What's new

IIFA Dumps Amitabh Bachchan!

Only thing I can think of is Indian Tamils are thinking with their heart and central government with their mind. Indian Tamils have sentiments involved which the central government cannot comprehend.

Regarding the bold part, its absolute BS. How can speaking against human right violations be petty for anyone. Again they are not protesting for separate country for Tamils or in support of LTTE. They are asking for decent treatment of Tamils in Srilanka. Thats not petty in any sense of the word.

I can definitely see that you cannot relate to this issue. But what'll ask is at least respect others sentiments.

I am a Tamil myself and have a family full of supporters for the Lankan Tamils and I have close Lankan Tamil friends. So I have pretty good idea what I am talking about.

What you said about the Tamils thinking with their heart, that's what we want to believe. The genocide of innocent Tamils was carried out not only by the SL army but also by LTTE. The Tamils in India are just a confused lot who have no clue what is better for their Tamil brothers. karunanidhi would all of sudden give a statement calling Prabhakar his brother and we have quite a few politicians who openly support LTTE. BTW, i don't really believe in these symbolic protests which are of no use what so ever. I haven't seen our people do anything tangible for their cause.

So Some Indians members still think India should support terrorism in Sri Lanka.As it did during the initial years as a state policy and later on the common people supported terrorism in Sri Lanka.

The Indian Tamils have never really helped the Lankan Tamils. If anything, we have contributed to their woes. What ever military operation happened in SL to eliminate LTTE happened with the full support of the Indian government. Then why this two face?

Brother what help can we really do except welcoming the refugees with open arms which we did.

Did we have an army/airforce/navy to help the Tamils ??

And dont forget the late CM of TN, MGR actively helped the insurgent groups. What more help can we do apart from moral support and busting misconceptions about 'Tamil; terror ?

That country just defeated one of the most dangerous terrorist organizations in the world and it was a big moment for them. We the Indian Tamils should have seized the opportunity to reconcile and mend the relationship with the SL govt rather than being petty . Indian Tamils having a cordial relationship with the SL government would be a lot more helpful to the Lankan Tamils than treating them like our sworn enemy.

What relationship do you want with the Sinhalese who still treat the ethinic Tamils as second class citizens, routinely kill Tamil fishermen ??

But thinking about it, it is the Indian Govt that is to be blamed for not protecting its citizens and not the SL Navy. When my own Government is apathetic to it, how can I expect some other nation to be sympathetic. ?

Only thing I can think of is Indian Tamils are thinking with their heart and central government with their mind. Indian Tamils have sentiments involved which the central government cannot comprehend.

Exactly - Speaking for me, I am torn between the loyalty to my country and ethinic kinsmen.

And I know I cant do much against my Government except supporting their cause morally.

Regarding the bold part, its absolute BS. How can speaking against human right violations be petty for anyone. Again they are not protesting for separate country for Tamils or in support of LTTE. They are asking for decent treatment of Tamils in Srilanka. Thats not petty in any sense of the word.

I can definitely see that you cannot relate to this issue. But what'll ask is at least respect others sentiments.

Sone people dont know that supporting the Tamils and condemning the near genocide that took place in the name of War againt LTTE is NOT equal to supporting LTTE. :confused:

Hit the nail on the head, its one rule for some and one of others... Double standards much? :tup:

My original reply :No they do not, especially one who has only a knowledge based on one-sided reporting and dont know what actually happened (or is happening) on ground.

So Some Indians members still think India should support terrorism in Sri Lanka.As it did during the initial years as a state policy and later on the common people supported terrorism in Sri Lanka.

If you dont have the true knowledge of incidents that led to this insurgency or what happened in the guise of War against LTTE, I would suggest you to STFU and move on instead of trivialising the suffering s the Tamils went through.

I am a Tamil myself and have a family full of supporters for the Lankan Tamils and I have close Lankan Tamil friends. So I have pretty good idea what I am talking about.

What you said about the Tamils thinking with their heart, that's what we want to believe. The genocide of innocent Tamils was carried out not only by the SL army but also by LTTE. The Tamils in India are just a confused lot who have no clue what is better for their Tamil brothers. karunanidhi would all of sudden give a statement calling Prabhakar his brother and we have quite a few politicians who openly support LTTE. BTW, i don't really believe in these symbolic protests which are of no use what so ever. I haven't seen our people do anything tangible for their cause.

And what is that 'Tangible' thing you are speaking of ?? What exactly can the people of TN do going against the Govt in the Centre ?

And what is that 'Tangible' thing you are speaking of ?? What exactly can the people of TN do going against the Govt in the Centre ?

Better question is what can Indian Tamils do for the Tamilians of some other country..? Nothing but sympathize with their cause . Anything else will lead to international diplomatic trouble for the country..

I have full sympathies for srilankan tamils but i don't know wat u want the central govt. to do.They can only request the singhalese govt. to fulfill their promises they did to the world, playing any hard ball or direct intervention will make them sit in the chinese pats and will give enough propaganda material to the our beloved neighbor to malign our image.

Better question is what can Indian Tamils do for the Tamilians of some other country..? Nothing but sympathize with their cause . Anything else will lead to international diplomatic trouble for the country..

Exactly we cant do anything except give refuge to those who come escaping from there and give moral support to their cause.

I have full sympathies for srilankan tamils but i don't know wat u want the central govt. to do.They can only request the singhalese govt. to fulfill their promises they did to the world, playing any hard ball or direct intervention will make them sit in the chinese pats and will give enough propaganda material to the our beloved neighbor to malign our image.

Why are you so underestimating India's strength ?? Lanka does not have any border with China by a large margin and like it or not they have to live with India and even they (Lanka) know that. They very well know they cant afford to have an enemy in the form and size of India.

• IIRC, the Indian govt rejected a call from UN to monitor the war crimes that were commited by the SL Army in the guise of WoT. That was unnecesary.The culprits who massacred whole populations of children and women should be punished.
  • Secondly every week the SL Navy shoots and kills one or other Tamil Fishermen and the Indian Navy (the fifth largest in the world with aircraft carriers) doesnt do anything. Why ?? No instructions from the fvcking Central Govt.
  • Thirdly pressure and make the SL government to rehabilitate the Lakhs of Tamil refugees living in Tamil Nadu or atleast grant Indian citizenship to them.We can take care of them.But Neither is happening.

These things have to change.

IIRC, the Indian govt rejected a call from UN to monitor the war crimes that were commited by the SL Army in the guise of WoT. That was unnecesary.The culprits who massacred whole populations of children and women should be punished.
it was not just India but the all developing countries that rejected the demand.that decision was not of India to take.may be India doesn't wanted to be club with west angaist developing countries.

UNHRC passed a resolution
# For: Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, China, Cuba, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa. Uruguay and Zambia;
# Against: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, and United Kingdom;

[*]Secondly every week the SL Navy shoots and kills one or other Tamil Fishermen and the Indian Navy (the fifth largest in the world with aircraft carriers) doesnt do anything. Why ?? No instructions from the fvcking Central Govt.
totally agree with u on this they should have done that long time ago.
but u can't expect any thing better from this spineless govt.

[*]Thirdly pressure and make the SL government to rehabilitate the Lakhs of Tamil refugees living in Tamil Nadu or at least grant Indian citizenship to them.We can take care of them.But Neither is happening.
Totally agree with u on this also.
not only rehabilitation of Tamil refugees but also for the devolution of power/autonomy ,equal opportunity ,equal rights GOI needs to press the lanka for it.pressure needs to be applied but by not seen as an bully or interventionist.

it was not just India but the all developing countries that rejected the demand.that decision was not of India to take.may be India doesn't wanted to be club with west angaist developing countries.

UNHRC passed a resolution
# For: Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, China, Cuba, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa. Uruguay and Zambia;
# Against: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, and United Kingdom;

Why should a Angola or a Azerbaijan or a Qatar support the resolution ?? What relationship they have with the ethinic Tamils ??

Is India in the same category as a Qatar or an Angola where we just vote for its sake with a sheep mentality. Isn't our position an unique one from all the other countries mentioned ?

Doesn't a sizable population of Indians (70 million) have ethinic relationship with the other side and were not they the ones who hosted the refugess when they fled from the persecution in their country ??

Should not our sentiments also be respected ?? India supplied weapons, radars,the IN actively destroyed the arms smuggling network of the LTTE on high seas.

After all this the least they could have done is to support a UN inquiry on the war crimes that were committed on civilians including children and women by the power drunk Sri Lankan Army.

SL have come out of a brutal episode of Indian Tamil sponsored terror... Its stabilizing at a rapid pace given the extent of damage caused.

Wow..And we were stupid to later lose a 1000 of our own men and to beat the very Tamils?

Sanctions on Sri Lanka: What a joke……….

China & Russia opposed to include Sri Lanka into UNSC discussion

Earlier United States tried to press Sri Lanka, later that move also block by Israeli lobby

I am not angry by seeing the comments by some Indian members, now we are comfortable with New Delhi, Leaders of both main political parties in New Delhi now friendly towards Colombo.

Back
Top Bottom