV-indias first launch vehicle.When Abdul Kalam was transfered to DRDO from ISRO,he brought with him HS-9,first stage of SLV,which became Basis of Agni TD design.Agni V is the result of 2 decades of development from Agni TD.

Pakistani members even make claims that India have no facility for testing space launchers and missiles forgetting India's R&D infrastructure of hypersonic wind tunnels,pasma wind tunnels and supercomputers.
And Tot allows you to make the final product exactly same as original and it wont fail-take case of HAL Turbomecca Shakti engine used in Dhruv built using ToT

same as case with Indias space and missile program-You can see it diversifying and becoming more advanced-So as per your argument it wont be ToT

and you cant share the same about India?How unfortunate.

Well I will continue to beleive that it will happen and you can continue to beleive that it migh t not happen.;)

Haha, it seems as if you and I don't quite see eye to eye. I do think you're putting words into my mouth and passing me off as just another "typical Pakistani", when in reality I'm doing no such thing. You seem to think that I'm suggesting that everything India does is with the help of ToTs, when in reality I said no such thing. What I said was that ToTs are helping India, not that India is incapable of making products on it's own. The LCA project is a very good example of India putting it's money towards self-sufficiency, same with the Agni missile project. What I'm suggesting is that India is not doing enough, and I don't really think that you disagree with that point. I think you recognize that India needs to do more before challenging China in international politics.

Either way, nothing you've said really negates my main point and that is India should not be looking to directly or indirectly compete with China and instead should worry about it's own domestic issues first before it continues to expand it's international influence.

Just like that, I believe that outside of Kashmir (for obvious reasons), Pakistan should stop trying to compete with India in every little thing and start concentrating on it's domestic issues before competing with India in the global stage.

B_Id_382820_Salman_Khurshid.jpg

Good for India。

I am absolutely sure that the Americans are extremely happy with this decisive move by India。

Hurrah to India。:azn:

Good for India。

I am absolutely sure that the Americans are extremely happy with this decisive move by India。

Hurrah to India。:azn:

Yup.. and poor chinese are getting upset... less out of any love for iran, but more out of hate for india.

but, they don't count and nobody cares.

Back
Top Bottom