What's new

IMPORTANT and Updated, A Letter: It is never to late to change the education system

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LimaCharlie

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXTRACT FROM A LETTER TO MY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER WHO STARTED A YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO CONVEY MESSAGES TO THE
ADMINISTRATION
IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT I HAVE EVEN SHORTENED THIS SMALL EXTRACT FOR A QUICK READ. SORRY FOR IT NOT BEING PRESENTABLE.

A.O.A
Ma'am

First of all, congratulations on your YouTube channel. Being a content creator myself, I am aware that 300 subscribers in 3 days is by no means, an easy task. In two
years, I myself have only managed to gain 139 subscribers. 300 subs in three days is nothing short of a miracle. As you said earlier, the purpose of this channel is to
carry the messages, concerns and suggestions of the people to the administrations. I have graduated from the school you teach in and I am now in high school. however, I believe that
if a formidable and commendable system can be established even at an elementary school level, it can be replicated across APS and possibly the country. Our education system
suffers from one of the worst things that ruin learning and growth and it is in a desolate state.

1. Autonomy

One of the most basic things which makes a school system more efficient and friendly is autonomy. Autonomy allows thinking beyond restrictions, out of the box and develops
character and responsibility. The first thing which our schools lack is autonomy. Having studied here, the amount of restrictions placed on students is unbearable and frustrating even though I am a strict advocate of rules and regulations and want almost everything to adhere to a set of rules.
There are restrictions on almost everything. Such restrictions which are observed in the military, which made the school look more of a military academy than an elementary school, I fully understand that this is an army run school but on the same time it is a lot better than govt. run schools where children are herded like sheep. This is generally done to maintain and encourage discipline but there is a wide gulf between discipline and this. No such system exists elsewhere and the rest of the world is light years ahead of us in education and in producing good and responsible citizens. The main purpose of all this is to teach punctuality, however, our people forget punctuality while travelling abroad and never coming back. Such a system never produces the result of 10 or so years of force-fed grooming like this. This was something I loathed during my stay at this school,to not treat a person as a person with conscience and morals, all types of people exist in society but a minority of them cause the implementation of these rules on other pupils. this dangerously restricts broader thinking, developing a sense of right and wrong and innovation.
For instance, in my time and probably now

• going past the wisdom tree, as I recall it, is forbidden
  • Buying a cold drink is forbidden
  • There are Unacceptable invasions in personal life
  • Persecution based on rich vs poor
  • Persecution based on caste and colour (absolutely unacceptable)
  • Long assemblies, standing for hours in the scorching sun of Lahore.
  • Use of physical force, whereas only a warning letter and a large fine hurts more than a real slap, which has no effect whatsoever (personal observation)
  • Controversial religious and political discussions with zero relevance to subject matter.
and millions of things which I can list.
'Bura hal hai'

Last edited:
Other points mentioned in detail with possible solutions include:

• Proportioning autonomy and regulations; how much freedom is too much
  • Ideological development and force-fed, often radical ideas
  • Language and literature
  • Purification of the urdu language; how urdu over the centuries, forgot itself
  • Religious and political debates in classrooms; extremely dangerous play
  • Character of the teacher
  • Encouraging different fields and professions
  • Eliminating toxic nationalism with pure devotion to state
  • Putting down extremist ideologies which threaten to infect others with an iron hand
  • Discipline vs cruelty
  • Revolutionising islamiat; teaching what islam actually teaches
  • Sectarianism; more dangerous than the enemy itself
  • Know your enemies ; instability, famine, corruption is a worse enemy than israel and india
  • The urdu subject; Commendable ideas need to be brought forth to enlighten us instead of mirza ghalib ko aam pasand the
  • Ratta system; Qualified examiners and my hatred for ratta
  • Role of parents; tarbiyat starts at home
  • Culture vs filth; safai nifs emaan
  • Importance of international image
  • Teaching about topics like economy, HDI, passport power, gdp, urban development, religion and tourism
  • Slapping vs slapping a fine; I'll have to go through this one in detail here
Slapping vs slapping a fine
Kids usually have their parents work their a** off all their life just so they can have a financially stable future for their family. This leads to cases where often the parents forget education and hand over a business to the kid a handsome amount of money, which in both cases does not end well
  • Number one leads to a corrupt imbecile with no education whatsoever leave economy, business etc
  • Number two leads to the squandering fools who then end up surrounded by debts. A slap and a warning is therefore not sufficient for them cause they know that this is just a bluff. A 5000 PKR fine plus an authentic warning with a few expulsions as examples are enough for them to know their place.

Bonus point
Uniform curriculum

P.S im almost 16 years old and on the verge of graduating tenth grade if someone knows someone in the education system please pass it on. I,ve had enough..

Back
Top Bottom