What's new

IMF pegs India's GDP growth for 2012-13 at 7%

i suppose FDI flow will boost growth to double digits.
well. i say we want to beat china growth rate...
No doubt we want our growth rate in double digit....But not at the cost of local retailer......and if they still want to come to India..then certain condition should be imposed on them....
1}they can't hold more 49% stake in the Indian company....

2}they are not aloud to sell Imported Goods..specialy Chineese...

3}Atleast 50% of the companies profit will be invested in local industry....

Ab aaja aata hai to.:..otherwise go to hell who cares...

FDI in retail is welcome but with some safeguards atleast..lest we don't become the another chinese dumpground..we should have our own manufacturing industrial base so that those retail giants can source it from here it self rather then sniffing around ...quite like the chinese model they opened it up but they had all the resources to fill those retail stores and that on large scale with cheap prices...so utmost care is required in there..my 2 cents.

If only you welcome retail sector investment, those giants like Walmart, you can hardly reject anything from global supply chain.

you have to decide what's your competitive advantage. bury your head into the storm does not help.

plus to retail giants such as walmart, their mission is to shoot down local competitors, globalization is their goal since they benefit the most. taking you to their wars and you have to be prepared.

If only you welcome retail sector investment, those giants like Walmart, you can hardly reject anything from global supply chain.

you have to decide what's your competitive advantage. bury your head into the storm does not help.

plus to retail giants such as walmart, their mission is to shoot down local competitors, globalization is their goal since they benefit the most. taking you to their wars and you have to be prepared.

really stick to anti indian themes.. leave economics alone pleaseeeee and let's drop the fake concerns for the indian market while we are at it.

FDI in retail is welcome but with some safeguards atleast..lest we don't become the another chinese dumpground..we should have our own manufacturing industrial base so that those retail giants can source it from here it self rather then sniffing around ...quite like the chinese model they opened it up but they had all the resources to fill those retail stores and that on large scale with cheap prices...so utmost care is required in there..my 2 cents.

One has to understand what the bill is. It is not about bringing in foreign products into you countries that can't be brought in anyways. It's about opening better supply chain system, a distribution network ( china has it too / they passed it ). It's about more opportunities for the local manufacturing in India's case because you have the " cheaper labor " base. In the US it has not harmed mom and pop's , rather grown strip malls around wal marts and big retail stores, which have increased mom and pop stores , other business and opportunities for small business .

It's about putting billions in investment that is missing from your pool now. These big boys want to do that and in partnership with Indians but if they have a majority stake. Again- this model has been adopted by china too awhile back. It is a proven success...

really stick to anti indian themes.. leave economics alone pleaseeeee

that's not anti India (if you stop a second of your defensive mindset), I wish the best of your country.

but what I said is just a harsh fact, to all developing nations. what's the mission of those retail giants into India, I would be happy if you share some thoughts on that.

it's obviously up on board. Lagarde is trying to convince "India" to send more taxpayer's money to saving the downing continent named Europe, if you call that obssess.....

do you know what a loan is ( it is not aid)?

do you know what countries who offer loans to IMF get in return?

do you know who influences IMF , which contributors?

Forget it- as I said stick to simple anti indian themes

haha. it's like committing suicide...
we know well that these giant malls dont sell cheap.

it will be just like of past.
British cheaply produce stuffs here.... process it in britain... sell it to us itself with 200% extra cost...
:rofl::rofl:

hope the city dwellers aren't wise enough to fell for that trap :)

very very old mind set...I could see thousands of big mall in the Indian cities....so we have already committed suicide...

with no major reforms coming up the growth story of india will suffer & after looking at present condition of UPA govt i don't think major reforms will be introduced in near future.

with no major reforms coming up the growth story of india will suffer & after looking at present condition of UPA govt i don't think major reforms will be introduced in near future.

many reforms have happened in last 8 yrs but some major ones still need to be done. manmohan is now preparing battleground for fight for reforms. he has already promised to all the industrialists that reforms wil be done before nxt elections. pranab mukherjee has said that we r ready to bite the bullet for reforms. they r soon putting up reforms in parliament. it will be upto bjp. if they oppose it they wont happen if they dont then hurray. and after bjp reforms will have to pass the mamta banerjee test.

haha. it's like committing suicide...
we know well that these giant malls dont sell cheap.

it will be just like of past.
British cheaply produce stuffs here.... process it in britain... sell it to us itself with 200% extra cost...
:rofl::rofl:

hope the city dwellers aren't wise enough to fell for that trap :)

That is BS that is being sold to us by idiotic politicians who are just blocking it for petty politics...Have you been to Reliance Fresh/Big Bazaar's etc??? It is common sense that those who have volume of sales can afford to sell cheap.....Look FDI in retails bring lot of benefits for the consumers like you and me....This is a long topic so i will cut it short here...This is a fact..Allow FDI in retail and add 1% to whatever number we otherwise will get in GDP...

No doubt we want our growth rate in double digit....But not at the cost of local retailer......and if they still want to come to India..then certain condition should be imposed on them....
1}they can't hold more 49% stake in the Indian company....

2}they are not aloud to sell Imported Goods..specialy Chineese...

3}Atleast 50% of the companies profit will be invested in local industry....

Ab aaja aata hai to.:..otherwise go to hell who cares...

This is looking at only one angle..I as a consumer who is manifolds in numbers as compared to those retailers should also be considered, no???

OMG only at 7% sorry india that aint enough to overtake china in so and so years and it also means india will always behind china .

OMG only at 7% sorry india that aint enough to overtake china in so and so years and it also means india will always behind china .
thanks for the concern.:meeting::hang2::girl_wacko:

thanks for the concern.:meeting::hang2::girl_wacko:

Back
Top Bottom