Imran Khan Orders to Launch E-Voting System for Next Elections

Morpheus

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran Khan Orders to Launch E-Voting System for Next Elections

Posted 42 mins ago by Haroon Hayder

Biometric-voting-machine-e1505716446628.jpg

The PTI-led federal government is making efforts to introduce an e-voting system in the next general elections to ensure impartiality and transparency.

During a press briefing after a recent cabinet meeting, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shibli Faraz, said that Prime Minister Imran Khan has issued directions to concerned authorities to expedite efforts to introduce the e-voting system.

The Minister added that PM Imran also expressed his desire to include overseas Pakistanis in the next general elections because they have been central to the economic progress of the country.

While speaking about the upcoming Senate elections, the Minister reiterated that PM Imran’s open ballot efforts for Senate elections will ensure transparency in the electoral process.

In November 2020, PM Imran had announced electoral reforms for free and fair elections in the country.

The reforms included an e-voting system for general elections, open balloting through a show of hands during Senate elections, and allowing overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Finally a robust voting mechanism and right to vote for overseas Pakistanis. I really wish this is done, tested and implemented across entire country before next elections and is dry run during by-elections as test case in at least a few constituencies.

Finally a robust voting mechanism and right to vote for overseas Pakistanis. I really wish this is done, tested and implemented across entire country before next elections and is dry run during by-elections as test case in at least a few constituencies.
Picture this: MPA's MNA's to go the way of the dodo when all you need for public policy making is to put an issue out to vote and get it from the e-voting system. No need of representatives when a citizen can make his voice heard on multiple issues just on a click of a button.

Will media and opposition allow it to happen?

While the idea is good but no country in the world has internet voting. The reason being even the most secure servers are not a hundred percent secure and considering how regularly our 90s standard government websites get hacked I have alot of doubts on the capability of ECP and NADRA to develop an internet voting mechanism for overseas.

I don't think that PM meant internet voting. shibli must be confusing it with Electronic Voting Machine (EVM)

View attachment 717765

Electronic voting in the United States - Wikipedia
No no... So from previous reports they were going to take two steps. EVM for local voters and internet voting for overseas. My comment was for internet voting. EVMs have been used quite successfully in next door India as well and honestly we should have done it already too. Will stop the nonsense chants of dhandli dhandli after every election.

What is the potential to use blockchain technology to help build this?

I believe that electronic voting is the easiest system to rig.

It has to be secure and all the holes best be closed. BJP won election by manipulating the e-voting machines system. Search for guy name Shujaat, he was killed later.

Can't secure simple data yet want E-Balloting.

Talk about aiming high while being high
No data is secure in this world. If you know any please let us know.

Wikileaks remember. But ofcourse you have to say against something which PTI is doing right.

No data is secure in this world. If you know any please let us know.

Wikileaks remember. But ofcourse you have to say against something which PTI is doing right.

PTI does not have the intellectual capacity to legislate for such matter.

Back
Top Bottom