What's new

IMF sets very tough conditions for Pak to receive bailout package, shows no flexibility

Three things:

1 - Allah ki rassi ko mazbooti se thamay rakho aur tafarruqay main na paro..
2 - Sood Allah aur uss ke Rasool ke khilaaf jang
3 - Jis qaum main influentials ko chhor diya jaey aur ghareeb ko saza di jaey.. woh tabah..

Hum in 3 pe poora utartay hain aur ummeed oil ki laga ke baithay hain.. abb tou apnay aap pe hansi bhi nahi aati qasam se...

Well said. And that tabahi will come in the form of a bloody safaya, sooner than we think!

Nothing will happen shane.. Almost everyone is corrupt in my country.. Just see what's in store for Pakistan in the coming future.. I don't see a light to be honest..

The establishment that considers saving Pakistan its prime duty couldn't identify the real enemies.. People rank ISI as one of the top, I would rank it as one of the worst.. It was establishment that played a game between two corrupt regimes (IJI/PMLN and PPP) and in between, it made its own profits....

And our judiciary?? Al Amaan Al Hafeez.. Aur Awam? Wah.. no example in the history of mankind.

Three things:

1 - Allah ki rassi ko mazbooti se thamay rakho aur tafarruqay main na paro..
2 - Sood Allah aur uss ke Rasool ke khilaaf jang
3 - Jis qaum main influentials ko chhor diya jaey aur ghareeb ko saza di jaey.. woh tabah..

Hum in 3 pe poora utartay hain aur ummeed oil ki laga ke baithay hain.. abb tou apnay aap pe hansi bhi nahi aati qasam se...
The third point is directly related to why we are having this discussion.

I get what you are saying but there is another side to it too, after all, mayyosi bhe tu gunnah hay. Ignore my arguments as just optimism.

1. Taffarqa is in every society, even western.
2. Sood is the western society itself and even in every Muslim countries. At least we have the choice of Islamic Banking like some other Muslim countries.
3. The third point is exactly the reason we are having this discussion...the bane of our lives...equal justice for all...that's why we need to cull the Elitist menace strangulating our society and Justice system.

The three points you mentioned are absolutely correct but then the question arises, which other country qualifies all the three?

The situation of other societies is absolutely horrendous in our neighborhood, except for Islands of economic prosperity in places.

So other than the bad economic condition, keeping in mind the horrors in our neighborhood, aren't we better off coming out of bad law and order situation with lesser and lesser religious extremism?

Our economic vows are threatening to destroy us. Isn't it the reason why our enemy is hell bent to destroy us economically using FATF and trade warfare.
Isn't it the reason why India loved Sharifs in power and wants Sharifs back in power?

The thick skulls in establishment and judiciary should realize that they are going to be the ones actually responsible for the destruction of this country if they allow the corrupt to get away in the name of any shape or form of compromise...enough was enough a long time ago.

My arguments are not actually directed at you my friend, like I said before...Ignore my arguments as just optimism.

Well said. And that tabahi will come in the form of a bloody safaya, sooner than we think!
Safaya kis ka?

aadhi se ziada qaum ka safaya karna parega... hosakta hai sirf bachay reh jaein..

The third point is directly related to why we are having this discussion.

I get what you are saying but there is another side to it too, after all, mayyosi bhe tu gunnah hay. Ignore my arguments as just optimism.

1. Taffarqa is in every society, even western.
2. Sood is the western society itself and even in every Muslim countries. At least we have the choice of Islamic Banking like some other Muslim countries.
3. The third point is exactly the reason we are having this discussion...the bane of our lives...equal justice for all...that's why we need to cull the Elitist menace strangulating our society and Justice system.

The three points you mentioned are absolutely correct but then the question arises, which other country qualifies all the three?

The situation of other societies is absolutely horrendous in our neighborhood, except for Islands of economic prosperity in places.

So other than the bad economic condition, keeping in mind the horrors in our neighborhood, aren't we better off coming out of bad law and order situation with lesser and lesser religious extremism?

Our economic vows are threatening to destroy us. Isn't it the reason why our enemy is hell bent to destroy us economically using FATF and trade warfare.
Isn't it the reason why India loved Sharifs in power and wants Sharifs back in power?

The thick skulls in establishment and judiciary should realize that they are going to be the ones actually responsible for the destruction of this country if they allow the corrupt to get away in the name of any shape or form of compromise...enough was enough a long time ago.

My arguments are not actually directed at you my friend, like I said before...Ignore my arguments as just optimism.
Jo mulk Islam ke naam pe bana tha.. uss main tou yeh sab nahi hona chahiey tha..

So we can't compare Pakistan with anyother country..

And Muslim countries? every Muslim country is being humiliated in one way or the other..

Khair aap bhi yaheen hain aur main bhi yaheen hun.. dekhtay hain kia banta hai mulk ka.. mujhay kuchh acha nazar nahi aaraha..

Before we bash the FM any further, atleast wait for something official or some details from a reliable news agency.
Any way here are unofficial details:
https://dunyanews.tv/en/Business/486720-Bailout-Package-IMF-sets-tough-conditions-for-Pakistan-

@Nilgiri @VCheng @ziaulislam

Apart from the removal of tax break on salaries from rs 1.2mil to rs 400k ... I dont see anything tough or anything bad that shouldnt be done anhway to reform our economy? Maybe the 1% increase in GST?

Here are some main points reported so far (still unofficial)

1) State Bank authority of decisions regarding dollar rate and make National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA), Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) independent.

I think on the book this means govt wont be able to control rates directly. Now off the book how “independent” an institution can really get in Pakistan? I still think this is a needed reform in the long run as it will remove poltical interference and help us balance losses. I am interested to kmow how we can make them independent but at least give the govt options to mediate in prices and rates to a certain extent if needed.

2) the target of tax should be fixed at Rs5000 billion.

This wil be tough only if we fail to broaden our tax base. Maybe temporarily until we broaden tax base and add new taxpayers - i mean a population of 200 million with ~2milion taxpayers is just shameful.

3) The Fund further demanded to decrease electricity and gas losses. Government should not interfere in the decisions of National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) and Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA). As many as Rs140billion outstanding of the electricity and gas should be recovered from masses.

No $#it - we should all pay our bills and govt should remove losses and collect outstanding bills. This latharginess of not collecting bills and holding offenders responsible has to end some day I guess!!

4) The tax relaxation should be brought down to Rs400,000 from Rs1.2 million.

This I think is a tough condition as it will hit the middle class salaried households.

@BHarwana question specially for you: So i guess we are now going for IMF bailout or you have still have some twist to report?

Last edited:
Indians, if khangress wins RaGa will bring this economic state to India :(:(:(

Please vote for India, please vote BJP.

Where did IK claim he will fix everything in 100 days... can you please give me the link? I travelled from Canada to Pak just to vote, all that time and effort wasted. Should instead have voted for the Sharifs atleast they wouldn't have given us any hopes right? :partay:
https://tribune.com.pk/story/342104...n-in-19-days-terrorism-in-90-days-imran-khan/

I can find you HUNDREDS of clips, articles and PTI press releases where such bullshit was said.

This is a God sent opportunity. Absolutely annihilate the evildoers for once and for all.

Imran Khan needs to do a clean sweep here. Fvck the measured response. No more diplomacy. Get in there and start slaughtering the corrupt savages. Name them and shame them. Start a judicial witch hunt. Indiscriminately expose and punish these corrupt bastards. Go after their loved ones. Do whatever necessary. Waterboarding should be allowed. Torture? Amen to that.

No more patting on the back of the corrupt bureaucracy. No more leniency for those that evade tax. Compile a hit list and start a massive crusade.

Imran Khan was voted to clean up the system. Not to wear gloves and treat hyenas like little babies.

If Asad Umar or anyone else doesn't comply to this tough approach they need to be shown the exit door.

War has come. We need to prepare for war. These motherfvckers won't understand the language of civility. We need a radical approach here.

Simple questions for you....Jehangir Tareen was convicted as a corrupt thief (and was known as one for decades before) why hasn't IK done anything to him? Aleem Khan in NAB custody...IK silent. Who said Chaudhary was "Punjab ka sabsey bara dakoo"?? IK....and what did he make him? Oh and lets not forget his own sister.

Sad reality is that PTI promised clean govt but other than IK himself it is as corrupt as any previous govt. And worse, it is completely incompetent.

Have you seen the pictures of Peshawar BRT? Who is responsible for that? Who is responsible for increase of domestically produced food prices?? On every level this govt has shown itself to be filled with cheap opportunists, incompetent fools and the collected garbage of other parties.

D38EtvrUwAgKq4P.jpg

Its sums up very well past 8 months performance of this Govt.
They are literally still standing on D-Chowk Container.

@PakSword @Path-Finder @Farah Sohail @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Moonlight @Major Sam

Moving on from earlier >post<...

The current scenario in which the government is making mistakes and showing inexperience in its management affairs was expected from any inexperienced political team and a come what may, stubborn PM coming to power for the first time and that they will need at least a year to sort themselves and their management issues out, it is only human.

