What's new

Imran Khan to Pakistan Army: Stay neutral

Suddenly Pakistanis face the reality and understand that the generals are those who're actually in charge.

What comes next?

For years, the entire world pointed out this obvious fact but you guys continued to live in denial.

Many sensible pakistanis already knew of this fact, the establishment, is what truly controls the country. Hopefully by the end of today everyone in pakistan will realize it.

What will come next is the same tried-and-true system, with no significant changes.
The way you talk is as if the law of nature - 'only constant is change' does not apply in Pakistan? Things will evolve. Whether now or as me move forward. Look at Turkey, the generals held sway for over 80 years before their grip began to loosen.

establishment
Frankly every country has as it's core a establishent around which the state is bound. It tends to be the pulsating heart of the country. You see this in USA, UK, Russia etc and only failed countries like Somala etc will not have a establishment.

What is more crucial is the efficacy and ability of the establishment. If the elite core can lead a society to success is what is vital.

Begairat bajwa is killing PTI members, people of Pakistan must act and gather in front of GHQ Rawalpindi to protest

Begairat bajwa is killing PTI members, people of Pakistan must act and gather in front of GHQ Rawalpindi to protest
Nothing would change he is a besharam insan. If he had any ghairat he wouldn’t have done this in first place

I fear another Spring revolution may be happening.

We pray for positive and good and stable outcome.

Great outcome what all the actors of Regime Change , PMIK has become leader of unparallel stature,
Myth of the establishment is broken.
An undesirable and unintended outcome gifted to PMIK, PTI and Awam

Many sensible pakistanis already knew of this fact, the establishment, is what truly controls the country. Hopefully by the end of today everyone in pakistan will realize it.

I don't recall that the word "establishment" has ever referred to the military in Pakistan. The armed forces were treated like a holy cow. Whatever went wrong in the country, it was never the fault of the military. The term has just been recently recoined as far as I know. Nevertheless, I hope for the best.

My problem here is twofold:

First of all, military leaders are TERRIBLE politicians.

Secondly, Imran Khan's foreign policy is plain dumb.

He antagonized the entire West with his unnecessary visit to Moscow, I remember him boycotting Erdoğan's visit in Islamabad right before he got elected, his constant rants about the US are not helping, he couldn't really utilize Pakistan's geopolitical value in his overall foreign policy concept (particularly with regards to China and the GCC).

He wasn't really successful in revolutionizing Pakistan's economy, society and education system.

I get the criticism of the generals who treat the country like a personal ATM. But what's so special about Imran Khan? Honestly, I struggle to understand why so many Pakistanis are defending him.

Please, somebody enlighten me.

@Norwegian @Indus Pakistan

We coin the term establishment alot here.

Who are the members of establishment. Names?
It's not about individuals, but a system.

The system is designed to bring corrupt guys into power while keeping clean guys out. Today, it's manned by Bajwa & Co, but tomorrow it'll be someone else. In the end, if we don't change the system, we won't actually solve the country's underlying problems. We'll swap out one status-quo agent for another.

Moreover, having a vision for an alternative system (i.e., a system that empowers the clean people and rejects the corrupt ones) is vital. There's no point in railing against the status-quo if we don't have a vision of how things should look. Slogans aren't enough. We need to a carefully crafted roadmap of how the next system should look and, in turn, trustworthy and able people to lead us through to apply it in Pakistan.

The American Revolution, for example, wasn't just about kicking out the British, it was about establishing a new order in the northeast. There was a carefully crafted vision of how the institutions would look, the laws, the key principles, the rights of states, the role of the military, etc.

It's not about individuals, but a system.

The system is designed to bring corrupt guys into power while keeping clean guys out. Today, it's manned by Bajwa & Co, but tomorrow it'll be someone else. In the end, if we don't change the system, we won't actually solve the country's underlying problems. We'll swap out one status-quo agent for another.

Moreover, having a vision for an alternative system (i.e., a system that empowers the clean people and rejects the corrupt ones) is vital. There's no point in railing against the status-quo if we don't have a vision of how things should look. Slogans aren't enough. We need to a carefully crafted roadmap of how the next system should look and, in turn, trustworthy and able people to lead us through to apply it in Pakistan.

The American Revolution, for example, wasn't just about kicking out the British, it was about establishing a new order in the northeast. There was a carefully crafted vision of how the institutions would look, the laws, the key principles, the rights of states, the role of the military, etc.
IK is not a man of revolution but perhaps he can show the people that public pressure matters thus paving way for some revolutionary mind to rise and bring change in system of course with the help of public.

I don't recall that the word "establishment" has ever referred to the military in Pakistan. The armed forces were treated like a holy cow. Whatever went wrong in the country, it was never the fault of the military. The term has just been recently recoined as far as I know. Nevertheless, I hope for the best.

My problem here is twofold:

First of all, military leaders are TERRIBLE politicians.

Secondly, Imran Khan's foreign policy is plain dumb.

He antagonized the entire West with his unnecessary visit to Moscow, I remember him boycotting Erdoğan's visit in Islamabad right before he got elected, his constant rants about the US are not helping, he couldn't really utilize Pakistan's geopolitical value in his overall foreign policy concept (particularly with regards to China and the GCC).

He wasn't really successful in revolutionizing Pakistan's economy, society and education system.

I get the criticism of the generals who treat the country like a personal ATM. But what's so special about Imran Khan? Honestly, I struggle to understand why so many Pakistanis are defending him.

@Norwegian @Indus Pakistan

What Imran Khan has done well?

• Sehat Sahulat Card (https://www.dawn.com/news/1634058)
  • Ehsaas Program (https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...-global-social-protection-measures-1.79237964)
  • Pakistan Citizen Portal
  • Ten Billion Tree Tsunami (https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...-leader-in-tackling-climate-change-1.76780340)
  • NCOC COVID Response (https://www.dawn.com/news/1633713)
  • Locust Attack Handled (https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...cust-attack-in-decades/slideshow/74706969.cms) (link 2)
  • Free floated currency
  • Legislated government must not meet deficit by simply printing money (HUGE) (link)
  • Produced record harvests of cotton, wheat and sugarcane crop (link 1) (link 2) (link 3)
  • On track to plant forty million olive trees to position Pakistan as a major producer in coming years (link 1) (link 2)
  • Exports on target to hit $50Bn by end of his tenure. $35Bn this year (link 1) (link 2)
  • Foreign Exchange reserves at record high - $24Bn (link)
  • Highest share of capacity-enhancing capital goods in imports (link 1) (link 2)
  • Reduced Current Account Deficit to 2.5% of GDP (link)
  • Increased tax revenue (on target for Rs6T this year), on target to increase tax as % of GDP from 10% to 16% by 2024 (link)
  • Achieved Primary Surplus (link)
  • Regularized remittance flow - highest remittances received. Roshan Digital Accounts (link 1) (link 2)
  • Achieved stable GDP growth rate of 4% for FY2021 and now headed towards 5.5% for FY2022 (link 1) (link 2)
  • Reduced debt-to-GDP in a year where the same metric for most others has deteriorated 10%-35% (link 1) (link 2)
  • Reduced Net Losses of State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) by 50%! (link)
  • Has started construction of 10 large dams that will see completion beyond his present tenure (link)
  • On track to build 6000 km+ of national highways during present tenure (more than any previous government) (link)
  • On track to indigenize cellphone manufacturing - 82% of cellphones now at least assembled within country. Was less than 1% when PTI came in power (link)
  • Establishment of ten SEZ (Special Economic Zones) in Punjab alone near completion (link)
  • Improved transmission capacity to 26,000 MW from 16,000 MW (link)
  • Improved recoveries on electricity bills to 97.3% from 88% (link)
  • Introduced Pakistan's first truly integrated electricity capacity enhancement plan, also called Indicative Generation Capacity Expansion Plan (IGCEP) 2021-30 - which prioritizes indigenous, low-cost and green sources of electricity generation, whilst also making sure there are adequate measures in place for evacuation/transmission and billing/recovery (link)
  • Introduced first Single National Curriculum (link)
  • Projected to reduce incidence of extreme poverty to 4% of population by 2023 (WB estimate) (link)
And remember this was at a time, when Pakistan:

• Was given to him at near-default, a fact that even Ahsan Iqbal has admitted on live TV
  • Had to go through tough but necessary adjustments because of point 1 above
  • Had to face a once-in-a-generation locust attack
  • Had to face a once-in-a-MILLENIA pandemic that devastated economies globally
  • Had to face burgeoning capacity payments and increased power prices due to contracts signed before his time
  • Had to face a corrupt bureaucracy that wanted nothing else but to choke his government
  • Faced international pressure from the US, manifested through various means, including through FATF
  • Continues to face a global, once-in-a-MILLENIA supply chain related commodity super-cycle inflation that is throwing every country in to tumult
  • Faced a media that was braying for his blood because he stopped Rs40bn "official" funding given to these houses
  • Faced a hostile judiciary and ECP
  • Faced constant blackmailing by "allies"

With regards to tangibles please refer to this post -

What Imran Khan has done well?

• Sehat Sahulat Card (https://www.dawn.com/news/1634058)
  • Ehsaas Program (https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...-global-social-protection-measures-1.79237964)
  • Pakistan Citizen Portal
  • Ten Billion Tree Tsunami (https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...-leader-in-tackling-climate-change-1.76780340)
  • NCOC COVID Response (https://www.dawn.com/news/1633713)
  • Locust Attack Handled (https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...cust-attack-in-decades/slideshow/74706969.cms) (link 2)
  • Free floated currency
  • Legislated government must not meet deficit by simply printing money (HUGE) (link)
  • Produced record harvests of cotton, wheat and sugarcane crop (link 1) (link 2) (link 3)
  • On track to plant forty million olive trees to position Pakistan as a major producer in coming years (link 1) (link 2)
  • Exports on target to hit $50Bn by end of his tenure. $35Bn this year (link 1) (link 2)
  • Foreign Exchange reserves at record high - $24Bn (link)
  • Highest share of capacity-enhancing capital goods in imports (link 1) (link 2)
  • Reduced Current Account Deficit to 2.5% of GDP (link)
  • Increased tax revenue (on target for Rs6T this year), on target to increase tax as % of GDP from 10% to 16% by 2024 (link)
  • Achieved Primary Surplus (link)
  • Regularized remittance flow - highest remittances received. Roshan Digital Accounts (link 1) (link 2)
  • Achieved stable GDP growth rate of 4% for FY2021 and now headed towards 5.5% for FY2022 (link 1) (link 2)
  • Reduced debt-to-GDP in a year where the same metric for most others has deteriorated 10%-35% (link 1) (link 2)
  • Reduced Net Losses of State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) by 50%! (link)
  • Has started construction of 10 large dams that will see completion beyond his present tenure (link)
  • On track to build 6000 km+ of national highways during present tenure (more than any previous government) (link)
  • On track to indigenize cellphone manufacturing - 82% of cellphones now at least assembled within country. Was less than 1% when PTI came in power (link)
  • Establishment of ten SEZ (Special Economic Zones) in Punjab alone near completion (link)
  • Improved transmission capacity to 26,000 MW from 16,000 MW (link)
  • Improved recoveries on electricity bills to 97.3% from 88% (link)
  • Introduced Pakistan's first truly integrated electricity capacity enhancement plan, also called Indicative Generation Capacity Expansion Plan (IGCEP) 2021-30 - which prioritizes indigenous, low-cost and green sources of electricity generation, whilst also making sure there are adequate measures in place for evacuation/transmission and billing/recovery (link)
  • Introduced first Single National Curriculum (link)
  • Projected to reduce incidence of extreme poverty to 4% of population by 2023 (WB estimate) (link)
And remember this was at a time, when Pakistan:

• Was given to him at near-default, a fact that even Ahsan Iqbal has admitted on live TV
  • Had to go through tough but necessary adjustments because of point 1 above
  • Had to face a once-in-a-generation locust attack
  • Had to face a once-in-a-MILLENIA pandemic that devastated economies globally
  • Had to face burgeoning capacity payments and increased power prices due to contracts signed before his time
  • Had to face a corrupt bureaucracy that wanted nothing else but to choke his government
  • Faced international pressure from the US, manifested through various means, including through FATF
  • Continues to face a global, once-in-a-MILLENIA supply chain related commodity super-cycle inflation that is throwing every country in to tumult
  • Faced a media that was braying for his blood because he stopped Rs40bn "official" funding given to these houses
  • Faced a hostile judiciary and ECP
  • Faced constant blackmailing by "allies"

However more than this there is the intangibles. But before I move there keep in mind PTI government was in power only for 3.5 years after decades of incumbency by Sharifs/Bhuttos. What did AKP actually achieve by 2005? And don't forget PMIK's rule sat on a wafer thin coalition whose members kept trying to gouge benefits out him knowing his rule was dependant on them. And as that coalition slipped you saw ouster of IK.

Now going to the intangibles. Imran Khan is Pakistan. He maybe ethnic Pakhtun but he unites and carries traction across Pakhtuns, Punjabi's, Kashmiris, Baloch, Sindhi's. Rest of the politicians are just reps of one ethnic group. He is above all ethnic lines, religious lines and unites the people as opposed to divides them

He is also able to inspire people because of his clean politics, charismatic personality and a man who has lived. A man who knows the modern world and the traditional. A man who has the balls to face the best in the world and stand.

he is the closest thing we have to Erdogan. I will develop on this later when I get time and cover some of issues you raised about IK.

Bajwa should be named publicly and should be trialed in court . And there should be independent inquiry done he is a corrupt person

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom