ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IAF flooded with requests by veterans to ‘fight’
Published March 21, 2019 | By admin
SOURCE: Tribune News Service
2019_3$largeimg21_Thursday_2019_060554271.jpg

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is lately dealing with a new surge of emotions, from its own retired personnel who wish to fight for the nation. The IAF mailbox — email and normal mail — is flooded with requests from retired officers and airmen offering their services to the IAF, fearing the country may face some “exigency”. Sources say retired fighter pilots, helicopter pilots, engineers and airmen (IAF nomenclature for jawans and JCOs) have sent in mails detailing their expertise along with rank, name and number held during service. All of them have offered to leave their existing jobs and enterprises and work for the Indian Air Force. The mails have been trickling in since the air strike at Jaish-e-Mohammed’s Balakot terror camp in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on February 26 and subsequent air battle over Nowshera/Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir on February 27 when Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman ejected in Azad Kashmir. While the IAF has not accepted any such request, retired personnel are all in, apparently feeling that the Air Force may need manpower to monitor ground stations, radars, sensors and warplanes would need to be “hot-serviced” for a quick turnaround. All of them are trained men. Normally, if an exigency arises, the duties would entail ground operations, managing logistics and back-end administration. Old-timers recollect a similar surge in emotions during the Kargil conflict of 1999. The IAF, on its part, has war-gamed its manpower needs in case of an emergency and conducted a pan-India exercise “Gagan Shakti-2018” from April 8-22, 2018, to validate it. The exercise was real-time coordination, deployment and employment of air power in a short and intense battle scenario. During the exercise, more than 11,000 sorties were flown. Rules for ‘reserves’ Under the IAF Act, 1950, those who retire from the IAF are deemed to be on ‘reserve’ for a period of two years after retirement This means, if a war breaks out and the IAF suffers losses, medically-fit ‘reserves’ can be called back to duty The clause of ‘reserves’ does not apply to higher ranks where officers retire at 60 years of age

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website https://idrw.org/iaf-flooded-with-requests-by-veterans-to-fight/ .

That's ok, its in them being a coward is in there blood generations of it from the past and going in to the future its always all talk and words on paper nothing will ever change its there faith lolz.

Last edited:
They might be scared for young pilots..so they offering their old bodies and souls for their nation.. this stems from fear..OMG!

Senior Pilot to young IAF pilot:
"DON'T worry young man Trust on Bhagwan (indian God)"
Young pilot to senior:Sir, which Bhagwan (indian god) should I Trust? ??"
Screenshot_2019-03-22-21-08-54-1.png

Last edited:
They all want to shoot down f-16 with planes as old as them. :rofl:

I said many times IAF is in severe pressure from public & media to take action in Pakistan. Danger is still not out yet. We should prepare ourselves to counter any aggression from India because we have right to defend.

Shall I come out of retirement?

nahhhh
looooool. no need. just send your wife.
no one will face a pissed of pakistani wife. even we run looooool

choice face the entire indian army alone or your wife....

every pakistani.....how the hell do i get to the border

Last edited:
Perhaps the old vetrains think they did better comparatively in their time? Against pakistan. I doubt that.

Back
Top Bottom