What's new

'I'm really scared': Miss World Canada says father threatened in China

I suppose if I were to read Chinese media there wouldn't be ANY bashing of the US?
The difference is we don't read your media because we don't give a sh*t if they talk bad about us,

You are correct, actually I am also tired of caring about it. Frankly speaking, I have not read any American medias for recent 2 years. Again and again, almost those similar content, feel boring finally.

It's OK that you can't read Chinese media. But please don't give your excuse for why US media bash China. Fact is there.

You can stop now.

@Place Of Space @Peter C

You are correct, actually I am also tired of caring about it. Frankly speaking, I have not read any American medias for recent 2 years. Again and again, almost those similar content, feel boring finally.

Then you are talking out of your @ss about US media?

Edit: Fair enough jkroo

There are chaos everyday in China. China is changing so fast every day.
We have too much things to care about rather than these activist or foreign media.
We usually care more about house price, cars, stocks, salary, foods, etc..

I suppose if I were to read Chinese media there wouldn't be ANY bashing of the US?
The difference is we don't read your media because we don't give a sh*t if they talk bad about us,
You have over a billion people in your country. If the US government can fund some group that can make even a dent in your system then you should be pretty damn worried about how fragile your society is.

I don't want to defend anything anymore, but just answer some question, maybe they are stupid questions.

So the security forces scares her father and relatives, instead of backing down, she "speaks out." China has been known to go ahead with imprisonment regardless of what the Western establishment says, this is hardly a smart move.

Second, the Chinese internal security has a lot of experience, what did they expect her to do? Even if she backs down now it would look like she's being threatened anyways, which makes this dumb move either way. Especially since from the looks of it, she didn't get any instructions on how to construct a story.

Chinese agents by now should know Westerners are willing to believe anything negative about China, why rock the boat when....

Third, Miss World, what the hell is that, her "human rights" movie is so insignificant, 10 google search later, still no result. BTW I'm in Canada. I would have never heard of her, almost everyone would have never heard of her, even now most people still don't know her, why do this? Or how did the Chinese agents know about her?

Fourth, she even admits partly that she got it because she's "outspoken" against China. Incentive.

Fifth, even if China did want to stop her, there's a hundred ways to do it far easier and cleaner, why go through the stupidest way possible. Again refer to Westerners would believe anything negative on China, so making it seem implausible is out, since nobody other than a few would think so.

China isn't innocent, but so far it has proven, it isn't stupid. This would be a stupid move. Who's more likely to be stupid? Her? Or the entire Chinese security establishment.

Or perhaps few Chinese security officers. It is not like everything comes from the top, a lot of stupid decisions are made by random people.

Like the decision to arrest those feminist activists.

Wow, it is appalling to see how many people resort to name-calling and premature accusations just because one individual decided to speak her mind in a country where freedom reigns supreme.

Read the article; nowhere did Ms. Lin say that the rationale behind her father's encounter was definitely due to what she had said on stage. To see people attacking her due to a divergence of opinion is a blemish on what Canadian society stands for.

Back
Top Bottom