What's new

IMSc unveils India's seventh-fastest supercomputer `Annapurna' news

annapurna.jpg

Annapurna is a high-performance computation (HPC) cluster having 1.5 Tera Byte (TB) memory and 30 TB storage space cluster capacity.

Does anyone know the processing power of the new comp? Memory and storage doesn't tell us how fast it is.

Buddy India had produced a World Top(no 4) supercomputer before the chinese. We already been there earlier. ;)
EKA (supercomputer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not here to troll, but just for your amusement you might want to check the list now to see how many Chinese Supercomputers are ahead of EKA. The Nebulae is 10 times faster than EKA and is currently ranked No.2 in maximum operation speed and No.1 in Peak speed in the entire world.

Anyways, congratulation to India's achievement in this area.

TOP500 List - June 2010 (1-100)

can it do this without blowing up your laptop?

my lap top is alienware M17x
2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad QX9300; 8GB RAM; two 500GB drives; 17-inch display (1,920x1,200); dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M (2GB)

I am not here to troll, but just for your amusement you might want to check the list now to see how many Chinese Supercomputers are ahead of EKA. The Nebulae is 10 times faster than EKA and is currently ranked No.2 in maximum operation speed and No.1 in Peak speed in the entire world.

Anyways, congratulation to India's achievement in this area.

TOP500 List - June 2010 (1-100)

yes i know congrats for the SuperComputer... :cheers:
i was replying to my Indian freind , that India has already done it before with Eka......
surely with time all supercoumputers loose their ranking..so no point making one top 5 every 2 years....

with EKA we already reached there back in 2007 itself as it was number 4.. :)

i was replying to my Indian freind , that India has already done it before with Eka......
surely with time all supercoumputers loose their ranking..so no point making one top 5 every 2 years....

My words.... u said it all.

Well, you are the one who brought China into this contest. China had supercomputer on that list way before India had any, and had one on the top 10 list in 2004 with Dawning 4000A already. Have you seen any Chinese saying we rank ** with whatever before India?

Why is everyone so excited?
All the reports say IMSc unveils India's seventh-fastest supercomputer.
Somebody also mentioned that it has
Its CPU is ---1024 cores – Intel Nehalem 2.93 GHz chips
Its speed is --12 teraflops

That's 14 times less cores and 14 times less processing power than EKA.
Or has the reporters made some mistake?

Why is everyone so excited?
All the reports say IMSc unveils India's seventh-fastest supercomputer.
Somebody also mentioned that it has

That's 14 times less cores and 14 times less processing power than EKA.
Or has the reporters made some mistake?

its wonderful that Intel can help India build a fast computer. I wonder if the front panel of the super computer has the logo "intel inside" :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom