What's new

If U.S attacks Iran

We're already doing that bro!
Both China and US want what we have, the Gwadar seaport and that will be the center of our geo-strategic importance with both in future.

Now that you realise the importance of exploiting ones geo-strategic location have you considered the fact that Pakistan cannot afford to antagonise the Americans? :bat:

If and when Pakistan chooses not to be in the American truck driving into Iran will China fill the void left back by the Americans? Do they have the capablity to do so in the first place?

How will oil come to Gwadar if Americans control Afghan and Iran?
So Gwadar is just another port - its importance greatly diminished by the American control of Afghanistan. :cool:

Dont you see that despite your blessed location providence has left you little if not zero options wrt Iran?

Exploiting ones advantage can yield only so much.
To be successfull You've got to couple it with hard work and foresight - two ideas no Leader of Pakistan subscribed to. :idiot:

Originally posted by Thunder@Mar 21 2006, 09:42 AM
If we help iran then usa might not attack since we have nukes and enough missiles range to strike usa's bases in middle east. This would make usa really mad and they'l sanction us to hell.
[post=7455]Quoted post[/post]​

Thunder,
Listen to yourself!. You want to take on USA ?! Strike USA's bases in middle east? Forget sanctions, Pakistan won't survive American retaliation.They are not called 'Hyper power' for nothing.

Had anyone of heard that there is a word out there that USA had planned to attack Iran nuclear installations within six months and that would be an air strike of limited span and US will be on solo flight without any ally.
i had just read it 2 days back in an article by an Indian renowend writer MJ Akbar who just pinted it out.

Originally posted by sword9@Mar 21 2006, 03:57 PM
Jana,
Could you please post a link?
[post=7479]Quoted post[/post]​

hey sword give me sometime i will post it soon as i had read it in a newspaper here that had published this article with the courtsy of the writer MJ Akbar who writes for Indian newspapers. i will try to post the link or the sourece soon.

Hay guys did u hear that news on Geo that Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki called Khurshid Kasuri and discussed with him the issue lingering over Iran here is the link.

http://geo.tv/main_files/pakistan.aspx?id=111642

Iranian FM phones Kasuri, discusses nuclear issue

ISLAMABAD: Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki on Tuesday called his Pakistani counterpart Khurshid Kasuri and discussed the dispute over his country's nuclear program and other bilateral issues.

Mottaki discussed with Khurshid Kasuri the latest developments with regard to the Iranian nuclear issue.

Kasuri ``reiterated Pakistan's position that a peaceful solution should be found to the Iranian nuclear issue,'' and that Pakistan also supported the Iran-European Union dialogue on this issue.

``Pakistan will also do its best diplomatically and ... has already engaged with Iran, the U.S.A., China and EU in this regard,'' Kasuri told Mottaki.

The two ministers ``also discussed the efforts of China and Russia in this regard,'' and Kasuri said Pakistan opposed the use of force and favored a diplomatic resolution to this crisis, the statement said.

Kasuri said that his country had fully cooperated with the International Atomic Energy Agency on the nuclear issue, and ``as a friend of Iran, Pakistan wanted the situation to be defused and that all concerned parties should play their role in achieving this objective.''

Mottaki extended an invitation to the Pakistan foreign minister to visit Tehran, which Kasuri accepted.

http://geo.tv/main_files/pakistan.aspx?id=111642

Originally posted by Hammer@Mar 21 2006, 07:19 AM
Thunder,
Listen to yourself!. You want to take on USA ?! Strike USA's bases in middle east? Forget sanctions, Pakistan won't survive American retaliation.They are not called 'Hyper power' for nothing.
[post=7465]Quoted post[/post]​

Either way we're done for. Eiher help amreica and then make a oil rich enemy in our west, or be friends with iran and face america. Or maybe this topicis'nt really a big a dealas we are making it. I am sure ou military planners are thinking about this too and have probabley came up with something already.

Originally posted by Thunder@Mar 22 2006, 07:10 AM
Either way we're done for. Eiher help amreica and then make a oil rich enemy in our west, or be friends with iran and face america. Or maybe this topicis'nt really a big a dealas we are making it. I am sure ou military planners are thinking about this too and have probabley came up with something already.
[post=7520]Quoted post[/post]​

Planners always keep planning.
Thats their work, and they get paid for it.

Facing America when most of your FDI flows, free weapons and aid money is coming from them is wishfull thinking if you ask me.

Nuke their bases and end up being a radioactive graveyard? :idiot:
(This is assuming Pakistan does have the capablity to nuke them)

Thats the best favour you can do to India.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom