What's new

IAF pilots to evaluate Boeing's F-18 warplanes

Owais

Reaction score

Press Trust of India
Tue, 18 Jul 2006, 00:21

FARNBOROUGH: Indian Air Force pilots are expected to test fly Boeing's F-18 fighter aircraft to evaluate the American war machine as the company is one of the main bidders in the race to sell 126 frontline jet planes to India.
Two test pilots from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Air Marshals AK Nagalia and Bhushan Gokhale, are at the Farnborough Air Show to evaluate the planes, an HAL official said on Monday. India plans to buy 126 fighter planes to replace its ageing Russian-made MiG-21 warplanes and top aircraft manufacturers like Boeing and Lockheed, which produces the F-16 warplanes, are in the fray to bag the major deal.
A Boeing spokesman said several meetings with Indian Air Force representatives have taken place and it is awaiting a response from the Indian side with regard to the F-18, a twin-engine multi-role combat jet, which, the company claims, is one of most advanced warplanes in the world.
He said Boeing is also exploring the possibility of manufacturing aircraft components and assembling the jets in India.

Owais said:

Press Trust of India
Tue, 18 Jul 2006, 00:21

FARNBOROUGH: Indian Air Force pilots are expected to test fly Boeing's F-18 fighter aircraft to evaluate the American war machine as the company is one of the main bidders in the race to sell 126 frontline jet planes to India.
Two test pilots from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Air Marshals AK Nagalia and Bhushan Gokhale, are at the Farnborough Air Show to evaluate the planes, an HAL official said on Monday. India plans to buy 126 fighter planes to replace its ageing Russian-made MiG-21 warplanes and top aircraft manufacturers like Boeing and Lockheed, which produces the F-16 warplanes, are in the fray to bag the major deal.
A Boeing spokesman said several meetings with Indian Air Force representatives have taken place and it is awaiting a response from the Indian side with regard to the F-18, a twin-engine multi-role combat jet, which, the company claims, is one of most advanced warplanes in the world.
He said Boeing is also exploring the possibility of manufacturing aircraft components and assembling the jets in India.

OK, and Bush is still a traditional US businessman, so it's unreasonable to count on him right?:coffee:

And consider of MIG-21's original function, Indian obviously aims to Pak since F-18E/F more emphasizes A2G attack even compare to F-16C/D.

Oh, god, there're so many killing machines get togethered here!

How many F-18s are they considering? Surely it can't be for all 126 replacement, at 35 million / piece.

Yukihime said:
OK, and Bush is still a traditional US businessman, so it's unreasonable to count on him right?:coffee:

And consider of MIG-21's original function, Indian obviously aims to Pak since F-18E/F more emphasizes A2G attack even compare to F-16C/D.

Oh, god, there're so many killing machines get togethered here!

he is!
one side he is puhing F16s to pakistan and on the other side he is offering F18E/F to counter them.
but accoding to my knowledge, F16 block 52 is better than F18E/F in A to A missions.

Its a common practice that an airforce evaluates a plane which may or may not be ordered.

I still think that India will go for the Mig-29 OVT.

Owais said:
he is!
one side he is puhing F16s to pakistan and on the other side he is offering F18E/F to counter them.
but accoding to my knowledge, F16 block 52 is better than F18E/F in A to A missions.

Yes, agree with ya and that's just what I mean.

Also there's no argument between us while I think F-18 emphasizes A2G and u said F-16's better in dogfight or so.

To the question why IAF seems preferring F-18, my opinion is that in IAF's consideration, a force made up by Suhoi series, Mirage, plus A-50 would be totally enough for preforming in air-superiority mission. Actually these two kinds of fighters are right more suitable to accomplish A2A, and this would seems much more like truth when facing PAF which is a much smaller scale of air force. More over, their recent maneuver with USAF simply encourages this conviction although we all doubt the real purpose that USAF coorporated with IAF for.;) What they're thinking about is how to help their army to destroy ground targets when sky's all clear.

Now I can't help focusing on this fact, that whether IAF would finally get those planes since they already have got Mig-29K right? If so, IAF would be the unique one of the world which have both Russian and US planes on one aircraft carrier~~:idiot: Oh,just can't imagine that so I would rather see it as a sign of India's ambition......

well i think if india go for F18 then russia will be defenantly sadden..coz many former allies or russia are now with america(ukraine) and many others.it will give pak a chance to go for russian hardware..

Let them buy another double engined jet. It is their right to do so. But the future wars will be not manned. And on that front they still fail 100%. India being selfproclaimed superpower needs to impotr anything. Compare that with China. I agree that callcenter technology is better in India but that is because the English background. But I do not see India being capable in producing new technology. Even with so many engineers...

Munir said:
But I do not see India being capable in producing new technology. Even with so many engineers...

Sadly true..

Owais said:
please support your statement with more facts and explanations

Munir said:
But I do not see India being capable in producing new technology. Even with so many engineers...
Do you have some specific information on that?
To start with, can you compare the number of patents received by Indians in India with regards to other developed/developing nations?

Jay_ said:
To start with, can you compare the number of patents received by Indians in India with regards to other developed/developing nations?

This report displays the number of U.S. patents distributed by country :

India: 2033 (1991-2004)

pak: 32 (1991-2004)

in one report Nigeria owns 8 patents, but this dosnt means that nigeria is better then IRAN who have N/A.

Jay_ said:

Well India has the largest IT slaves in the world does that mean it is a superpower? Nopes. Let me put it simple. A nation starts developing new technology in weapons and then there are new products. Looking at Indian successes (Arjun, Arkash, LCA, Agni, and the list is long and notorious). Compare that with Pakistan. Less cash, less pr but better products that are exported... There will be more industry.

One other thing is that besides internet nerds that post arrogant and crappy posts that are 100% anti pak is that these days BBC is crowded with Indians that are so India loving that we might end puking.

Let me remind you that Arjun was called superduper. LCA was in the same class as f22. The Indians will be on the moon within years. And at the same time Fc1 was paperplane. Al Khaled was a toy. Mushaq was very simple. Pakistan has no cruisemissile. Pakistan would never got F16 block 10... Yet we all know the reality now. Indians, and their president included, are busy with pathetic pr to mark Pakistan as a terrorist or suporter of terrorism while all we see is the opposite...

Back
Top Bottom