What's new

Imran Riaz Khan audio call leaked - authenticated by journalist

Back when journalists belonging to the other side made claims against the army, they were called traitors and liars by PTI folks, including guys like Imran Riaz Khan. You reap what you sow.

It seems like our people only learn from experience.

111 brigade needs to find some real job for itself. About time President and Prime minister are protected by secret service style, armed civilian force. About time that premier intel agency for INTERNAL security is IB not ISI. ISI should focus on Afghanistan, India and other international challenges. IB should have been reporting to PM about plans of horse trading in Sindh house. ISI is controlled by the chief, if ISI is deep into politics, Army becomes political. No staff officer with PM, secret service style civilian force. Centre of power is to be elected civilian leadership. But for that. Clean of house, cleaning of judiciary, election commission and a permanent fix to free fair election(computerised) are essential. We need reforms on mass level.

View attachment 842000

Sir, no doubt. These things have been talked about for decades.

But how? Only a revolutionary leader can bring the required structural change and a new constitution that reimagines all institutions.

EXak4UuXQAAu8Gp.jpg

And what about others in the country?

Very often who is given power turns out to be excessively egotistical. These include journalists, judges, lawyers and politicians.

Conflicts arise when those in power are too egotistical to understand concerns of each other and not work like a team.

There is much that does not comes out in public. Pretentions mostly.
That's what i too beleived pre 9th April 2022. Not any more.
If anyone thinks other institutions could grow muscle and skeleton with that mindset of one particular institution with unchallenged and unquestioned gun power, he is not logical. We were bound to have midgets as judges, politicians, beuorocrats, journalists etc. as only those grown in certain nurseries have been acceptable.
Besides, let's not be deluded by telling ourselves its just some individuals being egotistical. Its more than that. Its systematic.

I am against the PTI campaign to malign the entire Opposition, the Pak Army leadership and the Judiciary as well the media by insinuating that they were part of the international conspiracy led by USA to oust him.
In my opinion ( right or wrong), Imran Khan has built his whole narrative on spinning the facts to seduce the naïve public. For example he keeps asking "Why were Courts open at midnight " despite knowing very well that PTI -NA members were being guilty of defying the the clear 'Order' of the Supreme Court and the Court had to take action if the voting did not begin before 2400 hrs. Similarly, he keeps repeating "Absolutely not" when USA never asked for the military bases.

Jus for the record, I am not a fan of PML-N or PPP orders. My view is that while PTI were incompetent, PMNL-N and PPP gov'ts were corrupt. It is the twiddle-dee for twiddle-um. I am also dead against the PTI social media campaign of bad mouthing the Pal Army ; I consider proponents of such blogs as "Anti-Pakistani"

I am against the PTI campaign to malign the entire Opposition, the Pak Army leadership and the Judiciary as well the media by insinuating that they were part of the international conspiracy led by USA to oust him.
In my opinion ( right or wrong), Imran Khan has built his whole narrative on spinning the facts to seduce the naïve public. For example he keeps asking "Why were Courts open at midnight " despite knowing very well that PTI -NA members were being guilty of defying the the clear 'Order' of the Supreme Court and the Court had to take action if the voting did not begin before 2400 hrs. Similarly, he keeps repeating "Absolutely not" when USA never asked for the military bases.

Jus for the record, I am not a fan of PML-N or PPP orders. My view is that while PTI were incompetent, PMNL-N and PPP gov'ts were corrupt. It is the twiddle-dee for twiddle-um. I am also dead against the PTI social media campaign of bad mouthing the Pal Army ; I consider proponents of such blogs as "Anti-Pakistani"
1. Then courts must open at anytime for horse trading, sack ECP as he didn't commence hearing of foreign funding cases for all parties till this day. Also, when ECP said that elections can't be held in 90 days. Plus, LHC also favoured PMLN on Hamza's oath taking but didn't listen to PTI petition.

2. The US asked or not but white house correspondent said

That's what i too beleived pre 9th April 2022. Not any more.
If anyone thinks other institutions could grow muscle and skeleton with that mindset of one particular institution with unchallenged and unquestioned gun power, he is not logical. We were bound to have midgets as judges, politicians, beuorocrats, journalists etc. as only those grown in certain nurseries have been acceptable.
Besides, let's not be deluded by telling ourselves its just some individuals being egotistical. Its more than that. Its systematic.

Sir, no doubt. These things have been talked about for decades.

But how? Only a revolutionary leader can bring the required structural change and a new constitution that reimagines all institutions.

Absolutely Yes !!!

Things are unraveling real fast. I am disappointed at how the military is behaving. It makes little sense to me what is going on.
There is no head of tale on the strategy by the military.
Someone needs to give them some guidance on how this will play itself out, and in every scenario the choices are from bad to worse. Right now the only thing the army can do is to opt for the least painful choice for them. I am glad however that it seems like they have taken advice I had given earlier on, on how Bajwa needs to manage his brand.

Here are the 3 potential scenarios: Bad, worse and horrible.

Bad scenario - a limping gov somehow manages to cling to power for 6 months. In the process they rip apart any semblance of institutions, resulting in press suppression, Pakistani Expat suppression, political suppression. Economy goes from bad to worse, and country teeters towards default, and becomes even more dependent on Western foreign powers. Alliances with China erode, and Western and Indian influence increases in political and military circles.

