What's new

If you think Pakistan will abandon the Taliban, think again!

Exactly , what course should Pakistan have taken in Afghanistan for one ? Mate , that country's screwed beyond repair ...

If i had all the answers i would be running for president not posting on PDF ;)

But a while ago i was one of the divide Afghanistan crowd,

afghanistan-map-nato.jpg

Pakistan can have every thing yellow except Banyam ( we put too much work in there ) NATO takes responsibility for the pink and the blue.

this begs one crucial question

if Pakistan had been detaining taleban members and released them in the interests of 'reconciliation' then it makes Pakistan complicit in grooming, funding and supporting this group?

i reject this nonsense........and i reject this word "abandon" because neither we were serving them nor were they ever in our pockets. Afghan taleban are a purely Afghan phenomenon; we diplomatically recognized them and we did have a relationship with them in the past.

this article brings nothing new to this forum....it's old stuff just being regurgitated over and over again. Same old lines we've heard over and over like a broken record.

Pakistan can have every thing yellow except Banyam ( we put too much work in there ) NATO takes responsibility for the pink and the blue.

what is this, a liquidation sale or something? :lol:

This is what even India wants: let Pakistan be occupied with its internal turmoil, while India can concentrate on its economy and growth

This is what even India wants: let Pakistan be occupied with its internal turmoil, while India can concentrate on its economy and growth

sorry to disappoint the standard hindustani then kiddo, b/c even though terrorist acts are still occurring -- their frequency has diminished SUBSTANTIALLY since 2008/09.

so keep wanting and keep wishing. We know you are good at these 2 things.....maybe it will keep your bollywood industry busy.

actually there have been more cases of terrorism in india this year than in Pakistan; the only difference here is that i've never seen a Pakistani citizen praise or "want" violence or turmoil in hindustan....perhaps that's what sets apart the 2.

sorry to disappoint the standard hindustani then kiddo, b/c even though terrorist acts are still occurring -- their frequency has diminished SUBSTANTIALLY since 2008/09.

so keep wanting and keep wishing. We know you are good at these 2 things.....maybe it will keep your bollywood industry busy.

actually there have been more cases of terrorism in india this year than in Pakistan; the only difference here is that i've never seen a Pakistani citizen praise or "want" violence or turmoil in hindustan....perhaps that's what sets apart the 2.

Whatever, your turmoil is your doing. Why blame us :lol:

If i had all the answers i would be running for president not posting on PDF ;)

But a while ago i was one of the divide Afghanistan crowd,

:lol: I was just asking for your opinion on the matter , which I am sure you have ...

What actually does Afghanistan have that we would want ? :azn: ... Except for a stable friendly Govt that can run the country by itself and take back those refugees ... But honestly , I am not optimistic about that country's future ... North Korea has better odds of becoming a democratic country before Kabul turns stable ...

P.S What use is the map if the Taliban and other militias are still in control of majority of that country ? Actually , it paints a very disappointing picture of the coalition's progress in Afghanistan !

Pakistan ARE supporting Taliban in Afghanistan. It has been Pakistan's strategy since the beginning. Many reasons behind it. The main one to have a friendly neighbour to the west. Also, it will be a major economical incentive to both Pakistan and Afghanistan to have peace as many opportunities to trade with the CAS countries.
I suggest everyone to read the book called, "TALIBAN" by the author JAMES Fergusson. Please read it and then judge the taliban. It has some amazing facts that a lot of people are not aware about taliban.

The important thing to do now is appease the Taliban and start peace talks. Because after the US withdrawal, Pakistan is the top dog in the region, and militant attacks inside Pakistan need to end.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time :)

You wanna give Pakistan all of Northeast Afghanistan? Do you realize how many of our troops died fighting to take it and keep it?

while the world talks about negotiations with the Taliban the Paksitan government has stopped calling the afghhan taliban supporters friends! this is weird! we supported them when non one did and when the world wishes to talk to them and bring them into politics we wish to abandon them!!! we have always failed at diplomacy in the last 65 years!

The title is wrong it should be ''will Taliban abandon Pakistan?? Think again!!

Well said. Bravo.

If Pakistani state helps, it gets accused of siding with Taliban, and if it stays away, well duh! Pakistani state must be helping Taliban.

However we the Paks must realize that Taliban themselves are to be blamed for this.

This is a moment so unique in the bloody history of Afghanistan, that losing this tiny window of opportunity will be losing centuries long future of Afghanistan.

Karazai may be the clerk aka munshi of NATO, but he is no foreigner. He is as Afghanistani as any Taliban is.

So it is really wrong for Taliban to create law and order situation, and suicide bomb their own Afghanistani brothers and sisters.

NATO is about to leave.

This is the time to end the militancy and sit down and hold and plan elections for the post 2014 government in this gad awful country called Afghanistan.

So, it is upto Taliban + non-Taliban and not for Pakistani people to decide what should be the future of Afghanistan. The choice is theirs to make Afghanistan a relatively stable and progressive country or start another hellish war lasting 20 years.

The second choice will be utterly devastating for Afghanistan and also for Pakistan. Yes we will suffer HUGELY.

Therefore it is time for us to treat Karazai government with respect, and not only denounce but actively punish anyone trying to create instability in Afghanistan.

And lastly to the likes of OP, please make sure India works with Pakistan that Indians would leave Afghanistan immediately when NATO leaves. This will make Karazai a much more genuine Afghanistani leader in the eyes of Pakistanis.

Ultimately Afghanistan and Pakistan have to live together and Indians should keep out of this and they no longer need to be ;)

----- Praa-ay ki shaadi main Raam Chand diwana

Indians have 1.3 billion mouths to feed so take care of them. No need to put your shoes on your neighbor's head to go over your neighbor's neighbor. Hope you all understand this.

Indians will be $tupid to lose a market of 200 million Pakistanis just to gain 10 million Afghanistani customers. So from trade point of view, Indians will be much better off to work with Pakistan even on Afghanistani market access.

peace
The above post contradicts your earlier interactions here specially the poverty of Indians..!!

Anyways,

Firstly India-Pak or India-Afgan trade is not that much important to our economy, it is all the sake of regional peace or to reduce the trust deficit or regional harmony. We are not going to get much in these.

Secondly NATO will make sure that they will not face any attack on their soil originating from Af-Pak region. Even if they withdraw. Means there will be engagement with Afgan people from their side, which is exactly we want, there should not be any breeding ground at all even the talibs included in the political system.

Indian investments will be there in Afgan, whether Pakistan likes it or not. There are other regional players such as Russia, Kazak, Iran whose interests also the same as ours. Whether you wanna behave as a big brother to Afganistan like earlier..then good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom