What's new

If Doklam standoff continues, China may issue ultimatum to India, says ex-naval officer Xu Guangyu

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
soldier-l-ani.jpg

With Doklam standoff still continuing between India and China, an ex-rear admiral of the Chinese Navy has warned that his country's foreign and defence ministries may issue an ultimatum to India before September to retreat to its side.

“If India keeps its troops in Chinese territory, China’s foreign and defence ministries are very likely to issue an ultimatum before September of giving a certain number of days to India to withdraw its troops. After the deadline, if Indian troops still remain within China’s territory, India will be responsible for all the consequences,” the Global Times quoted Rear Admiral (Retired) Xu Guangyu, who is now a senior adviser to the China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, as saying.

China has multiple ways of pushing India back to its own soil if India ignores the ultimatum, as a few dozen military personnel and one bulldozer [in Doklam] is a piece of cake for the Chinese military,” Xu said. Rear Admiral (Retired) Guangyu even stressed that the BRICS summit will not be disrupted because of the Doklam issue and will specifically focus on cooperation between rising economies.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying has reaffirmed China’s position that the withdrawal of the Indian troops in Doklam is the precondition to solving the problem. “China is more than capable of defeating India in potential military conflict with its advanced weapons and air bases,” Chinese state media quoted Chinese analysts said.

“Even if India withdraws its troops from the Doklam Plateau, China will not let the matter drop, because withdrawal is just the precondition, not the solution. China will still make India pay for its offensive and provocative behaviour even if India withdraws its troops as China requests,” Global Times quoted Ye Hailin, director of the National Institute of International Strategy, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, as saying.

Source>>

India can't say that it hasn't been warned enough. The Chinese have been very sensible and patient throughout this incident.

India can't say that it hasn't been warned enough. The Chinese have been very sensible and patient throughout this incident.

Yes.
It takes time to mobilize troops to forward area.

But now I am worried of following new development:

Even if India withdraws its troops from the Doklam Plateau, China will not let the matter drop, because withdrawal is just the precondition, not the solution. China will still make India pay for its offensive and provocative behaviour even if India withdraws its troops as China requests,”

This stupid Modi would bleed India.

If war starts today at Doklam, India will win it given the terrain and Indian army strengths in the region. This will be a big face loss for the emerging super power.

Actions speak louder than words.china is making fun of themselves.looks like pla don't want war.they must accept Indian position if they don't want war.it is better to stay silent if you don't have power to overcome your enemy.by doing this,China is also losing it's status as a powerful nation and losing it's grip in South China Sea.

India is offending China without gaining anything in return. China has been very tolerant, I must say more tolerant than I thought they would be - but on the other hand, India has been a total D! head here. Modi should be spanked for his stupid move here.

India is offending China without gaining anything in return. China has been very tolerant, I must say more tolerant than I thought they would be - but on the other hand, India has been a total D! head here. Modi should be spanked for his stupid move here.

Its a matter of time.
The writing is on the wall.
The shit is about to hit the fan.

One thing I realized is that India needs some internet warriros
To construe and project Indian opinions and thoughts in social media, internet, etc.

If China doesnt heed Bhutans request and respect their treaties, then its China's fault whatver happens

Back
Top Bottom