What's new

IIT Professors Propose 1500 Per Cent Increase In Speed Of Submarine Communi

I thought low frequency reduces the bit rate. So how can few bits/min help in real time communication.

I thought low frequency reduces the bit rate. So how can few bits/min help in real time communication.

Two different system can be used simultaneously with in a submarine for different communication purposes. No doubts here....:azn:

While you are true, it also depends on what modulation is used. So you will be able to carry more number of bits on the same base signal. Ever wondered on how you can do 56Mbps with 802.11g and only 11Mbps on 802.11b? Check up on OFDM and DSSS.

Also this is hundred bits per second. All you need is 64kbps for a full telephone conversation, but with decent codecs and compression, you can make phone calls at 8kbps too! VoIP bandwidth fundamentals
So these guys are reaching close to voice quality data transmission rates. I say that is freaking impressive especially if you are 50mtrs below sea surface.

It is very hard to develope the VLF frequency only few countries have that calliber. except US and Rus India has that power. some european countries also failed for that.

While you are true, it also depends on what modulation is used. So you will be able to carry more number of bits on the same base signal. Ever wondered on how you can do 56Mbps with 802.11g and only 11Mbps on 802.11b? Check up on OFDM and DSSS.

Also this is hundred bits per second. All you need is 64kbps for a full telephone conversation, but with decent codecs and compression, you can make phone calls at 8kbps too! VoIP bandwidth fundamentals
So these guys are reaching close to voice quality data transmission rates. I say that is freaking impressive especially if you are 50mtrs below sea surface.

Hell yeah it is impressive. Will probably solve a lot of problems with sub communications.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom