What's new

IAF wants 50 more Sukhois to counter China, Pakistan

When we produce the J 20 the air force will have approximately 100 billion as its budget. 30 billion for allocation and half that for front line fighters.

At 100 million a pop we could afford 150 a year easy. Production capability is much higher though.
Yaar, i was not talking about your opinion. I was asking about an official numbers in each category like. FGFA program is planned to produce a 5th gen fighter like f22 at a cost of 100million $ each. India has decided to purchase 250-300. Now these numbers are fixed, later on they can purchase as much as they want as per the requirements.

Similarly IAF will be purchasing 150-200 AMCA (India's 5th gen fighter). IN will make there own purchases but number is not revealed for IN.

Now these numbers are not my opinion. These are official figures and the number can be increased later on but initial order will be of 250-300 FGFA/PakFA and 150-200 AMCA for IAF.

Yaar, i was not talking about your opinion. I was asking about an official numbers in each category like. FGFA program is planned to produce a 5th gen fighter like f22 at a cost of 100million $ each. Indi has decided to purchase 250-300. Now these numbers are fixed, later on they can purchase as much as they want as per the requirements.

Similarly IAF will be purchasing 150-200 AMCA (India's 5th gen fighter).

There is no official numbers for anything in the Chinese military besides the budget. You're barking up the wrong tree.

And its a educated guess. Current unofficial budget is at around 150 billion and in constant growth up to 2018 will result in twice that. one third is spent on air force.

Yaar, i was not talking about your opinion. I was asking about an official numbers in each category like. FGFA program is planned to produce a 5th gen fighter like f22 at a cost of 100million $ each. India has decided to purchase 250-300. Now these numbers are fixed, later on they can purchase as much as they want as per the requirements.

Similarly IAF will be purchasing 150-200 AMCA (India's 5th gen fighter). IN will make there own purchases but number is not revealed for IN.

Now these numbers are not my opinion. These are official figures and the number can be increased later on but initial order will be of 250-300 FGFA/PakFA and 150-200 AMCA for IAF.

1- Neither PAK-FA nor J-20 will be able to match the tech level of F-22A for long long tym (not to mention F-22A will be taking upgardes as it goes through time)
2- I mean the reason for bigger order of FGFA may be that IAF be vary of DRDO's capabilities. AFAIK home assembled Sukhoi costed more than offshelf. And not to forget the deficiencies in LCA which have proved to be a major dent in confidence. I personally think that AMCA is like asking too much from DRDO. FGFA is a relatively more promising project to invest as it is flying in reality where as what we have seen uptill of now is only the display model of AMCA.
3- Maintaining a larger FGFA fleet will be though a pain in itself, however, be much better than maintaining two platforms i.e. AMCA and FGFA.

The problem with MKI is that it is 2 piloted. Take out 1 MKI effectively removes 2 pilots, and we all know that while you can make more planes by throwing money at it, you can't make pilots by throwing money at it.

The 2 pilot cockpit also increases weight and size compared to a standard cockpit. This reduces the maximum speed of MKI to below 2.0 mach. As for the engines, India is inexperienced of maintaining it themselves, and had to send back to Russia alot before.

In a potential imaginary future war between India and China, I envison India having massive problems with pilot sources, radar maintanance and engine maintainance. Chinese J-20s should target Indian AWACs without being detected, then use own AWACs and JH-7 to jam and destroy ground radars and any planes on the ground, followed by J-7, J-8, J-10, J-11 and J-20 under AWAC guidance to clean up any planes already in the air.

1- Neither PAK-FA nor J-20 will be able to match the tech level of F-22A for long long tym (not to mention F-22A will be taking upgardes as it goes through time)
Don't really care....we are not going to fight US....If its even somewhat less capable than F22, but it will still retain the number 2nd spot for the best fighter jet.

2- I mean the reason for bigger order of FGFA may be that IAF be vary of DRDO's capabilities. AFAIK home assembled Sukhoi costed more than offshelf. And not to forget the deficiencies in LCA which have proved to be a major dent in confidence.
Whatever is the reason, facts are still the same that IAF is buying 250-300 of them.

I personally think that AMCA is like asking too much from DRDO. FGFA is a relatively more promising project to invest as it is flying in reality where as what we have seen uptill of now is only the display model of AMCA.
Actually you are seeing it from a wrong point of view. DRDO's capability is in question in many projects but that doesnot mean we should give up and stop doing RnD. We are spending money in FGFA so that we can learn. No where is the fun when you learn and don't implement it ??/ Nobody is saying it will be the best like Chinese, we just want to make sure that whatever is learnt from MMRCA ToT and FGFA program is utilized and best way was AMCA.
If in the future India-Pakistan develops good relations, you could even purchase it from us.

2- I mean the reason for bigger order of FGFA may be that IAF be vary of DRDO's capabilities. AFAIK home assembled Sukhoi costed more than offshelf. And not to forget the deficiencies in LCA which have proved to be a major dent in confidence. I personally think that AMCA is like asking too much from DRDO. FGFA is a relatively more promising project to invest as it is flying in reality where as what we have seen uptill of now is only the display model of AMCA.
3- Maintaining a larger FGFA fleet will be though a pain in itself, however, be much better than maintaining two platforms i.e. AMCA and FGFA.

very true. USAF is planning f 22c.

Don't really care....we are not going to fight US....If its even somewhat less capable than F22, but it will still retain the number 2nd spot for the best fighter jet.

Whatever is the reason, facts are still the same that IAF is buying 250-300 of them.

Actually you are seeing it from a wrong point of view. DRDO's capability is in question in many projects but that doesnot mean we should give up and stop doing RnD. We are spending money in FGFA so that we can learn. No where is the fun when you learn and don't implement it ??/ Nobody is saying it will be the best like Chinese, we just want to make sure that whatever is learnt from MMRCA ToT and FGFA program is utilized and best way was AMCA.
If in the future India-Pakistan develops good relations, you could even purchase it from us.

now that was an masterstroke. :toast_sign:

You are a typical off the mill N00b.
1. PAKFA is being designed for defensive jobs. ie. they will prevent F22 from achieving air superiority over Russia atleast. So they have gone for 3D TVC and more of maneuverability rather than stealth. It can give a run for its money in WVR and with their X-band radar, they can detect F22s from a fair enough distance.
2. We wont be meeting F22 fighters anytime in next 50 years.
3. MKI costed more because it is 2-seater, with avionics, radar and missiles purchased from Israel. It is better then off the shelf variety hence costly.
4. LCA has the same engine as F18 hornet. In the next 7-8 years I am sure DRDO's expertise in avionics and BVR missiles etc will come off age. It is meant to replace Mig-21s and not meant for air superiority.
5. AMCA will be a test bed for inducting the indigenous versions of the foreign technologies that india will acquire through TOT and FGFA programme. The focus is towards developing indigenous capability.
6. Its Kindergarten logic that you don't put all your apples in one basket.

In a potential imaginary future war between India and China, I envison India having massive problems with pilot sources, radar maintanance and engine maintainance. Chinese J-20s should target Indian AWACs without being detected, then use own AWACs and JH-7 to jam and destroy ground radars and any planes on the ground, followed by J-7, J-8, J-10, J-11 and J-20 under AWAC guidance to clean up any planes already in the air.

THIS IS WHAT I SAY UTTER
images

Back
Top Bottom