But the situation is compounded because the economy is in crisis due mainly to the mammoth debt crater left by 10 years of unprecedented borrowing, loot and plunder.

The situation is also magnified because of some key bad choices of IK Government other than Buzdar, like Gov State Bank and then there is the Punjab/Center bureaucracy where the corrupt are entrenched everywhere who want the old system to survive and yet IK appointed the very cronies of Sharif's and expected a different result? Lol.

The situation is further magnified because the government has to pay back that mammoth debt discussed earlier by inevitably going on another IMF package. According to the pro government economic experts, all other aspects and possibilities of economic recovery have been exhausted like tourism etc even Oil&Gas, but it is all still a hit or miss and even a big hit is only beneficial in the long run.

There is however a relatively quicker path to gain some economic breathing space for the poor people of Pakistan, all be it a drastic one...at the expense of the financially corrupt including PPP and PMLN leadership and their aiders and abetters...so be it, who cares.

The solution is a Pakistani derivative of the Saudi model i.e. to make criminals pay back the loot.

The Government should sit with the establishment and judiciary to work out and bring an ordinance against the economic pirates, their aiders and abetters. The posters here are requested to give their input as to how we can come up with some better laws than the ones suggested below...Something along the lines of the following off the cuff:
  • In case of such financial crimes involving public money or public property in excess of a hundred million rupees(or more), the case shall be Fast tracked in courts. Three months in trial court and one month each for appeals and review.
  • The punishment for such white collar financial crimes and jail terms from now onwards shall be double of earlier.
  • Once convicted, the criminals shall be put in common jails and cells. (No "home or rest house" sub jail luxuries)
  • If the convict opts for plea bargain then they shall be free to go after completion of 1 year jail term. The benefit of early ple bargain shall entitle the convict to get A class in jail for the remainder of the aforementioned 1 year reduced sentence. The plea bargaining convict shall stand disqualified for only 10 years (instead of life DQ) to hold any public office.
  • If the convict does not do plea bargain then two generations of his/her blood line (of the economic pirate) shall be disqualified to hold any position in Government (the two generations still can run for elections and become common members but not hold any position of power in government.)
  • The convict shall not get any class, or special treatment in jail.
  • There shall be no bail allowed to convict during appeals.

To simply put it in so many words; If they don't plea bargain then they can rot in common jail cells without any facilities for the rest of their lives...

The nature of affluent, white collar, elitist criminals is such that they will not be able to spend a week in any of our common jail cells. If they still develop guts and dont pay up, then good for them to live like those they looted - like majority of Pakistan - instead of ever be able to enjoy their looted wealth.

The bottom line, the reason for this is Pakistan and it should be clear; If we, the educated masses couldn't prevent the economic destruction of Pakistan at the hands these white collar criminals then we might as well try to avenge it using the law.

if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...Grow up.

Ok international money fraud (IMF).

IMF: how can we get more & more interest rate, but amazingly according to our own conditions.

Answer: tough conditions on a targeted nation so they can't be progressive ever because the flow of money will always be toward our side in one way or another.

Last edited:
Establishment is equally responsible for letting them bankrupt the country.

Establishment left all the doors open and now blaming corrupt mafia for bankrupting the country.

The problem is the establishment itself is morally corrupt...if they were upright ppl then the country would have been in a much better state

D38EtvrUwAgKq4P.jpg

Its sums up very well past 8 months performance of this Govt.
They are literally still standing on D-Chowk Container.

if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...Grow up.
I see that some have indeed Grown up on loot ka maal Tammo Rani.
images (7).jpeg

Apart from the removal of tax break on salaries from rs 1.2mil to rs 400k ... I dont see anything tough or anything bad that shouldnt be done anhway to reform our economy? Maybe the 1% increase in GST?

At least Mr Umar in his latest statement in the US has admitted the need for structural reforms. We still need to wait for the final form of the bailout and what, if any, structural changes that are indeed carried out as a result:

https://www.dawn.com/news/1475776/bailout-package-with-imf-almost-worked-out-asad

"Mr Umar said he could not recall the last time a government in Pakistan had not inherited a balance of payments crisis and sought IMF help. “The pattern has remained the same, in 1988, 1999, 2008, 2013 and 2018,” he said, acknowledging that “there is something, obviously, structurally wrong” with the economic policies followed by successive governments.

“While there may be specific decisions that contribute to this, or people who may be responsible, but there is clearly something structural at play which goes beyond personalities and decisions,” he said."

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom