What's new

IAF Fighter Roles and Mission profiles --When and how will they be used ?

well there is another solution a couple of high resolution spy satellites placed over pakistan will help us to take out sams effective both fixed and mobile with out without losses what do you think

and also we need a small recon team behind enemy lines

We can force pakistan to fight by our rule only after we get effective operational ABMs.
without that you can not expect minimal loss.

and also i believe that if you want to go for war with pakistan make sure you neutralise their nukes other wise like it or not we will see nukes dropping from either side of the border

Time to bust some of the Mission profiles, i will try to be a bad boy...and will put some radical scenarios or atleast try to where the mission profiles will be radically different.

SU 30 Busted - The Myth.

We all know Su 30 has never been proven in WAR. Apart from picture perfect Air shows nothing/no Su 30 aircraft has seen action anywhere in the world. Taking this into account, its time to bust the Su 30 Myth.Also consider that Su 30 is a very important aircraft for IAF , persistent loss of aircraft would lead to it being used less in the WAR.

In the launch attack from PAF number of Su 30's are destroyed on the forward bases. The launch attack can be from cruise missiles or from the PAF aircraft. Method i guess it is not important. In the ensuing counter attack due to its huge RCS , it becomes a target of number of SAM missiles which find their mark. The AMRAMS launched by F16's find their mark whereas R77 launched by MKI's is succesfully defended by the F16's (counter measures). Consistent loss of Su 30's makes IAF re think on how to employ this Aircraft.

Mig 29 is used then ingress the enemy routes and ever dependable Mirage is used for SEAD missions. SU 30 MKI takes on interceptor role of Mig 29 for the rest of the WAR. Huge numbers of SU 30 MKI which was thought of as an advantage becomes its handicap -- in terms of effective use of squadrons.

Also note that SAAB Awacs will be able to track Su 30 mki effortlessely sue to its huge RCS -- A point which can be debated on since pretty much every aircraft present in both sides inventory will be easily visible to each others AWACS.

The other Aircrafts being old war horses carries on with their mission profiles with Mig 29 taking MKI's place. Effective result - IAF unable to achive air superiority or takes too much time and loss to achive it.

THis is a worst case scenario , i felt i had to present it ...as too much of best cases makes us lax and over confident.

well there is another solution a couple of high resolution spy satellites placed over pakistan will help us to take out sams effective both fixed and mobile with out without losses what do you think

Possible...But the fact is till date we do not know the capabilities of Indian spy satellites. We know capabilities of American and Israeli spy satellites but not Indian.

Also this recce is always done in advance where in we can target fixed SAM stations of enemy. However in case of surprise launch of WAR, satellites cannot provides us immediate intel on mobile SAM launchers.

We can force pakistan to fight by our rule only after we get effective operational ABMs.
without that you can not expect minimal loss.

That will take time.... PAD ADD is still being tested and really there is no defence against cruise missiles. Atleast not now. Losses will be there , definetly. You simply cant deny it. India is no USAF , Pakistan no Iraqi AF.

and also i believe that if you want to go for war with pakistan make sure you neutralise their nukes other wise like it or not we will see nukes dropping from either side of the border

Lets keep nuke out of this scenario whether we like it or not. Since in a nuke war there are no winners or lossers !! Everybody losses.

or we have to role out our amour in full swing backed up with smerch MBRL with aircover in number in this way we can also acheive our objective

^^^ We wont be the bigger loser as we would annihilate using 400 KT thermo nuclear bombs. While pakistans best chances are a 20 KT plutonium fission bomb.

or we have to role out our amour in full swing backed up with smerch MBRL with aircover in number in this way we can also acheive our objective

Pakistanis will also have their Armour thrust with Aircover. Indian Armour will be busy countering that. Air supremacy can only be achived in AIR , we cant do that from LAND - takes too much time and hurdles.

^^^ We wont be the bigger loser as we would annihilate using 400 KT thermo nuclear bombs. While pakistans best chances are a 20 KT plutonium fission bomb.

Sudesh -- Please keep the nukes out. Our Pakistani friends always have a field day in how to use the nukes when the discussion comes to that. Discussion of Nuke will not contribute to this thread.
Add inputs towards the Mission profiles !!

Pakistanis will also have their Armour thrust with Aircover. Indian Armour will be busy countering that. Air supremacy can only be achived in AIR , we cant do that from LAND - takes too much time and hurdles.

well in that case we have to take chances with our gunships rather loosing fighters

Time to bust some of the Mission profiles, i will try to be a bad boy...and will put some radical scenarios or atleast try to where the mission profiles will be radically different.

SU 30 Busted - The Myth.

We all know Su 30 has never been proven in WAR. Apart from picture perfect Air shows nothing/no Su 30 aircraft has seen action anywhere in the world. Taking this into account, its time to bust the Su 30 Myth.Also consider that Su 30 is a very important aircraft for IAF , persistent loss of aircraft would lead to it being used less in the WAR.

In the launch attack from PAF number of Su 30's are destroyed on the forward bases. The launch attack can be from cruise missiles or from the PAF aircraft. Method i guess it is not important. In the ensuing counter attack due to its huge RCS , it becomes a target of number of SAM missiles which find their mark. The AMRAMS launched by F16's find their mark whereas R77 launched by MKI's is succesfully defended by the F16's (counter measures). Consistent loss of Su 30's makes IAF re think on how to employ this Aircraft.

Mig 29 is used then ingress the enemy routes and ever dependable Mirage is used for SEAD missions. SU 30 MKI takes on interceptor role of Mig 29 for the rest of the WAR. Huge numbers of SU 30 MKI which was thought of as an advantage becomes its handicap -- in terms of effective use of squadrons.

Also note that SAAB Awacs will be able to track Su 30 mki effortlessely sue to its huge RCS -- A point which can be debated on since pretty much every aircraft present in both sides inventory will be easily visible to each others AWACS.

The other Aircrafts being old war horses carries on with their mission profiles with Mig 29 taking MKI's place. Effective result - IAF unable to achive air superiority or takes too much time and loss to achive it.

THis is a worst case scenario , i felt i had to present it ...as too much of best cases makes us lax and over confident.

2 nd Radical scenario --

Chinese scenario ---

As WAR breaks out, Chinese builds up pressure. Makes threatening speaches , builds up the troops , conducts Air excercises. This causes IAF to divert many of its superior aircraft towards NE border -- Leading to a total lack of available aircraft to maintain/achieve Air superiority.

This in my opinion is very likely and one which can happen with certainty. Note that Chinese dont need to attack us , they just need to make threatening noises to build up the pressure. IAF would automatically divert the aircrafts to NE border.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom