What's new

IAF planning to phase out MiG-27 combat planes by 2017

Its better to replace the MIG27 so IAF has fewer combat types POST 2017.

I believe the combat types should be kept to 5 maximum post 2016-2025

ie SU30MKI
Rafale/ MIRAGE2000
MIG29
Tejas
Jaguar

POST 2025 4 types

FGFA, SU30MKI RAFALE & TEJAS MK1/2

Its better to replace the MIG27 so IAF has fewer combat types POST 2017.

I believe the combat types should be kept to 5 maximum post 2016-2025

ie SU30MKI
Rafale/ MIRAGE2000
MIG29
Tejas
Jaguar

POST 2025 4 types

FGFA, SU30MKI RAFALE & TEJAS MK1/2
LCA MK 1 will never see combat duty. Only mark 2

No chance of that. Ther migs are staying. Combat force levels wont be allowed to fall to lesser than current levels

May be pak may buy them :):):):)

So this time IAF is not doing the "Crash out" program like the Mig 21's.

Well we have bought used equipment in the recent past but we never buy anything used by stinky pigs.

How are the 2 related? Mig 27 is a ground attack aircraft, designated for close air support also. It can carry the cluster bomb if I am not mistaken against tank formations.

The F15 is not primarily a ground attack aircraft.

F15 is multirole fighter, It can be tailor made for ground attack role as well. There are few version of F15 which are suitable for ground attack role.

I personally prefer Su30 MKK/MKM over F15. MKK is good ground attack fighter. Buying MKK will save infrastructure cost.

I think India must close its inventory to Su27 series, French Rafael and Indian planes. No more new bird in inventory please.

Well we have bought used equipment in the recent past but we never buy anything used by stinky pigs.

Don't worry, we will give to you free of cost... :azn:

You never BUY anything. Period. You get on baksheesh.

Soft loans from big daddy china, or used handouts from evil incarnate USA are all you got.

Sino-American charity jai ho! :china::usflag:

Yes and you know why ??? You don't have money to buy anything. That's why your GREAT nation ask Indian railways to "lease" and NOT buy few ENGINES :D
BTW how's your railway doing :P

HAHAHA...How's your Fifth gen plane program is going on...wait...you don't have one....and you can't have J-10B on soft loan, how are you going to buy fifth gen from China EVEN IF they sell it to you.

How many 4.5 generation plane PAF have or going to have in coming years.

Sir read your facts carefully days of MIG21 crashing are gone R21 engine issues are resolved.

On the contrary are your pilots secure in MIRAGE 3/5S for an Airforce with 19.5 Ftr/Sqns only

There are discussions in Defence circles on procuring 4 Sqns of F15s

Oh please. :rolleyes:

Can we sell them ?

Nobody wants single role fighters anymore.

F15 is multirole fighter, It can be tailor made for ground attack role as well. There are few version of F15 which are suitable for ground attack role.

I personally prefer Su30 MKK/MKM over F15. MKK is good ground attack fighter.

1. The Flankers and the F15s are designed for air superiority
2. The later versions of both fighters added A2G capability, hence they got multi role capable and not re-designed
3. We already have our heavy class multi role capable fighter, that is replacing Mig 23s and Mig 27s, the MKI which is just like the MKM a version of the SU 30 MK and with the same capabilities in ground attack as well.

Back
Top Bottom