What's new

IDF showed a video hit an SAA Pantsir (SA-22) CIWS truck in Damascus city

Syrian should buy ..Made in China products they are cheaper and don't suck like Russians

So who is the aggressor here?

What right Israel has to attack Syrian army inside Syria when Syrian army is not attacking Israel.

This shows that it is Israel is which is the aggressor. The American are fighting Israeli war in Syria and Middle East.

I hope Syria gets stronger and retaliates in kind. This war is disproptionate right now.
There is a war going on between Syria and Israel, since 1948.
Most of us has noticed.

SA22.png

That's why it's not really that much of a yahoo moment TBH. Like I said, even ISIS could've hit that thing with a suicide drone or one of their little ones that carry those little bombs. The crew's incompetence made for a huge Israeli propaganda video and you definitely took full advantage of that.
The problem is not just with the crew but with whole air defense system. Pantsir does not work alone, its part of the battery and battery is part of the whole air defence system. They suppose to provide targets and alerts to the launcher.

Especially all hat is strange when Russians boasted how they tied all Syrian air defences to one system and how they shot down 70 cruise missiles.

Skimming cruise missile is much more hard target to shoot down than loitering Delialah missile.

The problem is not just with the crew but with whole air defense system. Pantsir does not work alone, its part of the battery and battery is part of the whole air defence system. They suppose to provide targets and alerts to the launcher.

Which makes it even worst that it was all alone out in the middle of a wide open military airport runway. That was a major breakdown of protocol, or maybe there was a serious lack of training which goes against the history of the Syrian air defense network which has extensive experience, supposedly.

Especially all hat is strange when Russians boasted how they tied all Syrian air defences to one system and how they shot down 70 cruise missiles.

I think most people don't believe that 70 tomahawk missiles were shot down. But did the Russians really boast about integrating the entire Syrian ADS? Are you sure about that? I don't think they really did that since the Russians are not going to vigorously help the Syrians shoot down Israeli warplanes. Your prime minister was sitting right next to Putin at the parade a few days ago for crying out loud. They might've provided the systems with basic instructions but then left the rest to the Syrians who unfortunately failed in this particular case.

Skimming cruise missile is much more hard target to shoot down than loitering Delialah missile.

Agreed. While the idea of a loitering missile sounds great and revolutionary, it really only has a high success rate of going unnoticed and not targeted during that period of loitering when facing either an incompetent or not so advanced air defense system. Otherwise, unless out of range, it should be easily spotted, targeted and shot down during that time of loitering, especially if it has aborted it's original target and went into loitering like it claims being capable of doing. That would bring it much closer to the target and any air defense system.

In this case I don't think it was loitering prior to discovering the pantsir, given how wide open and stationary that target was.

Syrian should buy ..Made in China products they are cheaper and don't suck like Russians

Yea that Pantsir really sucked because it was out of ammunition and empty. There is not one combat proven Chinese air defense system.

Yea that Pantsir really sucked because it was out of ammunition and empty. There is not one combat proven Chinese air defense system.
Israel destroyed 5 missile batteries and multiple Iranian positions in Syria with 60 missiles.
I guess the interception rate is really low if existed.

Yes it does, radar, command and control and weapons systems are all integrated into the Pantsir.

Ironically it’s the Iron Dome that doesn’t work alone, it needs to be integrated with other systems to work.

6F435365-A25C-4973-AB85-B1AAA606BD5D.jpeg

Same for the Patriot.

E8155B8B-72C4-440C-B882-AE3828564207.jpeg

Israel destroyed 5 missile batteries and multiple Iranian positions in Syria with 60 missiles.
I guess the interception rate is really low if existed.

Israel, the US, France and the U.K. has conducted saturation attacks against Syria for years. They simply can not defend against attacks of 60-104 cruise missile at a time.

In 7 years a single Patrsir was destroyed which happened to be empty and out of missiles. If anything that shows how successful the Pantsir is.

Which makes it even worst that it was all alone out in the middle of a wide open military airport runway. That was a major breakdown of protocol, or maybe there was a serious lack of training which goes against the history of the Syrian air defense network which has extensive experience, supposedly.

I think most people don't believe that 70 tomahawk missiles were shot down. But did the Russians really boast about integrating the entire Syrian ADS? Are you sure about that? I don't think they really did that since the Russians are not going to vigorously help the Syrians shoot down Israeli warplanes. Your prime minister was sitting right next to Putin at the parade a few days ago for crying out loud. They might've provided the systems with basic instructions but then left the rest to the Syrians who unfortunately failed in this particular case.

Agreed. While the idea of a loitering missile sounds great and revolutionary, it really only has a high success rate of going unnoticed and not targeted during that period of loitering when facing either an incompetent or not so advanced air defense system. Otherwise, unless out of range, it should be easily spotted, targeted and shot down during that time of loitering, especially if it has aborted it's original target and went into loitering like it claims being capable of doing. That would bring it much closer to the target and any air defense system.

In this case I don't think it was loitering prior to discovering the pantsir, given how wide open and stationary that target was.
Here they claimed that they linked all Syrian air defence + Russian systems in Syria to one network:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-syria-have-linked-their-air-defense-networks

In Russian:

https://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2925219

Apparently this network did not work very well in Mezzeh.

Yes it does, radar, command and control and weapons systems are all integrated into the Pantsir.

Ironically it’s the Iron Dome that doesn’t work alone, it needs to be integrated with other systems to work.

View attachment 473747

Same for the Patriot.

View attachment 473748

Israel, the US, France and the U.K. has conducted saturation attacks against Syria for years. They simply can not defend against attacks of 60-104 cruise missile at a time.

In 7 years a single Patrsir was destroyed which happened to be empty and out of missiles. If anything that shows how successful the Pantsir is.
Silly Pantsir can work alone, but its much much more effective when it works as part of air defence network.

Here they claimed that they linked all Syrian air defence + Russian systems in Syria to one network:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-syria-have-linked-their-air-defense-networks

In Russian:

https://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2925219

Apparently this network did not work very well in Mezzeh.

I still have doubts about that. But let's say it's true, I doubt the Russians are manning anything that would fire any missiles at Israeli stuff, or even work the radars for the Syrians. I think they're on their own.

Back
Top Bottom