What's new

If Pakistan could go back to 1947 and do it all over again.

I respectfully disagree; the past can be used as a lesson for the future.

Agree. I think a whole, honest, and fair accounting of our history hasn't entered the national narrative yet. Germans to this day are taught about their nation's conduct during WWII. We are not so critical.

A couple of good points, but you missed the most important one: Bangladesh should never have been part of Pakistan. Because it never made sense.

First day as Governor General:
1. Declare a national emergency on education.

When you really peel away the Love for all hatred for none mantra. You will find just how deceitful and nefarious this group was from its inception. And still is to this day.

It is just as stupid as Louis Farrakhan and Elijah Mohammad's twisted ideologies.

If it were some mullah propaganda I wouldn't be here saying these things. The kazab i.e Mirza, his books, his sermons, books of his kin are enough evidence as to what this cult really was/is a cross between a personality cult and a circus.
I personally don't give two sh!ts about how others worship. I have enough of a challenge to be a good Muslim myself to worry about others.
All I know is nothing is worse than murder. I have never heard of ahmedi terrorism but I can't say the same for extremists in my own sect. Ahmedis supported the pak project. They helped liberate kashmir with al-furqan group and they gave us the nuclear weapon and a Nobel in physics. I know a lot of people despise their faith but I try to be objective and introspective. Anyway. Let's not divert from this thread to a hate-orgy.
First day as Governor General:
1. Declare a national emergency on education.
Zabardast yaar. You are my type of dude.
A couple of good points, but you missed the most important one: Bangladesh should never have been part of Pakistan. Because it never made sense.
Hence the amicable divorce. Bangladeshis want nothing to do with India and they would've been a good partner if we hadn't acted like colonizers.

pakistan was unfix able . i will move to Canada in 1947 buy some good real-estate there and live in peace rest of my life . :D

Agree with most points, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. And these are less "what I would have done", more about what went wrong, and what might have been better.

I'd summarise and say the few most disastrous policies, events and other phenomena in Pakistan's history, largely define the start of a lot of avoidable problems.
  • Civilian dictators of the 1950s and Nazriya-e-Zaroorat (Doctrine of Necessity).
  • Elite capture or retention of institutions, no land reforms. Ruling classes and land owners.
  • One unit nation, wholesale denial of the rights of provinces and the promises made by Pakistan to its constituent nations pre-independence.
  • Dictating Urdu be the sole national language. Nothing wrong with this but it's inflexible, and the effects are similar to the above point.
  • Military dictators and the establishment of a class of opulent generals.
  • Getting too deep in the US' camp, sure it had its benefits, but the costs were immense and hard to quantify. We can add to this US support of dictators.
  • Too many failed attempts at military solutions to Kashmir, unpopular thing to say but that's my opinion.
  • Bhutto era limited democracy and nationalisation.
  • Bhutto and Zia era (and afterwards) radicalisation and the use of Islam as a political tool.
  • Three words: non state actors.
  • Repeated trampling of the courts, constitution, and media.
We can name more, but these were some of the most eventful and retrospectively egregious.
Really good. Root cause stuff. Your list is better than mine.

I would exchange gujrat and rajasthan with whole of Punjab.
That'd be suicidal for you. Both Rajasthan and Gujarat were really poor when they were formed, Gujarat wasn't a state until 60s. Unlike Punjab which had large industries and agriculture so if that deal was made back then India would gladly accept it. The real development in Gujarat came in after the 70's with double digit growth rate for decades and heavy industrialization.

We cant have do-overs in life but it is interesting to contemplate alternate historical scenarios.

1. I would work with the other dominion -- the Republic of India -- to work together on an orderly transfer of population during the partition to avoid the deaths of millions.
  2. At a minimum, I would ensure the security of non-muslim minorities in Pakistan.
  3. Once India rolled the tanks in Hyderabad and Junagarh, I would ensure Pakistan's 1948 liberation of Kashmir was not botched and include the whole of Kashmir valley including Srinagar but not Ladakh.
  4. Over time, once India gets over its Akhand Bharat fantasy, I would negotiate the extended LOC as the international border in exchange for peace and deem the Kashmir matter resolved. Result: No 1965, 1971, Kargil, Siachen.
  5. I would still invest in a powerful professional army but ensure it does not creep itself into governance or commerce.
  6. I would not impose Urdu on anyone certainly not in East Pakistan. (Disclosure: Urdu is my native tongue). Each province can have its regional languages. All languages would be celebrated. The lingua franca or official language would be English. Schools would be set up to learn English - the global language of business and diplomacy. Urdu would be just another lovely language in our national mosaic.
  7. I would carve 24 provincial districts out of baluchistan, Sindh, Punjab, gb, kashmir, east pakistan. Each district would get a fair share of government funds to manage. I would ensure no province became "the internal hegemon".
  8. I would emphasize the 1000 year Islamic heritage but also the 9000 year Indus heritage as the logic to Pakistan.
  9. I would agree to a very loose federation with East Pakistan. The two wings would be Pakistan in name only. The separation would honor the struggle for Pakistan but be practical about a state being separated by 1000 miles of a hostile non-akhand Bharat. Bangladesh would run its own economy, politics, foreign affairs, defence etc. but the two wings would honor the memory of Quaid-e-Azam. If the Bengalis so desire -- we could perhaps be united in the olympics. Result: a friendly divorce. No 1971.
  10. I would focus my energy on the western border with Afghanistan. Integrated infrastructure with Central Asia along with a heavily fenced and fortified Durand line.
  11. I would ensure Baluchistan would get its share of natural resources and provide welfare and development directly to the people instead of the sardars.
  12. I would strive for a zero-conflict foreign policy.
  13. I would aim for a free trade agreement with India and a no-support to separatist policy in each other's countries.
  14. I would never ally with the US or Soviet Union or Arabs or Iran or China or India. I would play them all against each other for our own benefit.
  15. I would establish a constitution as soon as possible.
    1. It would ensure freedom of religion to all: Sunni, Shia, Christian, Hindu, Sikh, and even Ahmedi.
    2. Discrimination on the basis of race, religion, caste, province, ethnic group would be outlawed.
    3. It would ask all religions be kept in each individual's heart and outside of government where it is subject to interpretation, corruption, and politicization.
    4. Pakistan would be renamed the Indus Republic of Pakistan.
  16. I would not allow Saudi or Wahabist or Salafist influence to take root in Pakistan. (Full disclosure: I am a Sunni).
  17. I would not support any extremist organization for political expediency.
  18. Pakistan would not involve itself in any middle east war. It would only provide humanitarian relief to all sides of pan-Islamic conflicts and urge peace and reconciliation.
  19. I would never speak up for Indian Muslims. (This would be India's internal matter).
  20. Mullahs would not be allowed to run roughshod all over Pakistan. the 1960's culture of moderation would be maintained and encouraged but Bollywood and Hollywood influence would be highly curtailed in favor of local and regional arts.
  21. I would highly discourage or mitigate the need for martial law. Martial laws would be seen as sedition punishable by death. result: No Zia-ul-haq (I am going to be raked by PDF now ;)
  22. Money saved in external security would go towards the development of education and internal security. Guns for civilians would be banned after some time.
  23. Cultural exchanges would take place and be celebrated among all the beautiful people of Pakistan.
  24. I would attempt to make Karachi the present-day Dubai. (Full disclosure - I am from Karachi but not a chauvinist)
  25. I would still pursue the atomic bomb.
  26. I would ban political associations in universities.
  27. I would make football the national sport.
  28. I would establish a non-corrupt NADRA much sooner to control illegal immigration.
  29. I would use lasers to pulverize the reproductive organs of the man that would go on to father Hussain Haqqani.
What do you think? Would these be good decisions or bad? Insults my way are fine but I would prefer a critique. What would you differently?

