What's new

IDEAS 2012 Pakistan International Defence (Nov 7-11)

There's absolutely nothing new here, same old stuff from last time, except for that one UAV, everything else is the same.

81856159.jpg

81856165.jpg

81856168.jpg

There is no defense production in Pakistan. Only state controlled enterprises that are manned by thick headed military academy officers who were taught nothing about foreign policy, sales and production. They were taught how to fight, but seems like they have forgotten that as well. You want to revamp the Armed forces and defense industry in Pakistan? Change that 19th century curriculum being taught in military schools. I didn't go to IDEAS 2012 as i am not in Karachi. But i did go to Farnborough International Airshow this year, and i was blown away by the way these big companies do business.

Having lived abroad for so many years now, i do realize that most of my Pakistani brethren live in a bubble. The world is totally cut throat and different to what we feel in our little bubbles back home. I mean think about it, that David Cameron is to be on a trip to UAE to sell the Typhoons to replace the ageing Mirage and Saudia Arabia is planing on a second order. In this part of the world, country heads take stance for their local industry.

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari is visiting Qatar signing an agreement for buying LNG that will go from Qatar to India and then to Pakistan. Zardari is sure to get his cut; Screw the local industry.

Back
Top Bottom