Imran survived player revolt at 1992 World Cup - Miandad

darkinsky

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran survived player revolt at 1992 World Cup - Miandad| Reuters

r

Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan speaks during a news conference at his party secretariat in Islamabad in this November 22, 2007 file photo. Khan survived a player revolt before leading his team to victory in the 1992 World Cup, according to team mate Javed Miandad.

CREDIT: REUTERS/MIAN KHURSHEED

(Reuters) - Former Pakistan captain Imran Khan survived a player revolt before leading his team to victory in the 1992 World Cup, according to team mate Javed Miandad.

Miandad, a former captain and three-times coach of the national side, said leading players had grown disaffected with Imran's leadership style throughout the tournament.
"The revolt took place before the semi-final against New Zealand. But to me the country was more important and I convinced the players to carry on playing under Imran," Miandad said on a local television chat show late on Wednesday.
"Imran retired after winning the World Cup and before the England tour in 1992 because he had come to know about the revolt."
Miandad, when contacted by Reuters on Thursday, confirmed his statement but would not elaborate.
"I have never spoken about this incident but now many people know about it so I disclosed the truth," he said.
Pakistan, inspired by a brutal innings from Inzamam-ul-Haq, won the semi-final in Auckland before beating England in the final in Melbourne following a crucial third-wicket partnership of 139 between Imran and Miandad.

Miandad is and always will be a legend. If he said it than it will be right. Not many people knew it but Miandad was the rock behind Imran Khan's captaincy. He was the shrewd player that Imran depended on and thats why he was the Vice Captain, otherwise one of Imran's cronies would have been the Vice Captain.

Just before two match of final revolt against IK looks lame because he already announced his retirement after WC so why they will revolt against IK and most of the player were new who were included in team because of IK those player positions were also not fixed in team so story looks fake....

@darkinsky Imran Khan truly haunts you even in your dreams. :-)
I guess you don't even go to toilet alone & ask your daddy to come with you.
Go see some doctor for your OCD.

...i have long known that im was not capable leader, this article just proves it, ..

So now articles prove sb's capability!!
Objective criteria prove IK to be a successful leader. What u think, what article says don't matter.

In fact article proves that IK is a great leader, since it says "IK survived & then lead to victory"... That's what great leaders do. They rescue their team from difficulty... Then "LEAD" their teams to victory... A perfect sign of great leadership...

Read again..

...Pakistan captain Imran Khan survived a player revolt before leading his team to victory in the 1992 World Cup, ...

Last edited:
@darkinsky Imran Khan truly haunts you even in your dreams. :-)
I guess you don't even go to toilet alone & ask your daddy to come with you.
Go see some doctor for your OCD.

i think that truth is back biting you, i have long known that im was not capable leader, this article just proves it, also cricket team is not a country, i have heard rumors that the brain behind im's captaincy was miandad himself

Miandad is and always will be a legend. If he said it than it will be right. Not many people knew it but Miandad was the rock behind Imran Khan's captaincy. He was the shrewd player that Imran depended on and thats why he was the Vice Captain, otherwise one of Imran's cronies would have been the Vice Captain.

Miandad was the guy planning the game and giving advises to IM, this is what i have heard and that Miandad was angry with IM for not giving due credit to him

Last edited:
Imran Khan is a true leader. Miandad no doubt is a great player. No batsman I think was better than what Miandad was.

Comparing Miandad with Imran and making Miandad the reason for Imran success only serves MQM propaganda of ethnic division and pulling down Imran Khan. If Miandad was the force behind Imran, then why Miandad was not able to become as good a leader as Imran was?

After Imran, the only captain worthy of mention has been Wasim Akram, and now Misbah ul Haq.

so thats what imran khan is survivor and a winner .. he survived the crises and won a world cup for us ...

Jhoota @ Miandad .If there was revolt then Pak team wouldnt played like what they did

IComparing Miandad with Imran and making Miandad the reason for Imran success only serves MQM propaganda of ethnic division and pulling down Imran Khan. If Miandad was the force behind Imran, then why Miandad was not able to become as good a leader as Imran was?
How did you drag MQM in it :woot:

Pakistan, inspired by a brutal innings from Inzamam-ul-Haq, won the semi-final in Auckland before beating England in the final in Melbourne following a crucial third-wicket partnership of 139 between Imran and Miandad.

I remember watching akram's bowling in that match..... The wicket of lewis (if i remember properly) was a beautiful inswinging ball...

Pakistan was very lucky... their match against england got washed out..otherwise they would not hav qualified for the semis

lol another made up story against IK :lol:
Why not wait for a statement from Imran? If a denial statement was not made from him, then perhaps Miandad was right. I guess we should really stop prophesizing things for we are not Allah (naooz-o-billah), only whom has the knowledge of unknown.

Imran was (still is) an arrogant person; considering his arrogant personality, a team revolt is not out of the question.

Why not wait for a statement from Imran? If a denial statement was not made from him, then perhaps Miandad was right. I guess we should really stop prophesizing things for we are not Allah (naooz-o-billah), only whom has the knowledge of unknown.

Imran was (still is) an arrogant person; considering his arrogant personality, a team revolt is not out of the question.

he dnt deserve importance of IK .. IK has a party to run ... moreover most of the famous crickiters love him .. he dnt mind if some someone who retired 2.5 decades ago will start saying somethng now to get attention ...

Back
Top Bottom