Thx.
I agree with all of it except keeping Islam in the heart and name Indus republic of Pakistan.
1.Brother if Islam was meant to be kept inside the heart and not implemented properly in social and governmental apparatus the Holy Prophet (PBUH) would never have been persecuted by the Quraysh. Islam is not just an religion its the religion for us Muslims, Pakistan was created in the name of Islam we would need to implement Islamic law based on Sahi hadith, Quran and sunnah. Its critical for a Muslim to believe all Muslims are equal nationalism is thus nothing but poison to the Muslims. Love Pakistan but in the end don't think your Muslim brothers from other nations are any less. In my opinion the government if not run by Islamic principles would make Pakistan end up as a secular country and we know how Muslims are treated under secular governments.. Islam is not only meant to be kept inside the heart. Pakistan in your situation should make national identity based on Islam and encourage the doctrine of pan Islamism but only in appropriate situations.
2. Not raising voice for Muslims in any situation when you can but you chose to not is highly unislamic internal matter or not.
3. Indus republic of Pakistan? Bro last thing we want is that name. I mean even calling it Islamic republic is like saying Islamic banks (Oh wait) but i think Islamic republic would be ok.

I agree with all of it except keeping Islam in the heart and name Indus republic of Pakistan.
1.Brother if Islam was meant to be kept inside the heart and not implemented properly in social and governmental apparatus the Holy Prophet (PBUH) would never have been persecuted by the Quraysh. Islam is not just an religion its the religion for us Muslims, Pakistan was created in the name of Islam we would need to implement Islamic law based on Sahi hadith, Quran and sunnah. Its critical for a Muslim to believe all Muslims are equal nationalism is thus nothing but poison to the Muslims. Love Pakistan but in the end don't think your Muslim brothers from other nations are any less. In my opinion the government if not run by Islamic principles would make Pakistan end up as a secular country and we know how Muslims are treated under secular governments.. Islam is not only meant to be kept inside the heart. Pakistan in your situation should make national identity based on Islam and encourage the doctrine of pan Islamism but only in appropriate situations.
2. Not raising voice for Muslims in any situation when you can but you chose to not is highly unislamic internal matter or not.
3. Indus republic of Pakistan? Bro last thing we want is that name. I mean even calling it Islamic republic is like saying Islamic banks (Oh wait) but i think Islamic republic would be ok.
Age old question that can never be answered.
What is true Islam
What is sahi hadith
Is Islam of taliban right or Islam of ayatollahs? How about the moderation of Malaysia and Indonesia and turkey?
Which sect is Supreme?
What about shariaIslam? Is simply incompatible with how the modern world operates.
Should we allow slavery since it is arguably allowed in islam?

But I agree renaming to Indus is a step too far even if the Indus is our identity for the last 9000 years.

I would exchange gujrat and rajasthan with whole of Punjab.
if we get all of punjab, it is impossible for them to get kashmir, Pakistan then surrounds Kashmir from all sides. also Pakistan is now within touching distance of New Delhi.

Age old question that can never be answered.
What is true Islam
What is sahi hadith
Is Islam of taliban right or Islam of ayatollahs? How about the moderation of Malaysia and Indonesia and turkey?
Which sect is Supreme?
What about shariaIslam? Is simply incompatible with how the modern world operates.
Should we allow slavery since it is arguably allowed in islam?

But I agree renaming to Indus is a step too far even if the Indus is our identity for the last 9000 years.
All laws we make should never go against the shariah and also only reason slavery was allow as it was matter of economic stability it was too vital for that. Also its not like western slavery in which they couldn't by their independence. As Muslims today Islamicly we can Ban it as we now have industrialization no need for it now.

True Islam is the Islam brought by the prophet its Quran, sahi hadith and his sunnah. Now what is sahi hadith? its collections by Sahi bhukari and sahi muslim and other reputable scholars.
Is Islam of Taliban right? The way west portrays it no but the way it seems yes
Forget other nations they have went astray from the path and are currently liberalizing( Allowing stuff such as acts done by Qoum-eh-lut and other depravities)
Their is no sect in Islam so i think we should stop following what happened after the completion of Islam by the prophet.

The postmodernist world is indeed incompatible with Islam as its full of sin and fashi. Stop trying to adopt the ideology of the west it will lead only to suffering. Allah has made Islam clear cut we have a choice abandon Allah and wage open war against him and his prophet and stand with the west or reject man made laws and systems and adopt those made by our creator its simple really. We Muslims are not here to nation build and accumulate wealth we are here for a test.

Would you this new Pakistan allow strip clubs, bars, LGBT and other sorts of clear violations of Allah's will? Then this wont be Pakistan (land of the pure).

(This isn't a religious form so less stop)

Last edited:
We cant have do-overs in life but it is interesting to contemplate alternate historical scenarios.

1. I would focus my energy on the western border with Afghanistan. Integrated infrastructure with Central Asia along with a heavily fenced and fortified Durand line

There is no Central Asia only a USSR

Limit property ownership to

Residential
1 House per family, maximum 4000 sqft.
Agricultural
10 Acres only if you are tilling it yourself.

Rest of the things would've fallen in place.

All laws we make should never go against the shariah and also only reason slavery was allow as it was matter of economic stability it was too vital for that. Also its not like western slavery in which they couldn't by their independence. As Muslims today Islamicly we can Ban it as we now have industrialization no need for it now.

True Islam is the Islam brought by the prophet its Quran, sahi hadith and his sunnah.

Who gave you the right to ban slavery if it is permitted? Don't get me wrong, your stance is humane but a literalist may consider you a herectic using your own standards. That's the problem, for every puritan - there is someone even more puritanical.

Now what is sahi hadith? its collections by Sahi bhukari and sahi muslim and other reputable scholars.

And who gave you the entitlement to decalare hadith that are "sahi" versus galat? Who made you the authority? This is the problem. Every Muslim thinks his interpretation is supreme, dissenters be damned. Hence the age-old problem. This is why you see pakistanis murder each other based on how they pray.

Is Islam of Taliban right? The way west portrays it no but the way it seems yes
Forget other nations they have went astray from the path and are currently liberalizing( Allowing stuff such as acts done by Qoum-eh-lut and other depravities)

You know what Quom-eh-lut is? It is Taliban demanding slave-brides, sex-slaves and underaged girls to recruit and lure fighters.
Would you be okay with the Taliban beating your mother for not wearing shuttle-cock burqa? Or would you want for her to have her day in court in front of an impartial judge based on due diligence and due process?

Their is no sect in Islam so i think we should stop following what happened after the completion of Islam by the prophet.

No sect? Are Sunnis, Shia and their sub-sects a figment of our imagination?

The postmodernist world is indeed incompatible with Islam as its full of sin and fashi. Stop trying to adopt the ideology of the west it will lead only to suffering. Allah has made Islam clear cut we have a choice abandon Allah and wage open war against him and his prophet and stand with the west or reject man made laws and systems and adopt those made by our creator its simple really. We Muslims are not here to nation build and accumulate wealth we are here for a test.

Why do you get to decide what is good for me?
Why do you get to interpret and then dictate what is right from wrong?
The slavery point is an example.
The taliban as true muslims is another.

Don't like the postmodernist world? Feel free to vacate the internet at your earliest convenience.

Would you this new Pakistan allow strip clubs, bars, LGBT and other sorts of clear violations of Allah's will?

No. You have a parliament representing the will of the people which will reject such proposals outright. BUT YOU, A MERE INDIVIDUAL, DOES NOT GET TO DICTATE ANYTHING TO ME.

Then this wont be Pakistan (land of the pure).
Where isn't there impurity in Pakistan? there is impurity in milk for babies, there is impurities in our pharmaceuticals. there is impurity in our seminaries. we are corrupt to the core in every institution. Real problems need real solutions not more of the same: religiosity.
(This isn't a religious form so less stop)

poora lecture dekay bolo stop. wah bhaiya wah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom