What's new

I'm going to settle in Australia - Any Suggestions?

Its funny to see people bad mouthing Australians as racists when they are hosting millions of immigrants. There are hundreds and thousands of Indians there who are leading a happy life. It is just not fair to stereotype the entire country on the basis of few incidences. @OP, you will definitely be safer in Australia than in Pakistan. Good luck!

Its funny to see people bad mouthing Australians as racists when they are hosting millions of immigrants. There are hundreds and thousands of Indians there who are leading a happy life. It is just not fair to stereotype the entire country on the basis of few incidences. @OP, you will definitely be safer in Australia than in Pakistan. Good luck!

Almost all the Pakistani members here are just being sarcastic whereas the Indian members are discussing the issues faced by immigrants in Australia.

They are safer in Australia than they are India and hence the migration.

Almost all the Pakistani members here are just being sarcastic whereas the Indian members are discussing the issues faced by immigrants in Australia.

They are safer in Australia than they are India and hence the migration.

Of course Australia is safer than India. But the sarcasm here is based on belief that they are racist, conveniently ignoring the fact that Indians and Pakistanis are some of the most racist people on Earth.

Lol @ the indians!!!! i mean Pakistanis r being sarcastic while the indians r like being serious.

P.S=aussies r the best ppl...... and all the Pakistanis would agree.

@Jayron... its the indians who talk abt racist aussies not Pakistanis....... So ur logic is again a failure.

Of course Australia is safer than India. But the sarcasm here is based on belief that they are racist, conveniently ignoring the fact that Indians and Pakistanis are some of the most racist people on Earth.

I am sure that the OP knows the situation in Australia and he has probably decided to move there for a better future.

As for Paks and Indians being racist, yeah they are very racist.

But as they say, what goes around comes around.

Lol @ the indians!!!! i mean Pakistanis r being sarcastic while the indians r like being serious.

P.S=aussies r the best ppl...... and all the Pakistanis would agree.

@Jayron... its the indians who talk abt racist aussies not Pakistanis....... So ur logic is again a failure.

OP is a Pakistani asking about racism in Australia.

Hay guys..

I am going to settle in Australia in around 4-5 months time from now. I've got family migration but I might be moving alone first to settle accommodation etc. I don't know anybody there.. don't know how's it going to look like, don't know how people are there and what are economic activities. So i'm bit of blind of where I am heading towards.

I am looking for some advice from People who have been there or are living in Australia. So guide me how much cash should I bring, what kind of job can I get easily and what is the best place to land in Australia and settle down. So far I have Sydney in mind.

I want to do import business by staying there.. what are the procedures of starting that. & Can I run online stores. I'm not rich but have got some hard-earned money which I want to spend wisely. If I want to do some local business there.. what should be that?

And finally.. are Australians really offensive to Indians? I'm not Indian but I might be taken as being one and if I tell them i'm from Pakistan would that count? :D

I'm sure one of our members "Develpereo" can help answer your inquiry. He's a Pakistani living in Australia and I think he is better informed about the situation there.

The best person to contact is Aeronot/BlackBlood. He is in Australia and knows that part well.

Hay guys..

I am going to settle in Australia in around 4-5 months time from now. I've got family migration but I might be moving alone first to settle accommodation etc. I don't know anybody there.. don't know how's it going to look like, don't know how people are there and what are economic activities. So i'm bit of blind of where I am heading towards.

I am looking for some advice from People who have been there or are living in Australia. So guide me how much cash should I bring, what kind of job can I get easily and what is the best place to land in Australia and settle down. So far I have Sydney in mind.

I want to do import business by staying there.. what are the procedures of starting that. & Can I run online stores. I'm not rich but have got some hard-earned money which I want to spend wisely. If I want to do some local business there.. what should be that?

And finally.. are Australians really offensive to Indians? I'm not Indian but I might be taken as being one and if I tell them i'm from Pakistan would that count? :D

1) dont go alone at night..........use preferbly Car to travel at night.
2) avoid carrying much cash
3) start having beer
4) learn the traffic rules properly.
5) aussies are not racist..............you will find when you reach there ( beware of druggy thugs)
6) expreciance neede for job.
7) try some suburbs .......main city will be costlier for new settlers

Its not as scary as some posters have suggested! i have been here since i was 7 and have never experienced any racism...

1) you can start any business here, its very straight forward and rather easy.. get an ABN and register your company name
2) Depending upon your qualification and experience - you can land a good job. However as a starter you may work in security/taxi/retail sales
3) IF you are going for a share accommodation in the beginning; i would say your expense will be anywhere between $250-$300 (inc food, travel etc).

Good luck with your move

dont go alone at night..........use preferbly Car to travel at night.

A lot of people have stated this.

Why should an individual not travel alone at night in Australia?

What's the problem?

What's the problem?

Going out at night is not safe for even the native people there leave alone the foreigners..

What's the problem?

even cops gets beating at nite................all the thugs and druggies roam the streets ................looking for easy money.
and Indian media calls it racist attack.........eeehhhh.

Back
Top Bottom