Worse Scenario - Some leadership quarter in the army push the military to more of a confrontational path. They go after PTI, press and foreign Pakistanis, doing exactly what they are saying they are likely to do. Issue Red notices for Pakistanis and Media. Country moves further to polarization, and Army goes fully Egypt mode. People and the Army move towards a clash and we see their core bases within Punjab and KP openly revolt. Army discipline and Formation's are eroded and we see some parts openly flout orders. Resignations and outright refusal of orders begin and we see and clash between the public and the Army. Western powers take advantage of this an given our Nuclear abilities raises issues in the UN and force direct intervention to save nuclear sites.

Horrible scenario: IK or some of the PTI supporters are hurt or killed. Open anti-Army sentiment boils over to an armed resistance. Leadership is vilified and chased, and army splits within itself from the weight of the tugs from different quarters. Foreign intervention as above stated happens as well.

The above are likely scenarios at play. In each of these the economy will be another major player, and we'll see a complete unraveling of the economic fabric of the nation. The enemies of Pakistan will use this opportunity to pump in money and links, further ripping the nation apart. In the end people will forget PML and PPP, and the Army will have to face the back lash. And no matter how many PRs they do it will not help. They will loose from all ends. They never had any natural alliance with PML and PPP, and the one potential alliance which does exist with the PTI supporters will be lost as well.

The only somewhat decent choice for Bajwa is the following: If he fails to implement the following, he and his family will face the brunt of Pakistanis wherever they go, even if it is Belgium or some other national capital. I am afraid he does not appreciate the extend of the animus that exists. Not sure how he thinks he can come out of this clean in anyway.

In the end Bajwa has two options: Martial law, and be prepared for a massive national insurgency.
Second option: conduct national elections while still army chief and find power restored back to IK, while still a chief so he has the ability to truly say I was neutral. That will be the only way to manage this crisis. No other way works for him and the Army. Another option which is a slight derivative is to have the speaker/ECP reject the resignations. Move BAP and a few others back to the PTI camp. Have another VNC, and elect IK back and then allow for a dissolution of assemblies. THIS IS THE BEST SCENARIO.

Army has lost its national support, even within its own ranks. The leadership needs to take heed and change before it harms the institution beyond what it already has. The harm to the current leaders who have participated in this intrigue is unavoidable. The question is how bad will it be. Some of the above options give them a slightly face-saving, somewhat graceful exit. For them they only have a bad choice in a list of terrible choices.

Things are unraveling real fast. I am disappointed at how the military is behaving. It makes little sense to me what is going on.
There is no head of tale on the strategy by the military.
Someone needs to give them some guidance on how this will play itself out, and in every scenario the choices are from bad to worse. Right now the only thing the army can do is to opt for the least painful choice for them. I am glad however that it seems like they have taken advice I had given earlier on, on how Bajwa needs to manage his brand.

Here are the 3 potential scenarios: Bad, worse and horrible.

Bad scenario - a limping gov somehow manages to cling to power for 6 months. In the process they rip apart any semblance of institutions, resulting in press suppression, Pakistani Expat suppression, political suppression. Economy goes from bad to worse, and country teeters towards default, and becomes even more dependent on Western foreign powers. Alliances with China erode, and Western and Indian influence increases in political and military circles.

Worse Scenario - Some leadership quarter in the army push the military to more of a confrontational path. They go after PTI, press and foreign Pakistanis, doing exactly what they are saying they are likely to do. Issue Red notices for Pakistanis and Media. Country moves further to polarization, and Army goes fully Egypt mode. People and the Army move towards a clash and we see their core bases within Punjab and KP openly revolt. Army discipline and Formation's are eroded and we see some parts openly flout orders. Resignations and outright refusal of orders begin and we see and clash between the public and the Army. Western powers take advantage of this an given our Nuclear abilities raises issues in the UN and force direct intervention to save nuclear sites.

Horrible scenario: IK or some of the PTI supporters are hurt or killed. Open anti-Army sentiment boils over to an armed resistance. Leadership is vilified and chased, and army splits within itself from the weight of the tugs from different quarters. Foreign intervention as above stated happens as well.

The above are likely scenarios at play. In each of these the economy will be another major player, and we'll see a complete unraveling of the economic fabric of the nation. The enemies of Pakistan will use this opportunity to pump in money and links, further ripping the nation apart. In the end people will forget PML and PPP, and the Army will have to face the back lash. And no matter how many PRs they do it will not help. They will loose from all ends. They never had any natural alliance with PML and PPP, and the one potential alliance which does exist with the PTI supporters will be lost as well.

The only somewhat decent choice for Bajwa is the following: If he fails to implement the following, he and his family will face the brunt of Pakistanis wherever they go, even if it is Belgium or some other national capital. I am afraid he does not appreciate the extend of the animus that exists. Not sure how he thinks he can come out of this clean in anyway.

In the end Bajwa has two options: Martial law, and be prepared for a massive national insurgency.
Second option: conduct national elections while still army chief and find power restored back to IK, while still a chief so he has the ability to truly say I was neutral. That will be the only way to manage this crisis. No other way works for him and the Army. Another option which is a slight derivative is to have the speaker/ECP reject the resignations. Move BAP and a few others back to the PTI camp. Have another VNC, and elect IK back and then allow for a dissolution of assemblies. THIS IS THE BEST SCENARIO.

Army has lost its national support, even within its own ranks. The leadership needs to take heed and change before it harms the institution beyond what it already has. The harm to the current leaders who have participated in this intrigue is unavoidable. The question is how bad will it be. Some of the above options give them a slightly face-saving, somewhat graceful exit. For them they only have a bad choice in a list of terrible choices.
muslim-resilient.jpg

Back
Top Bottom