What's new

IEEE, a major science publisher, bans Huawei scientists from reviewing papers

You don’t know ieee?

The organization is the quasi dollar currency in the world of electric and electronics. It sets the world wide standards such a Ieee 802.1x network access control, 802.3 Ethernet, 802.11 Wifi.

Banning Huawei is practically banning the company from the world of communications.

It’s like banning China from using USD in trades.
i think of IEEE as engineering or engineering science rather than science

i think of IEEE as engineering or engineering science rather than science
It does everything. It does engineering it does science, it is a technical professional organization basically for electrical engineers like myself. In addition it is has a standard setting body: IEEE standards organization. This organization sets the standards, basically laying out definitions such as how Ethernet or WiFi functions.

it appears that the academic circle has no backbones or free spirit whatsoever.. total shame

Ok go ahead but that will be a chinese version of communications. Exclusively for China. Much like Mandarin, a language, a script, nobody outside China uses it. Good luck.

It depends on how much Huiwei is able to penetrate globally excluding US.

It depends on how much Huiwei is able to penetrate globally excluding US.
You can answer this question:

Can China create anything similar to IEEE? No. China is a self centered country. It takes me few clicks to join IEEE, but assuming I want to join a chinese IEEE, as foreigner I would have at least a chinese parents, or served in the PLA, or had participated the Long March or had a close friend to Xi Jingping or something impossible.

You can answer this question:

Can China create anything similar to IEEE? No. China is a self centered country. It takes me few clicks to join IEEE, but assuming I want to join a chinese IEEE, as foreigner I would have at least a chinese patents, or served in the PLA, or had participated the Long March or had a close friend to Xi Jingping or something impossible.

dude this is not how standards are created, no one US planed to create standards organization. It happens as most innovations were being done by AT&T bell labs and xerox (both US) and then newer tech companies had to create products that are compatable to their products hence leading to creation of Standards committee (this is an example). Now if Chinese tech companies are accepted globally and sell more products than anyone then soon you will see other smaller tech companies making products claiming it to be Huiwei compatable and then Huiwei becomes a standard.

dude this is not how standards are created, no one US planed to create standards organization. It happens as most innovations were being done by AT&T bell labs and xerox (both US) and then newer tech companies had to create products that are compatable to their products hence leading to creation of Standards committee (this is an example). Now if Chinese tech companies are accepted globally and sell more products than anyone then soon you will see other smaller tech companies making products claiming it to be Huiwei compatable and then Huiwei becomes a standard.
You are too clueless. That is not how Standards are set! a standard is not based on a vendor, be Huawei or whoever.

Giving you an example:

a US company called Cisco invents a protocol called CDP Cisco discovery protocol. The protocol helps to identify neighboring components and draw a network map. IEEE finds this a brilliant idea, copying the protocol with permission of Cisco, modifying it a bit then making it to a new protocol called LLDP link layer discovery protocol. Ieee 802.1ab is the standard.

While CDP only runs between Cisco devices, LLDP runs independently from vendors.

Huawei can’t set a standard and ask other to follow.

You are too clueless. That is not how Standards are set! a standard is not based on a vendor, be Huawei or whoever.

Giving you an example:

a US company called Cisco invents a protocol called CDP Cisco discovery protocol. The protocol helps to identify neighboring components and draw a network map. IEEE finds this a brilliant idea, copying the protocol with permission of Cisco, modifying it a bit then making it to a new protocol called LLDP link layer discovery protocol. Ieee 802.1ab is the standard.

While CDP only runs between Cisco devices, LLDP runs independently from vendors.

Huawei can’t set a standard and ask other to follow.

Haha...this idiot said the same thing i said in different words by saying I am clueless.
kid I may have at least 40 years on you, I was telling you how standards committees were created in the early times of communications and how they set the standards back then. What you saying is what happens now which is still the same thing. If China starts their own standards committee, it will happen the way i described in my previous post (which was the original topic).

Back
Top Bottom