What's new

IAF to hold 'Exercise Maha Gajraj' with Indian Army

Buddy we fought a war there it will be wise to get ready for every possible terrain.

I was referring to large scale exercises with armour as per the article referred to in the thread. These are not possible in the east nor are they needed in that area. Exercises in mountains and jungles are regularly conducted, since they lack the glamour factor, therefore they do not attract media attention.

1962 was fought in the north and the northeast, not the east. east of India includes Bihar, West Bengal and the states to the east of BD.

Army does not have to conduct exercise on Army land alone. Any area which is sparsely populated is good enough. Yes for live firing, Army ranges are needed.

Exercises in all terrain conditions are a regular feature.

How much indian army form doctrines or conduct exercises,they will never win any war.PERIOD.
943227833d1305709183-english-spam-thread-not-sure-if-troll-just-very-stupid-28n1299498207760-29.jpg

I WONDER WHAT STEPS THE PAKISTANI'S ARE TAKING SEEING ALL THESE EXERCISES!!!:undecided:

elephants of subcontinent the nightmare of any invading forces back then, in movie 300 they (spartans) call it as a monster havoc creator, had they really not seen elephants ?

Elephants were also one of the reason we lost many wars,or rather lack of availability of good horses.
Elephants are bulky, difficult to move around, and if provoked can create havoc in your own camp.
Also, leaders on large elephants were most vulnerable to arrow and slings, whose death can leave the whole army disintegrated.

It is good for frightening enemy though.

I would swap most of the elephant for a good sized cavalry.

It really amazed me how these guys come up with such names - very peculiar.

Back
Top Bottom