What's new

Imran Khan presser; complete account to election rigging allegations & why long march necessary..

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Imran Khan presser; complete account to election rigging allegations & why long march necessary for bringing real democracy and ending nawaz's badshahat..

How does deposing an elected government help with electoral reforms?

there is a confusion amongst analysts in the media. PTI's primary demand is not electoral reforms but electoral accountability. IK has said at few occasions that if existing laws (even though they need improvement) are implemented, free and fair elections will be ensured. Henceforth, dissolution of government does not cause any obstacle in PTI's game plan for free and fair elections since electoral accountability can be carried out by the interim govt aswell.

Everyone should know this distinction between electoral accountability and electoral reforms to understand the deadlock.

there is a confusion amongst analysts in the media. PTI's primary demand is not electoral reforms but electoral accountability. IK has said at few occasions that if existing laws (even though they need improvement) are implemented, free and fair elections will be ensured. Henceforth, dissolution of government does not cause any obstacle in PTI's game plan for free and fair elections since electoral accountability can be carried out by the interim govt aswell.

Everyone should know this distinction between electoral accountability and electoral reforms to understand the deadlock.

Everybody should also keep in mind another basic tenet: WAIT FOR THE NEXT ELECTIONS!

(or pass a No Confidence Motion in Parliament. There is no other third option here.)

Everybody should also keep in mind another basic tenet: WAIT FOR THE NEXT ELECTIONS!

(or pass a No Confidence Motion in Parliament. There is no other third option here.)

my post wasnt in support of anyone but only highlighting an important distinction.

my post wasnt in support of anyone but only highlighting an important distinction.

I appreciate that Sir, but my post was intended to emphasize something even more basic that the fine distinction you described for the benefit of those who seem to be led by emotions rather than logic, not you.

Back
Top Bottom