What's new

Imran Khan - This is plain silly of you to say .....

Crimes will happen regardless of what you do or how you act. But you can reduce the risk by avoiding specific actions.

That is where the problem lies - in defining those specific actions.

Waving $1 bills okay? No more than 5?

How about jeans? No skirts? Yoga pants? Or mandate burkas?

Who gets to decide? And how?

People here have a Problem with Islamic moral code. You have no permission to stand for Islamic values in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan because the Queen of England would be sad.

Let‘s abolish clothes completely because it doesn’t prevent rape! Folks, the death penalty doesn’t prevent crimes either. It’s more about a societal statement how we value specific things!

Crimes will happen regardless of what you do or how you act. But you can reduce the risk by avoiding specific actions.
Who TF is saying let's abolish clothing what imran khan said was control the vulgarity element in society from tv to movies at the end off the day men will be men especially in the subcontinent it's the harsh reality

Lol weaklings triggered
images.jpeg

Okay, good idea. Just what is vulgarity to be defined as, by whom and using what standard?
Vulgarity can be defined in many ways and everyone has their own viewpoint off it so it's best I not comment on such sensitive matters which can and will trigger many so it's best to leave that topic to the masses

Precisely the problem, that is only magnified when everyone wants their own viewpoint to be imposed on everyone else.

As if mob justice works?
Let's say vote by popularity wins it's not a perfect world not everyone can a have a piece off the cake.There is a saying "freedom off speech is not free until the serial killer does not get a say"

"Shouldn't have dressed sexually" does not apply to 99.99% of cases in Pakistan.

What about the f*cking kids aged 0-10 that pedos rape daily? Are they too "sexual" for you?! What about the random young boys who get forced into bacha bazi in KP? Are they dressed sexually too? Literally 2-3 days ago I saw a video of a child molesting "molvi" get caught and publicly beaten up. The problem is not dress. Almost every woman in Pakistan wears modest clothing (when was the last time you saw someone in bikini, shorts or miniskirt?). It is the mindset of the people that needs fixing. The fact that very few Pakistanis get proper sex education contributes greatly to this because they never learn about things like consent and basic f*cking biology.

That does not surprise me at all. Which is also why I started off by asking whether PMIK, and those who agree with him on this topic, would be able to define vulgarity to establish the standard that would be deterrent enough to prevent such violence against women. After all, I have seen black paint thrown on a billboard showing a smiling woman advertising for toothpaste, all the way to a shuttle-cock burqa'd lady being caned for lifting up her veil to buy vegetables from a cart.
However the many “fahash” material along with the prevalent sub-culture of “exotic” dancing at weddings and private events by hired women has apparently no intersection on the venn diagram of rape and vulgarities.

However the many “fahash” material along with the prevalent sub-culture of “exotic” dancing at weddings and private events by hired women has apparently no intersection on the venn diagram of rape and vulgarities.

The Venn diagram comes much later in the discussion. Let us first start with what is "fahashi" and what level of twerking defines "exotic" dancing at private functions? Do I get to decide that for you and everybody else? Or the other way around?

The Venn diagram comes much later in the discussion. Let us first start with what is "fahashi" and what level of twerking defines "exotic" dancing at private functions? Do I get to decide that for you and everybody else? Or the other way around?
It depends on the society doesn’t it - but is the society even homogeneous enough to classify it?
The French banned the hijab based upon their majority representation agreeing with it. During your time under Zia’s rule - how effective was this banning of fahashi?

It depends on the society doesn’t it - but is the society even homogeneous enough to classify it?
The French banned the hijab based upon their majority representation agreeing with it. During your time under Zia’s rule - how effective was this banning of fahashi?

LOL! General Zia's time and its approach to fahashi was hilarious, but only in retrospect. Let me just say that it was just as effective as the enforcement of nizam-e-islam, right down to the local salat committees, resulting in the ascendancy of momineen all across the board, with bejeweled legal gifts that still keep on giving to the nation. (If the French decided by majority representation, so did General Zia with his referenda.) I could go on, but why rile the crowd here with facts they do not wish to see? :D

I can only wish PMIK good luck here.

Back
Top Bottom