What's new

Iconic photos that have never left you

The thread started off well but then it was ruined. May I ask you guys to please grow up?

Its useless to ask them to grow up. Citizens on both sides don't have food to eat, living on less than a dollar per day but what they can do best in their free time is fight each other. Shows the worst in humanity.

Chidiya naal je Baaz ladawa, taan Govind Singh naam dharawan

I honestly have no idea what you have posted except it is something in praise of Guru Govind Singh ji and man I believe he fully deserves the praise. Can you transalate what it is ?

BTW, Bolo Chatrapathi Shivaji Maharaj ki jai. :D

@Imran Khan - I am ready for the slugfest :D

saddam0978.jpg

kent-state-1970.jpg

Students in the US shot at a freedom march in 1970!
Nixon later referred to these students as 'bums'.

This is one of the most mis represented photographs in the histrory. The man with the pistol is Brig. Gen Nguyễn Ngọc Loan who was the head of South Vietnam National Police at that time and the man being executed was a leader of a Vietcong death squad who just killed 30+ police officers and their family, 6 being Gen Loan's godchildren.The photographer who took this photograph Eddie Adams later said

The general killed the Viet Cong; I killed the general with my camera. Still photographs are the most powerful weapon in the world. People believe them, but photographs do lie, even without manipulation. They are only half-truths ... What the photograph didn't say was, 'What would you do if you were the general at that time and place on that hot day, and you caught the so-called bad guy after he blew away one, two or three American soldiers?

1monk.jpg

Thich Quang Duc, a Vietnamese Mahayana Buddhist monk burns himself to death at a busy Saigon road intersection on 11 June 1963 protesting against the Roman Catholic persecution of Buddhists

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom