What's new

Imran Khan & Shaikh Rasheed tell you to stand up for your country

Not that its just about numbers, it was about the blockade... There were 100,000 People.

PTI Dharna Updates: More than 100,000 people at Dharna (NewsOne) :: News :: Support Imran Khan

Also just to remind you Imran Khan didn't have even that many. Not to mention the scores and scores of prominent figures that came up and supported Imran Khan - even from parties in his opposition.

Before underplaying the significance of the event, just listen to his closing speech, which would go down in history as the turning point of this revolution - I'm of course already convinced that victory will be ours.

This is Pakistan the entire countries leaders bow in Ji Hazoori to America, this is big, this level of defiance. All the leaders he gives Mubarak to, were the ones who kept the protest going for 2 days.

"Aap ko main Tehreek-e-Insaaf main daawat deta hoon"

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvi Memon PML-Q

Javed Hashmi PML-N (The guy is said to be very ill, battling for his life, still he came to give this message)

You can resist the truth but ultimately it will sweep all doubts away as to which side is right and which is wrong.

I remember when Long March was led by Nawaz Sharif there was a news that in between he came near a friends house and he stopped over there for Lunch :D. Imran slept with everyone body else on steel.

Although I would like to mention, then and even this time there is a media blackout of the event or at least suppression. This is the most important thing happening in our lifetime, perhaps thats why people still think the good fight is not being fought in Pakistan. But this would change. Drone attacks WILL stop.

Not that its just about numbers, it was about the blockade... There were 100,000 People.

PTI Dharna Updates: More than 100,000 people at Dharna (NewsOne) :: News :: Support Imran Khan

Also just to remind you Imran Khan didn't have even that many. Not to mention the scores and scores of prominent figures that came up and supported Imran Khan - even from parties in his opposition.

Before underplaying the significance of the event, just listen to his closing speech, which would go down in history as the turning point of this revolution - I'm of course already convinced that victory will be ours.

This is Pakistan the entire countries leaders bow in Ji Hazoori to America, this is big, this level of defiance. All the leaders he gives Mubarak to, were the ones who kept the protest going for 2 days.

"Aap ko main Tehreek-e-Insaaf main daawat deta hoon"

well like i said in my earlier post whatever i am saying is based upon the posts i am reading from this thread and was not able to update myself due to busy schedule. See while we are speaking here in this thread the numbers significantly increased after more n more people started replying to my posts. First member said 10,000 people participated in this dharna, second member corrected him by saying there were more than 50k people out there and now you have provided a source suggesting more than 100,000 people gathered in this dharna.

I think this is more about numbers game because the large crowd represent Pakistani nation and our voice will be heard loudly if more n more people can come out on the streets in protest of these drone attacks and either force government to take action against these drone attacks or pursue American government to stop violating our territories. There is no third route available at the moment

And yes - Vote for Imran Khan in next elections :pakistan:

5-10 dharna in major cities and one grand "dharna" all over Pakistan can take these drone attacks down and force American government to change her policy towards Pakistan. We need judges like movement one again and this time much more stronger since the question is on Pakistan's sovereignty and not benefiting certain individuals only.

well we gathered in UK for a good cause during Iraq war and we managed to take 2 million people out on the streets. Imagine 2 million people coming out to protest against War on Terror on Iraq considering we have a population of only 62 million people. Thats quite an achievement in my opinion especially when you see Iraq war was not their internal matter and a global affair having minor effects inside the country.

Pakistan is a country of 180 million people and everyone is fed up of these drone attacks... there must have been million+ or couple of million people standing behind him. Its not only a political campaign but the dignity of our country is on stake and we must defend our dignity regardless of the political, cultural or cast differences.

10,000 considering a population of 180 million is very disappointing. But like other members said there were 50,000 people + so i take it as consolation hehe

I can give you example of Lebanon, but the point is Pakistan has its own dynamics of politics, kill 30-40 people by state forces and think you would survive as president is out of question, as compared to Syria where Bishar ul asad is doing breakfast with this number of dead people on daily basis...

10,000 is a great number, people were coming and going...according to their convince... consider would you mother let you be in a protest where chances are of brutal baton charge by police, firing, killing,suicidal bombing and maybe drone ?

Everyone in Pakistan please take some holidays off work, distrbute Imran Khans speeches to the poor and join the protests, a little bit of effort will save the future of your children and country.

I intend to join in protests in the UK to do my bit. :pakistan:

Imran Khan seems to be a patriot and is gearing up for the next elections as all political parties are.
But there is one thing; does he have the support to get him seats in the NA ?
Protesting is one thing. but actual street power is another. He appeals more to the slightly better educated section of society; the same as P.Musharraf. What are I.Khan's plans once Musharraf comes back (despite being named in a trial) ? And how does he intend to solve Pakistan's problems ?

Our main issue is a weak economy; the root of most of our problems. We can always find an economist to handle the issue. But we need someone who understands money itself, not merely economics which just considers the flow of money.

Does PTI or any other party have someone like that ?

Excellent turnout in peshawar considering that if there's a group of 5+ people in main city they are rounded up by security forces and asked for NADRA then made to split up and leave. Also there is a ring of steel in peshawar and its otherwise known as barricade city.

Imran khan has balls... Big giant brass balls and principles. Something which has been rare in Pakistans leaders for some time now.

And yes - Vote for Imran Khan in next elections :pakistan:

I have read and heard a lot about him(as a politician)...Did watch few talk shows and every time he speaks it gives me an inclination that he gets very emotional.....This is not a good sign....Anyhow it would be interesting to see electoral results in next elections in PAK

Imran Khan seems to be a patriot and is gearing up for the next elections as all political parties are.
But there is one thing; does he have the support to get him seats in the NA ?
Protesting is one thing. but actual street power is another. He appeals more to the slightly better educated section of society; the same as P.Musharraf. What are I.Khan's plans once Musharraf comes back (despite being named in a trial) ? And how does he intend to solve Pakistan's problems ?

Our main issue is a weak economy; the root of most of our problems. We can always find an economist to handle the issue. But we need someone who understands money itself, not merely economics which just considers the flow of money.

Does PTI or any other party have someone like that ?

Consult reports by Insaf research wing.

Back
Top Bottom